Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile bill pay porting old number problem

Options
  • 08-11-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

I signed up for eMobile billpay couple weeks ago, phone arrived last Friday, I rang eMobile saying I wanted to keep my old 087 number. Which they said was no problem.

So I had the temporary 085 number for a couple of days until my old number "ported", so on Sunday my 087 number was restored.

So I thought.

Last night, while in the middle of a text conversation, I texted back, but the text was received from the 085 number, but when I rang, it came up as my 087 number.

Since then, when I texted, it came up as the 085 number.

I can't have 2 numbers on the one phone, anybody have any idea why this is happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Col200sx wrote: »
    I signed up for eMobile billpay couple weeks ago, phone arrived last Friday, I rang eMobile saying I wanted to keep my old 087 number. Which they said was no problem.

So I had the temporary 085 number for a couple of days until my old number "ported", so on Sunday my 087 number was restored.

So I thought.

Last night, while in the middle of a text conversation, I texted back, but the text was received from the 085 number, but when I rang, it came up as my 087 number.

I can't have 2 numbers on the one phone, anybody have any idea why this is happening?

As far as I know this is NOT possible, the SIM should only represent 1 number at a time unless it flip flopped i.e. went back to 085 pre-text and then over to 087 pre-call. What number is it representing now?. Was the 087 truly ported before you sent the text?.

If you call the 087 number from another phone does the phone ring?.

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

So I thought.

Hi Col200sx
    Can you DM me your details including number and pin and I can chase this for you.
    Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Make sure you dont end up with 2 accounts and 2 direct debits, 1 for 085 and 1 for 087 afterwards. emobile is a real customer care shambles right now as they slowly try to get their new call centres in Limerick and Cork up to speed.

Hi Col200sx
    Can you DM me your details including number and pin and I can chase this for you.
    Tony

Hi Tony and Col.....

I've just been made aware that I have the same problem!!!. Some texts arriving from the 085 number and some from my 087 (which is the no. I ported across). I'll DM you the number now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dotty

I am also having trouble with my no porting over from 02 to emobile, my number was disconnected first thing Monday morning and it still hasnt been reconnected..can anyone help me?

• Advertisement

Did yee figure this one out lads?. V strange that some texts were being received showing the 085 number and not the number we have ported across?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I did as was asked above, and I think my porting problem has been sorted.

So far anybody since I've contacted has been from my old 087 number which I wanted :)

I did as was asked above, and I think my porting problem has been sorted.

So far anybody since I've contacted has been from my old 087 number which I wanted :)

Cool, did you get any reply to your DM to them?. I did not. I will monitor it to see what number is being presented at the B end with texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Cool, did you get any reply to your DM to them?. I did not. I will monitor it to see what number is being presented at the B end with texts.

They did responed to my pm, yes. And fair play to them, they seemed to have sorted out the problem pretty quickly.

Any call or text I've sent since has been from my correct phone number.

They did responed to my pm, yes. And fair play to them, they seemed to have sorted out the problem pretty quickly.

Any call or text I've sent since has been from my correct phone number.

Great fair play to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement