Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zarkozy:"I cannot stand Netenyahu,He is a liar"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Well he is not wrong.....

I think it rather interesting how Netanyahu is seemingly isolating at least some leaders in Europe, due to his intransigence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

wes wrote: »

I think it rather interesting how Netanyahu is seemingly isolating at least some leaders in Europe, due to his intransigence.

i don't think i can recall one leader, anywhere, who likes Netanyahu either personally or politically.

the Obama administration loathes him in particular.

i think its news that anybody is remotely surprised that no one who has to deal with him can stand the sight of him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

OS119 wrote: »
    wes wrote: »

i don't think i can recall one leader, anywhere, who likes Netanyahu either personally or politically.

i think its news that anybody is remotely surprised that no one who has to deal with him can stand the sight of him...

They might loathe him personally but he matters a hell of a lot more to them than France or any European country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭hangon

I think its news that anybody is remotely surprised that no one who has to deal with him can stand the sight of him...

I am not so sure,He can be very charming and personable to a casual viewer(a wolf in sheep clothing IMO but he is being discussed elsewhere)

Who will be most embarrassed by this i wonder? Zarkozy or Obama?
    wish this would happen more often!
    the Journalists involved said they would not publish as they were not meant to hear.

i wonder who leaked it,the timing seems very convenient!;)

hangon wrote: »

Who will be most embarrassed by this i wonder? Zarkozy or Obama?

neither - Sarkozy isn't going to lose any French votes slagging down Netanyahu, and any American's who might get offended at Obama for slagging him down decided to vote republican long ago.

French media 'leaked' it - Sarkozy was still miked up when he spoke to Obama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Netanyahu is nothing but a failed politician and trouble maker. Been round the block before and failed then. Obama's reply, "You may be sick of him, but me, I have to deal with him every day,". This tells me more in that Israel makes all its problems those of the US and one can imagine his constant threats and demands.

neither - Sarkozy isn't going to lose any French votes slagging down Netanyahu, and any American's who might get offended at Obama for slagging him down decided to vote republican long ago.

French media 'leaked' it - Sarkozy was still miked up when he spoke to Obama.

netanyahu is very popular in america and more jews vote democrat than republican though not the more hawkish zionist types

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

irishh_bob wrote: »
    netanyahu is very popular in america and more jews vote democrat than republican though not the more hawkish zionist types

I wouldn't say he's very popular. Maybe amongst neo-conservative Republicans, who blindly support all actions, good or bad of Israel. But alot of Americans are tired of the unfettered support of Israel by the US.

if you can find a democrat voting Jew in the US who likes Netanyahu - and is offended that Obama can't stand the man, i will give £20 to whatever charity you name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Didn't Le Twerp Sarkozy lie to us before the referendum about our Corp Tax being safe.

This post has been deleted.

Anything from Zarkozy is a bit rich given his and Angela Merkels remarks after Lisbon 1 that Ireland simply had to have another Referendum and say YES!.
    they remained in the same arrogant vein ever since to the rest of Europe IMO.

I googled 'Democrats who support Netenyahu' to see what results i would get,most were from 2010 but this one says it is only a day old.
    i have no idea if it is a reputable site though.
    Who's to blame for the continued failure of the Middle East peace process? Former President Bill Clinton said today that it is Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu -- whose government moved the goalposts upon taking power, and whose rise represents a key reason there has been no Israeli-Palestinian peace deal.

Clinton, in a roundtable with bloggers today on the sidelines of the Clinton Global Initiative in New York, gave an extensive recounting of the deterioration in the Middle East peace process since he pressed both parties to agree to a final settlement at Camp David in 2000. He said there are two main reasons for the lack of a comprehensive peace today: the reluctance of the Netanyahu administration to accept the terms of the Camp David deal and a demographic shift in Israel that is making the Israeli public less amenable to peace.

"The two great tragedies in modern Middle Eastern politics, which make you wonder if God wants Middle East peace or not, were Rabin's assassination and Sharon's stroke," Clinton said.

