Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians in ul.

Options
  • 08-11-2011 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I'm a 1st MMPT student in ul. I play guitar( Rhythm) and was wondering if anyone was up for jamming and see where things lead from there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Moved to UL.

If no one from UL gets back to you then, if you like, the thread can be moved back to Bands & Musicians and we can edit the thread title to reflect the Limerick area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

there is other people in your course who play music instruments, the dmd course, and the music soc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

i know but most of them have their own groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

What bands are you into? I've been dying to get into a proper band since I've started. I play bass for an acoustic group but I've been meaning to get into something else as well.

well my top 25 most listened to on the ipod contains the clash ramones ratm the boss greenday paolo elvis costello the blink offspring specials and foos etc
    i'm into literally everything i like music rather than genres . i'll play anything except maybe metal too many solos haha

• Advertisement

That works. I can play guitar, bass, or keys, or bits and bobs of anything else. I'm up for having a jam, maybe we can get a drummer or something sorted. This is what I'd be aiming for personally but I'm happy as long as we can make something that sounds good. I'm a first year too :)

a friend of mine plays drums we're trying to book the music room for thursday if that suits.

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    a friend of mine plays drums we're trying to book the music room for thursday if that suits.
    Great, should be around then. I'll PM you contact details.

i have your number from the last (failed) BULBS I'll text you when i know the time if the rooms available.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Is the music soc not to your taste? I think they've set up loads of bands before.

• Advertisement

oh it is i'm a member the friend who plays drums is a member too. there was a load of bands set up this year and we missed them and all thats left is us guitar players as far as the eye can see cant have a band of just guitar players now can you haha.

pajunior wrote: »
    Is the music soc not to your taste? I think they've set up loads of bands before.
    My only gripe with the music soc is how solely focused they are on just rock music. I was really hoping there would be more of an electronic scene. I guess the DJ soc would be a better place to look there. (And I'm not talking generic club music, good proper electronic music.)

you do have a point i guess its mostly rock bands formed in it but it's not as if its resisted by the society a band could play anything from country to dubstep and the society would have them in gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Hey guys I'm a 1st MMPT student in ul. I play guitar( Rhythm) and was wondering if anyone was up for jamming and see where things lead from there.
    Cydoniac wrote: »
    My only gripe with the music soc is how solely focused they are on just rock music. I was really hoping there would be more of an electronic scene. I guess the DJ soc would be a better place to look there. (And I'm not talking generic club music, good proper electronic music.)
    Anybody need another guitarist?

if you dont mind taking over lead. fiddly bits give me headaches :pac:

if you dont mind taking over lead. fiddly bits give me headaches :pac:
    Last time I played lead was second year in secondary school :D My good guitar is at home, only have an acoustic with me at the moment, but I could have it by next week. I also know a bass guitarist.

BTW, can you post a list of 10 songs that you're listening to atm so I have some sort of idea of what your into?

Here's mine:
    Chase and Status - Time Ft. Delilah
    Jurassic 5 - What's Golden
    The Egg - Walking Away
    Blue Foundation - Eyes on Fire (Zeds Dead remix) <--- That song will never leave my playlist, and has been there for over a year now! :)
    Arctic Monkeys - Brick By Brick
    Chase and Status - Blind Faith
    Magnetic Man - Perfect Stranger Ft. Katy B
    Metallica - Seek and Destroy
    Groove Armada - Superstylin'
    Porter Robinson - Spitfire (Original Mix)

I think cydoniac has that covered.

I think cydoniac has that covered.
    Bass? Lead guitar or music selection?

bass

last ten songs on my shuffle were
    white man in hammersmith palais-the clash
    ghosts - the jam
    stereo hearts - gym class heroes
    scary monsters and nice sprites - skrillex
    concrete jungle - the specials
    watching the detectives - elvis costello
    monkey wrench - foo fighters
    dancing in the dark - bruce springsteen
    love for a child - jason mraz
    fistful of steel - RATM

but i have nearly every genre on my ipod there's bound to be plenty of common ground between us.:D

• Advertisement

bass

last ten songs on my shuffle were
    white man in hammersmith palais-the clash
    ghosts - the jam
    stereo hearts - gym class heroes
    scary monsters and nice sprites - skrillex
    concrete jungle - the specials
    watching the detectives - elvis costello
    monkey wrench - foo fighters
    dancing in the dark - bruce springsteen
    love for a child - jason mraz
    fistful of steel - RATM

but i have nearly every genre on my ipod there's bound to be plenty of common ground between us.:D

Cool beans... :cool:

Only issue there is that I don't own a bass. Think outside the box, I could do an -1 octave guitar or bass synth. Something a bit different, you know?

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Only issue there is that I don't own a bass. Think outside the box, I could do an -1 octave guitar or bass synth. Something a bit different, you know?
    You have a synth?

Enter Shikari so :pac:

theres two basses in the music room as well as an electric.

theres two basses in the music room as well as an electric.
    You lads of Facebook? PM me and I'll add you.

Oh god no! Totally don't want to go down that route haha. I was thinking more Battles or something. I've got a keyboard which I normally use as a MIDI controller for Ableton. Lots of great sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Hey Foggy, you need keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Someone say keys? Lol. Must be a lot more than I thought :p I'm self taught for about 5-6 years now and have a taste in music a bit on the other end of the spectrum to you guys :p

Just thought I'd show some keys lovin' in here.

Advertisement