If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap 32" LCD

Options
  • 08-11-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi John/Kenny/Ash

Looking for a cheap 32" LCD around the €250 mark delivered for my sister. Power City cheapest price is €299 for Samsung/Toshiba. Will be used for UPC analogue connection, DVD and Apple TV (whatever that is!!!!!).

Lower spec UK TV would be grand as long as its a decent picture and brand.

Any bargains knocking around would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Piaget

I'd say have a chat with Dave in Richer,they have Samsung and LG TV's for around £250 (Sterling) price point in the 32" screen size.

Our Philips 32" TV's start a little higher up the price range.
    Have a look here for the 32PFL3406H
    Analogue in from UPC no worries - RF input ion TV
    DVD Player - SCART (or HDMI depending on player)
    Apple TV - HDMI on TV

I hope this helps a little and i'm sure the Richer guys will be able to look after you:)

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

The cheapest one that we would have is the LG 32LK330 which is £239.95 and delivery would be £12.99.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/32lk330u/lg-32lk330

This would come in at around 300 Euro including delivery.

The only other models that I know of that are cheaper would tend to be the supermarket brands, but the quality wouldn't be the same.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Hi there.

The cheapest one that we would have is the LG 32LK330 which is £239.95 and delivery would be £12.99.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/32lk330u/lg-32lk330

This would come in at around 300 Euro including delivery.

The only other models that I know of that are cheaper would tend to be the supermarket brands, but the quality wouldn't be the same.

Many thanks

Dave

Sorry for barging in on this thread

I just priced that LG in <SNIP> :eek:

Yours is a great price ... if I don't go with the Toshiba 32AV833 for <SNIP>, I may also take you up on this with delivery to Celbridge. Have you many in stock ?

Oh, and am I right in saying both models can play AVI's via a USB port ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@RayCon,

I've snipped sections of your post above which had reference to other retailers.

Please take a moment to read the Charter here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744, particularly the part that says:
    Please note that this forum is for interraction with Richersounds. References to other retailers are not appropriate here, other than if you're directly and genuinely asking for a price-match from Richersounds.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

^ apologies - wasn't aware of the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

Hi,
    Hope you don't mind me jumping into this thread as well.

Long story short, my father recently retired. It took us about 2 years to convince him to upgrade to digital TV (UPC, not HD). We (family) were thinking of buying him a new TV to take advantage of the digital signal and 32" is about the right size for his room. Our budget is around €300. He mostly watches Eastenders, Corrie etc.

He's a bit of a technophobe...And I don't really understand TV's either.

Hope you don't mind these silly questions:
    1. Is the remote control easy to use? (this question is important)
    2. Does it come with a nice stand? Or can you suggest one?
    3. Are there enough connections for a UPC box (Scart), DVD player, and a VCR? (I've read the specs and there's only 1 scart socket?)
    4. Is it future-proofed for, say, 10 years for a retired man who watches Eastenders etc? (it's 'HD ready' but not '1080p'). 10 years is a random number - hopefully he'll last a bit longer than that :D

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Dubwat

Quickie question first - Which TV are you referring to0, the Philips or the LG??:o

If the philips, i'll answer below....

1) Yes the remote and just as importantly the TV's menu system is easy to navigate around - I can demo this instore for you

2) The TV comes with a pedestal type stand that screws in securely to the Tv and will let you place the TV on some form of Tv stand or cabinet etc

3) The 32PFL3406 has 2x HDMI, 1x SCART, 1x VGA and 1 x Component inputs
    So try this way of connecting it up
    UPC -> to SCART
    DVD -> to HDMI 1 (if the player has HDMI output)
    VCR -> to RF input and tune it into channel 0

4) Nothing is future proofed for 10 years! especially the world of consumer electronics:eek: This Tv sits at the entry to the Philips range of Televisions - as you move up the range you get Full HD, Internet access, 3D, more connections, better image processing, better refresh rates and response times etc etc
    My Crystal Ball has a hard time seeing 6 months into the future - it just goes cloudy after that!

If all you want is a good quality TV fed from a standard def Digital Tv service than it will certainly do the job.
    We have other options that are better suited to say Action films or the TV Sports addicts. Not to mention those with a full on gaming habit or the Blu-ray/HD fanatic.

The 32PFL3406H will happily deal with a diet of Eastenders and similar programs no worries:)

Hope thats helps a little
    We have it on display if you'd like to check it out in the flesh.

Atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

@Ash - thanks for the reply.

It was the LG 32LK330 I was asking about - sorry for the confusion. You're right though, popping into the shop is probably the best option.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.