Sharon had decided he needed to build a new centrist coalition, so he created the Kadima party and gained the support of leaders like Tzipi Livni and Ehud Olmert. He was working toward a consensus for a peace deal before he fell ill, Clinton said. But that effort was scuttled when the Likud party returned to power.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/09/22/bill...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=124x365557

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Necron

At the end of the day politicians are human like the rest of us. I know it isn't acting professional saying such things but it was a personal conversation where personal opinions were being exchanged. Probably just should have been more vigilant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Necron wrote: »
    At the end of the day politicians are human like the rest of us. I know it isn't acting professional saying such things but it was a personal conversation where personal opinions were being exchanged. Probably just should have been more vigilant.

its people being overheard saying what they actually think. On Have I got News for You last week, one of the guests said that Berlusconi had called Angela Merkel an "unf***able lard-arse"
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/italy/110915/berlusconi-calls-merkel-un****able-lard-arse

dlofnep wrote: »
    I wouldn't say he's very popular. Maybe amongst neo-conservative Republicans, who blindly support all actions, good or bad of Israel. But alot of Americans are tired of the unfettered support of Israel by the US.

I agree, its not only the Americans who are tired of this long saga of Israel against the whole of the middle east and poor Israel, its most of the rest of Europe as well. Big brother sick of settling fights that little rogue brother picks.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Big brother sick of settling fights that little rogue brother picks.

The problem is people do not know who is more of a threat.
    those irresponsible ones in Iran who have not yet got Nuclear weapons in as far as we know,or the known looney Netenyahu who if not pampered may just decide to ignore Countries who are friendly to Israel and strike anyway.

The problem is people do not know who is more of a threat.
    those irresponsible ones in Iran who have not yet got Nuclear weapons in as far as we know,or the known looney Netenyahu who if not pampered may just decide to ignore Countries who are friendly to Israel and strike anyway.

From a long line of loony Prime Ministers......there appears to be no shortage of them, one tries to outdo the next in warmongering and the rest. As far as Israel is concerned there is only one agenda...its. As much as a person understands Israel's situation/isolation and the volatility in the region, it does stir the pot. As soon as Netenyahu is gone there will be another to replace him. I empathize with Obama in dealing with, no way but my way, no middle ground Netenyahu. I know what I would say to him, just ......and off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I'd love to see Obama / the USA tell Israel they're on their own from now. Wonder how much of their weight they'd throw around then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

maybe,
    did you see his speech in May 2011 the amount of applause
    beggared belief

US Congress Applause & 25 Standing Ovations to Netanyahu:

maybe,
    beggared belief...

public/private - big difference.

quite why the seppo's don't stick an 'agent of a foreign government' on all the lobbyists for Israel is a mystery to me, but thats the mental way they operate...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I agree, its not only the Americans who are tired of this long saga of Israel against the whole of the middle east and poor Israel, its most of the rest of Europe as well. Big brother sick of settling fights that little rogue brother picks.

This despite the fact that almost all Israel's war's have been war's initiated against the Israeli state by its neighbours?.

As for Bibi being a liar, is there a politican who isn't?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nentenyahu the war hawk, has been surrounded by corruption and scandal throughout all his political life. Calling him a liar is the least Sarkozy could do and for once he speaks a bit of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Anything from Zarkozy is a bit rich given his and Angela Merkels remarks after Lisbon 1 that Ireland simply had to have another Referendum and say YES!.
    they remained in the same arrogant vein ever since to the rest of Europe IMO.

You know one day, maybe in 50 years, I hope that I can stop listening to whining about the Lisbon treaty. How exactly did they tell us how to vote or when?

Let me guess Anti-Israeli and a supporter of Sinn Fein?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭cyberhog

This despite the fact that almost all Israel's war's have been war's initiated against the Israeli state by its neighbours?.

As for Bibi being a liar, is there a politican who isn't?.

Who mentioned wars? Fights I said, like going into Lebanon some years ago and destroying infrastructure as well as killing, attacking Gaza regularly, killing Turkish citizens on the aid ship some while ago, when then the yanks have to smooth over after and pretend it never happened. It is positively cringing.

meglome wrote: »
    You know one day, maybe in 50 years, I hope that I can stop listening to whining about the Lisbon treaty. How exactly did they tell us how to vote or when?

I was referring to MerKozy's infamous press conference after Ireland said NO,they were a disgrace to democracy.
    they have continued to use heavy handed language towards EU members as if Europe is their property.
    Remember Germany and France are only lending support to other EU Countries because their banks will go down the tube due to their own irresponsible stupid lending policies.
    Let me guess Anti-Israeli and a supporter of Sinn Fein?

not that i should have to answer that but i am anti-Netenyahu,not anti Israel.
    I am anti Israel policies that make life miserable for Palestinians ,Not Anti Israel as a Nation.

