Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In your opinion whose songs all sound the same?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Suas11 wrote: »
    Really? So you think that Pyramid Song, Bodysnatchers, Kid A and The National Anthem all sound the same?

For ****'s sake yeah. They're all unreal. What kind of ****ty band only makes unreal tunes? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

The Beatles
    Radiohead

That's a joke right?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Damian Rice! Dose of pining depression! Man up!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

I find most of the suggestions in this thread staggeringly inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭castlepoint

oasis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

The script.

I never know which song is which on the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Those bands who use C G A F as their Chord progession....

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Those bands who use C G A F as their Chord progession....

Yeah, the chromatic bastards! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

El Pr0n wrote: »
    the chromatic bastards
    Good band name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Radiohead
    Primal Scream
    Aphex Twin
    Steve Reich

Don't really know the last two so can't comment. But Radiohead and Primal Scream? Seriously?

Suas11 has already taken Radiohead so I'll look forward to you trying to explain how these all sound the same:

Primal Scream constantly like to change their style and have never released two similar albums in a row. The only constant is Bobby Gillespie's voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Kanye West's late stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    Kanye West's late stuff.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and take it you're excluding My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy from that comment

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

Although I have heard much worse, for me it must be David Gray and Dido.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and take it you're excluding My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy from that comment

What changed from 808 and Heartbreak and some of Graduation to MBDTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Clanket wrote: »
    Red Hot Chilly Peppers
    Why does everyone cite them whenever this topic comes up?

You'd want to be deaf
    RC88 wrote: »
    the smiths, pixies, rihanna, paramore, greenday, limp bizket and every modern rapper
    Wrong.

They have many other different songs too
    EDIT; "Something against you", a Pixies song is not appearing here, but it's what I wanted in my post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Florence and the Machine, in fairness, mainly because her voice is so recognisible, but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

R.E.M. for me. I don't dislike them but it all blends in to one sound

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

God I love Vordhosbn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Metallica. They have a few standout songs but the rest is rather forgettable. Let's pretend Lulu doesn't exist either.

Someone, somewhere, played two of their hits over each other. It sounded like one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

oldyouth wrote: »
    R.E.M. for me. I don't dislike them but it all blends in to one sound

Absolutely. Perfect Circle, Living Well Is The Best Revenge, Crush With Eyeliner and Shiny Happy People all sound alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Ramones
    Cocteau Twins
    Ulrich Schnauss
    Kaito
    Au Revoir Simone
    Boards of Canada
    The Orb
    Red house painters
    Shins
    Stereolab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

greenday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

dinneenp wrote: »
    Ramones
    Cocteau Twins
    Ulrich Schnauss
    Kaito
    Au Revoir Simone
    Boards of Canada
    The Orb
    Red house painters
    Shins
    Stereolab

You have just posted 7 or 8 of my favourite bands of all time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

+1 on Ramones and AC/DC

But they are two bands i love , just because a bands songs all sound similar doesn't mean it's a bad thing. One band i wish stuck more to their original sound is the strokes, really like their first two albums don't care much for the ones after that.

I'd also add my voice to those disagreeing with the pixies , they are my favourite band and no two or their albums sound the same to me. Bossanova was made to sound like a surf album!

I'd add Muse to the list. All their stuff sounds very samey to me and i also don't like them much.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

i also don't like them much.
    This seems to be the main criteria for listing bands on this thread :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Malice wrote: »
    This seems to be the main criteria for listing bands on this thread :).

Yeah, it's kind of going around in circles at this stage. Someone says Band A are crap and samey, then someone else defends Band A passionately by putting up 3 youtube videos to show how different their music is and says that actually Band B are crap and samey. Another person leaps to defend Band B with 3 youtube videos and on it goes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

dinneenp wrote: »
    Ramones
    Cocteau Twins
    Ulrich Schnauss
    Kaito
    Au Revoir Simone
    Boards of Canada
    The Orb
    Red house painters
    Shins
    Stereolab
    That's actually a solid list of bands/artists!

Au Revoir Simone can be a little repetitive at times but they have some cracking songs. Some Cocteau Twins albums do sound a bit samey but if you look at their entire discography as a whole you can trace the evolution of their sound from album to album. Boards of Canada and Stereolab make some very complex music and there is a lot going on in their sound so they can be kind of hard to penetrate. But after a while you start to notice a huge range of variety and influences. I admit Red House Painters albums do suffer from being overlong and have some degree of filler but I love them all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Zero1986 wrote: »
    That's actually a solid list of bands/artists!

Au Revoir Simone can be a little repetitive at times but they have some cracking songs. Some Cocteau Twins albums do sound a bit samey but if you look at their entire discography as a whole you can trace the evolution of their sound from album to album. Boards of Canada and Stereolab make some very complex music and there is a lot going on in their sound so they can be kind of hard to penetrate. But after a while you start to notice a huge range of variety and influences. I admit Red House Painters albums do suffer from being overlong and have some degree of filler but I love them all the same.

They're mainly bands that I like/love, just in case anyone thinks I'm dissing them....

• Advertisement
Advertisement