Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invoicing/ accounts systems

Options
  • 08-11-2011 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if someone might know what might best suit my needs:

They are

I need a system that will record and print/email invoices
    Delivery notes
    Keep Accounts
    Help with vat returns and similar (sage offers these)

No stock control is required

I was looking at sage basic package but I don't see anything mentioned about delivery notes on it? Some the other packages from different companies do mention it but they also have stock control and this is used to create invoices it seems. So doesn't seem ideal for me..

So can anyone reccomend any software or online accounts system I could use?

I will probably trial sage and some of the others in due course.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Will you have high number of transactions and many users accessing the system?

Judging by your list below either Sage Instant Accounts or Sage 50 Accounts would cover your requirements

We have both these set up in multiple sites, if you need any further information on them drop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

no only myself using it really...

high number of transactions, not really, few invoices a month, some purchases

have started the online trial of sage one and it seems good, just lacking the delivery dockets..

guess i could just make do with manually making these.. defiantly not worth extra 500 with sage to have this added feature

sage instant accounts i was told doesnt have the delivery docket feature but you can edit the invoice to work.. so does instant accounts have any other advantages over sage one?

i like sage one as it is web based and not on a pc

thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

Sage 50 Accounts Professional, Tas Books or Tas Books with stock will all produce a delivery docket. This docket is created as part of the invoicing and stock modules - when you create an order for a customer the system will print you off a delivery docket when you issue the order and create the invoice.

Sage Instant Accounts does not have a standard delivery docket because it does not include a full stock or sales order processing module. It does allow you to set up your products and services and to create an invoice for your customer with these on it which can be posted or emailed to your customer. If you wanted to create a delivery docket on instant accounts your best option would be to amend one of the standard invoice templates to appear like a delivery docket - e.g. remove the price lines and revise the titles.

Sage One and Instant Accounts are both entry level accounting products which will allow you to set up customers and suppliers and to perform all of your standard tasks - VAT, income and expenditure, tracking bank accounts, invoice creation, statement creation, financial reporting, management reporting.

Sage One is a cloud product so it can be accessed from any computer or mobile device. It is payable monthly which means there is no larger up front charge, 24/7 support is included in the monthly fee, your book keeper or accountant could log in to your accounts if you wanted them to, the product is Mac/Safari compatible and you do not have to worry about backup routines.

Instant Accounts is a product that is purchased outright which means there is no recurring charge and the product is installed onto your own pc at your own premises. Telephone support is seperate and can be purchased annually if required. A backup routine is vital as the software resides on your own hardware and access is limited to the pc on which the software is installed.

Price wise Instant Accounts costs €156 ex vat and delivery for the package,. Sage One costs between €6 - €12 a month (there are two options available).

I am connected to the company

thanks herbalist

I am trialing sage one so think I will stick with that for now as wont be too much business/orders in the beginning to deal with..

If i was to change to a different system, I guess all previous records would have to be added manually to the new system?

Thanks again

If you were to change to another system you could either start off again with opening balances or it is possible to export a transaction history from Sage One into csv file. However you would need to check if that same file could be imported into the second system.

It is not possible to transfer data directly from Sage One into Instant Accounts or Sage 50.

Sage Two will come out soon and if you wanted to upgrade Sage One to that all of your data would come across.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks,

Is sage two likely to have delivery docket feature? or at least a way of changing templates?

How secure is using it online, I mean, most companies would rather have a backup etc of stuff, i myself would rather have access to it from anywhere but also some peace of mind at the same time!

I mean in terms of the site/server going down and me loosing all my data?

Thanks

The feature list has not been fully defined yet for Sage Two but it will be aimed at fulfilling the needs of the average small to medium business.

With regard to secutity Sage One has mutilple levels of redundancy built in. You can view more detail on the security here:

http://www.sageone.com/security

or by contacting the 24/7 support team.

ok many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

If you don't require Stock Control, Sage instant can be made to print delivery Dockets.

I designed a system for a concrete company of doing dockets and multi delivery invoices from Instant

If you don't require Stock Control, Sage instant can be made to print delivery Dockets.

I designed a system for a concrete company of doing dockets and multi delivery invoices from Instant

ok thanks for posting, i prefer the idea of using sageone as its web based rather than have my information on a pc and backed up elsehwere..

guess for now i will just manually create delivery dockets in excel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

My company has used Intact software since 2006, it is very user friendly and adaptable to each users needs. They are based in Dundalk, and have an excellent support function.
    http://www.intactsoftware.com/
    good luck.

Advertisement