BTW since i have been able to vote i have never given SF my number one vote.
    so i guess you will have to guess again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Remember Germany and France are only lending support to other EU Countries because their banks will go down the tube due to their own irresponsible stupid lending policies.

I suppose you have a link for that?

The evidence that has been put forward in here would show that we borrowed our money from the International money markets based mainly in New York and London. And as for the Greeks, they lied and cheated to get into the Euro and get the loans so it's only fair that the Germans and French would be pissed off.
    not that i should have to answer that but i am anti-Netenyahu,not anti Israel.
    I am anti Israel policies that make life miserable for Palestinians ,Not Anti Israel as a Nation.

BTW since i have been able to vote i have never given SF my number one vote.
    so i guess you will have to guess again.

I'm not a fan of many Israeli actions myself or Netenyahu for that matter.

ULA?

meglome wrote: »
    ULA?

hopefully you got my answer in your email inbox(i deleted it as it appeared jumbled once posted.)

ULA ? no you will have to guess again,it will give you something to do.
    rational debate has no intellectual property rights AFIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

cyberhog wrote: »

OMG someone on the internet said something!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Stomach churning viewing.
    OMG someone on the internet said something!

And you can be fairly sure that, unlike the ranting of some random angry Palestinian, calls for another 9/11 by some random angry Israelis won't make the news in the western media.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

This does not surprise me about Sarkozy. He's a vile individual with a Napoleonic complex.

Fortunately he is on course to being kicked out of office at the next French election.

I'm not sure who is worse, Sarkozy or Chirac.

I still remember the time in 2005, just a few days before the decision on which city will host the 2012 Olympics was made, when Chirac was overheard telling Putin and Schroeder that only Finnish food is worse than British food.

A few days later London narrowly beat Paris in the final round of IOC voting. It is believed that the Finnish delegates all voted for London because of Chirac's comments and that it was their votes which gave London the 2012 Games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

neither - Sarkozy isn't going to lose any French votes slagging down Netanyahu

It doesn't matter. It is believed that Sarkozy and his party are going to do so badly at the French presidential elections that they'll even finish behind the Far Right Front National, who are doing very well.

Batsy wrote: »
    This does not surprise me about Sarkozy. He's a vile individual with a Napoleonic complex.

Fortunately he is on course to being kicked out of office at the next French election.

I'm not sure who is worse, Sarkozy or Chirac.

I still remember the time in 2005, just a few days before the decision on which city will host the 2012 Olympics was made, when Chirac was overheard telling Putin and Schroeder that only Finnish food is worse than British food.

A few days later London narrowly beat Paris in the final round of IOC voting. It is believed that the Finnish delegates all voted for London because of Chirac's comments and that it was their votes which gave London the 2012 Games.

insulting british cuisine , straight to the haig to stand trial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Batsy wrote: »

Daily Mail? lol

insulting british cuisine , straight to the haig to stand trial

So long as the French have to go to the haig as well,for selling cars whose parts can be bought in a supermarket!:pac:

Sorry Mods i did not realise My Mic was still open!:)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

maybe,
    beggared belief

AIPAC cardboard cut-outs showing Obama who's boss, wow! That address was arranged after Obama made a speech supporting a peaceful ME solution under the 67 borders a couple of days previous.

Here is the real Netanyahu, boasting of manipulating the US.
    "America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction. They won't get in their way."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Force136

I see that my Irish friends on here didn't create threads for the other times Sarkozy has bad mouthed leaders. Including Merkel for being fat.

Only for the Israeli leader of course.

Still whilst the pot-smoking, liberal hippy was chillin, Bibi was only saving some hostages from Entebbe.

2eevg2q.jpg

So long as the French have to go to the haig as well,for selling cars whose parts can be bought in a supermarket!:pac:

Sorry Mods i did not realise My Mic was still open!:)

id make a comeback about british cars were it not for the fact that the british no longer have a motor industry :pac:

Force136 wrote: »
    Still whilst the pot-smoking, liberal hippy was chillin, Bibi was only saving some hostages from Entebbe

Netanyahu nowhere near Entebbe. He was involved in another hijacking rescue mission some years eariler but at the time of Entebbe, where his famous brother was killed, he was studying in the US.

