Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S on Windows 7

Options
  • 08-11-2011 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi folks

I've been having problems with installing the USB drivers for my new Samsung Galaxy S Plus on Windows 7. Everytime I try connect the phone to the PC it say "MTS not found" or something of that ilk. Fails every time.

For anyone else who has had this problem, how did you overcome it? What steps did you take to rectify the issue with Samsung S Galaxy's on Windows 7?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Is this with Kies? That's normal I'm afraid - it just doesn't work!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Is this with Kies? That's normal I'm afraid - it just doesn't work!

To be honest I don't know. Kies I've read is some software you download from the Samsung website, right? I haven't done that. I just connected the phone to the PC when I got home and device didn't install. Not sure how to get around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Install Kies. Download it, or use the installer file that comes with the phone. Plug phone in, click the "usb connected" notification, select mount usb. Should show as a usb drive, the installer file is there somewhere, maybe in a Kies directory.

You don't actually need these special drivers, and kies is **** by the way :) The only reason to install it is if you want to use Odin to flash custom roms.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Advertisement