Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lite-On DG16D2S Drive (Xbox 360)

Options
  • 08-11-2011 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

I've an Elite here with the above drive, fully stock as its an XBL console. The drive developed the 'Open Tray' error & isn't booting games.

I cleaned the lens, & then proceeded to tweak the pot with a certain degree of success. It now flashes up 'Play DVD' for an instant before booting the game disc...& at that point it will only get as far as the 360 splash screen.

I presume the drive lens/diode is out of commission at this stage, even going as low as 3.2/3.1 on the pot yielded no difference.

I'd rather swap the logic board onto a donor drive at this point, as its for a friend of mine and I don't want any hassle with LIVE. Any ideas the best places to pick up a donor drive, & anything else to try?

Cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

€16 from Ebay from this seller. I bought a board off him three weeks ago, arrived last week and working perfectly. I've got another one from him on the way.

If you need something with quicker turnaround than HK postage I'll happily give you the PCB I have here for the cost of a new one and I'll just order another one from him myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

€16 from Ebay from this seller. I bought a board off him three weeks ago, arrived last week and working perfectly. I've got another one from him on the way.

If you need something with quicker turnaround than HK postage I'll happily give you the PCB I have here for the cost of a new one and I'll just order another one from him myself :)

Cheers TV...but I reckon the pcb I have here is fine...it's the drive & laser assembly I'd need isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Oh yeah, completely misread that one. I've got two drives here with spare lasers/assemblies, you're welcome to try them to see if that fixes your issue anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Oh yeah, completely misread that one. I've got two drives here with spare lasers/assemblies, you're welcome to try them to see if that fixes your issue anyway.

Your a gent TV, taking to pm.

Advertisement