Your insinuation in another thread that the Irish Times was tilted also happens to be wrong. They report fairly from the Middle East and give both sides of any debate plenty of space in articles, the Op-Ed section and the Letters section.

id make a comeback about british cars were it not for the fact that the british no longer have a motor industry :pac:

Surely this just embarrassing saddo Paddy-Begrudgery? They (Britain) still have a substantial industry of motor design, production and R&D.

What did we (a country with very little domestic manufacturing) ever have in the motor industry?

• Advertisement

JustinDee wrote: »
    Netanyahu nowhere near Entebbe. He was involved in another hijacking rescue mission some years eariler but at the time of Entebbe, where his famous brother was killed, he was studying in the US.

Your insinuation in another thread that the Irish Times was tilted also happens to be wrong. They report fairly from the Middle East and give both sides of any debate plenty of space in articles, the Op-Ed section and the Letters section.

You're right, I got the wrong raid - the point still stands however.

I don't know what you lot read over there, but whatever it is - it must be something quite extreme to have made the Irish so obsessed with Israel.

Whilst your economy was going through the floor, your 'people' were still pre-occupied with ways to boycott Israel.

Just as as aside - Israel economy growing by 5%, new Intel chips designed in Israel. Time to boycott Intel.

Have fun with AMD lads.

You're right, I got the wrong raid - the point still stands however.
    I don't know what you lot read over there, but whatever it is - it must be something quite extreme to have made the Irish so obsessed with Israel.

Whilst your economy was going through the floor, your 'people' were still pre-occupied with ways to boycott Israel.
    Just as as aside - Israel economy growing by 5%, new Intel chips designed in Israel. Time to boycott Intel.

Have fun with AMD lads.

Do yourself a favour and quit generalising/jumping the gun. Try reading what people post on the subject before pigeon-holing them.

For all you know, I might have lived in Israel previously, might be fluent in Hebrew and Arabic, and during an intifada, might have done three years national service with two more on top before moving on elsewhere.

I'll even bet that you're not even in Israel.

For all you know, I might have lived in Israel previously, might be fluent in Hebrew and Arabic, and during an intifada, might have done three years national service with two more on top before moving on elsewhere.
    Yeah, I'm going to go with a negative on that.

If there isn't some sort of obsessive-compulsive disorder with regards to the Irish and Israel, could you tell me which country is singled out for most debate on this forum, bar Ireland? (that means 'except' Ireland. I wasn't asking for you to recommend a drinking establishment in Ireland)

Every time some boat sails, some new boycott is concocted, some anti-Israel movement is taking place - guaranteed the Irish are in it up to their necks.

Yeah, I'm going to go with a negative on that.

If there isn't some sort of obsessive-compulsive disorder with regards to the Irish and Israel, could you tell me which country is singled out for most debate on this forum, bar Ireland? (that means 'except' Ireland. I wasn't asking for you to recommend a drinking establishment in Ireland)

Every time some boat sails, some new boycott is concocted, some anti-Israel movement is taking place - guaranteed the Irish are in it up to their necks.

So tell us Force136 are going to change that perception/preoccupation you feel Irish people have with Israel? I do not see it myself, other than just healthy questioning of its policies and actions. I frequently question the US actions as well, does not make me anti anti American. There is good and bad in every nation.

So tell us Force136 are going to change that perception/preoccupation you feel Irish people have with Israel?
    Never. That's why I detest Ireland and boycott it. I'm allowed to say that, right? because you guys say it about Israel so I'm sure there's no double standards here.

Luckily for me, you guys don't produce as much as Israel does - so boycotting Ireland is easier than boycotting Israel. I'd hate to be stuck with just AMD chips and not being able to use half the world's mobile phones.

My problem with the Irish, is that given their historic anti-Semitism handed down by the Church and their hospitable welcome to Nazi war criminals - that their anti-Israel fever is all the more sinister.

If we take the Irish at face value and believe them when they say they're just supporting oppressed people - then I would expect to see them doing this in other places.

But not Irish ship will sail to Syria. No Irish ship will sail to Iran to help the oppressed Baha'i. No Irish ship will sail ANYWHERE bar Israel.

The truth hurts, because deep down you know the reason why your nation has an Israel obsession.

Never. That's why I detest Ireland and boycott it. I'm allowed to say that, right? because you guys say it about Israel so I'm sure there's no double standards here.

Luckily for me, you guys don't produce as much as Israel does - so boycotting Ireland is easier than boycotting Israel. I'd hate to be stuck with just AMD chips and not being able to use half the world's mobile phones.

