Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half price Celebrations carton in SuperValu

Options
  • 08-11-2011 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

5000159420181_1.JPG Celebrations Large Carton (420 Grams)
    €7.43 per kg €3.12
    Half Price
    Was €5.00, Now €3.12, Save €1.88
    Offer valid from 06.11.11 to 12.11.11

Find the error in the pic and you could win your weight worth of cat food :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Nanzolie - is this meant to be a Bargain Alert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is this something to do with the calculations of weight & price being all over the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,418 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ah, well stayin the the Celebrations theme....

Tesco (and oothers) have been selling the tins (well they are plastic now) for 6e.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Tadaaaaa! well spotted. I thought it was obvious
    Anyway, was in Supervalu and thought of mentioning it to the customer service, except there was no carton of Celebrations in sight. Nor was there a customer service clerk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

TBH I looked at "Was €5.00, Now €3.12, Save €1.88" so when that all added up, I didn't go any further. The "Half price" thing didn't catch my eye at all, as I went straight to the figures.

From the NCA website
    I was shopping in my local supermarket yesterday and there was no price displayed for some products. Is this legal?

In general, retailers must display the selling price of every item offered for sale. More specifically, the European Communities (Requirements to Indicate Product Prices) Regulations 2002 requires that all products on sale to consumers must show a selling price in euro and a large number of products that are sold by weight or volume must show a unit price by reference to the metric measure. A price indication should be either on the product itself or on the shelf edge label.
    By law, traders are obliged to display the selling price in euro and in certain circumstances the unit price (the price per kilogram) for all products offered for sale to consumers.

If you are concerned that a retailer is not adhering to the law in this area, please contact the National Consumer Agency.

Register a complaint with SuperValu, stating that you feel its misleading, but in fairness, even though it's a mistake, they are still displaying a final price (with a matching price/kg). It's up to you if you want to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Nanazolie wrote: »
    Anyway, was in Supervalu and thought of mentioning it to the customer service, except there was no carton of Celebrations in sight. Nor was there a customer service clerk.

I hope that Melendez is not going to be done out his/her weight in cat food that you mentioned, or this thread might get transferred to the Legal Discussion forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,418 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Nanazolie wrote: »

So...its the opposite of a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

dudara wrote: »
    TBH I looked at "Was €5.00, Now €3.12, Save €1.88" so when that all added up, I didn't go any further. The "Half price" thing didn't catch my eye at all, as I went straight to the figures.

From the NCA website

Register a complaint with SuperValu, stating that you feel its misleading, but in fairness, even though it's a mistake, they are still displaying a final price (with a matching price/kg). It's up to you if you want to pay it.

Ah no, I won't bother. I just thought it was a funny one, and meant to mention it to their customer service so they could correct it on the website before anyone starts giving out. I find these little mistakes amusing. My favorite are the ones that say "Special offer - was 3.99 now 3.99" on a big yellow sticker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vinnyirl

I believe its a mistake and it is half price. It is half price off the list price (RRP for supplier) but SuperValu was selling it a €5 which is €1.24 lower than the RRP.

They should probably put RRP €6.24 on it somewhere. This does happen semi frequently, Musgraves gets a good deal on a product and passes the saving on then the supplier sets a special offer of half price offering a rebate on each item sold (they never rebate for the total cost of the offer btw) It goes into the system and gets jumbled because of the new lower price that was already set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 vinnyirl

X

Advertisement