Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 extra points for higher level maths- Old course

• 08-11-2011 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi guys,

I did my leaving cert last year and I was 10 points off my first choice. I was extremely disappointed and even after rechecks, I could not get the 10 points up to my first choice. I took my second choice as repeating didn't appeal to me and now someone mentioned to me that I might be able to use my higher level maths from last year to gain 25 extra points if I reapplied to the CAO. Does anybody know if the new bonus points can be used on the old course or is it just the new project maths course?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

As far as I know the points do actually apply to people who did the old course, since the points are for doing HL maths, not for project maths. I have no proof or anything but I think I read it in this forum somewhere. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

i think you can, i know a fella who got 515 but when he goes to college next year he has 540 so you must be able to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

From the horse's mouth:

http://www2.cao.ie/schools_corr/sep_2011/BonusPointsMathsWithExamples.pdf

That should explain it all.

Advertisement