My problem with the Irish, is that given their historic anti-Semitism handed down by the Church and their hospitable welcome to Nazi war criminals - that their anti-Israel fever is all the more sinister.

If we take the Irish at face value and believe them when they say they're just supporting oppressed people - then I would expect to see them doing this in other places.

But not Irish ship will sail to Syria. No Irish ship will sail to Iran to help the oppressed Baha'i. No Irish ship will sail ANYWHERE bar Israel.

The truth hurts, because deep down you know the reason why your nation has an Israel obsession.

I am sorry you feel that way. You are painting all the Irish in the same light and I do not agree with your summation. You have to accept criticism, whether you like it or not as a nation and not take it too personally. I outlined to you last night why I think there is some antagonism towards Israel by the Irish last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Arfan

Arfan136 wrote: »
    Never. That's why I detest Earth and boycott it. I'm allowed to say that, right? because you guys say it about Mars so I'm sure there's no double standards here.

Luckily for me, you guys don't produce as much as Mars does - so boycotting Earth is easier than boycotting Mars. I'd hate to be stuck with just iridium chips and not being able to use half the world's telepathic matrix.

My problem with the Earthlings, is that given their historic anti-Martianism handed down by the UN and their hospitable welcome to Venusian war criminals - that their anti-Mars fever is all the more sinister.

If we take the Earhlings at face value and believe them when they say they're just supporting oppressed people - then I would expect to see them doing this in other places.

But no Earthling ship will sail to Mercury. No Earthling ship will sail to Titan to help the oppressed Scredlux. No Earthling ship will sail ANYWHERE bar Mars.

The truth hurts, because deep down you know the reason why your nation has a Mars obsession.

I am Arfan and I support Martian rights.

Yeah, I'm going to go with a negative on that
    Of course you are. It doesn't suit your posts. Do bear in mind from time to time however that you may well be in a virtual conversation with someone of that exact background.
    Where did you do your service? What years?
    I don't think you'll tell truths on this as I don't think you are Israeli or have lived there.
    You'll find both sides of the argument in this forum and if you actually bothered your keyster reading who posts what, you'll find that your generalisations are very misguided.
    Again with the generalising. Not very clever. Don't paint an entire nation with the one brush. Thats what raises your heckles in the first place yet you take umbrage when others do the same.

Of course you are. It doesn't suit your posts. Do bear in mind from time to time however that you may well be in a virtual conversation with someone of that exact background.
    Where did you do your service? What years?
    I don't think you'll tell truths on this as I don't think you are Israeli or have lived there.

I'm British, and if you were an Israeli - (the proper kind, not some limp-wristed left wing, self-hater) you'd make it your personal mission to boycott Ireland for the rest of your life.

After the terrorism against my country, I certainly did.

You'll find both sides of the argument in this forum and if you actually bothered your keyster reading who posts what, you'll find that your generalisations are very misguided.
    Yeah? I went back about 15 pages on here to see a plethora of anti-Israel threads. Can you give me a list of the positive ones posted by Irish folk?
    Again with the generalising. Not very clever. Don't paint an entire nation with the one brush. Thats what raises your heckles in the first place yet you take umbrage when others do the same.
    If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Sorry, the actions of the Irish historically and currently show a predisposition towards anti-semitism which now has an alibi called 'Israel'.

I'm British, and if you were an Israeli - (the proper kind, not some limp-wristed left wing, self-hater) you'd make it your personal mission to boycott Ireland for the rest of your life
    As I thought. Not an Israeli or even close to an Israeli. And I might add that you've a neck lecturing others who would have far more experience of Israel and have risked their lives for the place.
    After the terrorism against my country, I certainly did
    You haven't done very well. This is in essence an 'Irish' internet forum. Look up the origin of the word 'Boycott' while you're at it. It belies some of your monocular tippage.
    Yeah? I went back about 15 pages on here to see a plethora of anti-Israel threads. Can you give me a list of the positive ones posted by Irish folk?
    If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
    Where do you see in my posts, for example, anti-Israeli rhetoric or quotes? There are many others too who take a step back and avoid pro-agendaic preconceived not-for-the-turning bilge.
    Sorry, the actions of the Irish historically and currently show a predisposition towards anti-semitism which now has an alibi called 'Israel'.
    Stop generalising.

• Advertisement
Advertisement