Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GrapplePalooza 2012- Projected Dates

• 08-11-2011 11:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

due to the phenomenal goodwill and reception that Grapplepalooza received this year, I am putting plans into action for 2 nogi tournaments in 2012.

Grapplepalooza will take place in Spring (~April) and Autumn (~September) next year, with exact dates to follow pending agreement with the IBJJA.

The Spring tournament will be a daytime only event, and we will be pushing for 200 competitors from Ireland and Europe. The Autumn event will be daytime plus the evening Elite tournament.

I'll keep everyone posted, I just thought you'd all appreciate being able to pencil this into your calendars.

Barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

Grapplepallooza was great barry. would be great if you put it on again. Think people would seriously need to get the act together and make it to the night time comp next time round, cause they missed out big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Bloody great events last time around. Can't wait for this time around!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Sounds great Barry, should be great fun. No Gi is definitely on the increase here and it's awesome to see :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

crosdad wrote: »
    Grapplepallooza was great barry. would be great if you put it on again. Think people would seriously need to get the act together and make it to the night time comp next time round, cause they missed out big time.
    I think a lot more people will be at the next one based on the reaction from the last one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭slammer187

Can't wait for this! Do you think you'll be putting on anymore gi competitions after the next one?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Mate I don't know what I'll be doing tomorrow. Looking to next September made my nose bleed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I will attend on the condition the dj brings the same album with the reggae covers of nirvana :)
    great to hear you're doin it again Barry though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arte suave

It's great to have 2 more high level comps to add to the schedule next year. The first Grapplepalooza was very professionally run and we will have a team from Ennis up to any comp you run in the future Barry, gi or no gi. Thanks for taking the interest to run these comps. We are not too far away from having 1 'must go to' comp every month in this country and that's what we need to start producing European and World Champions. Keep up the good work, a lot of us really appreciate it :)
    John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

nice one barry, there was talk of another irish cup in march and the munster open again early summer could make for a very good competition scene next year

Advertisement