Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Buran today

Options
  • 08-11-2011 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

I reguarly visit a site called englishrussia.com and it occasionally has a piece on where the old russian space shuttles are. I thought they would be of interest here.

http://englishrussia.com/tag/buran/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I saw an article online somewhere that showed the storage building that the Buran was stored in collapsed and the roof fell in on top of the Buran. The photo showed significant damage to the Buran - so much so that the plan to have it on display was shelved and the remain was torn up for scrap.
    A sad end to an exciting space transport system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

stoneill wrote: »
    I saw an article online somewhere that showed the storage building that the Buran was stored in collapsed and the roof fell in on top of the Buran. The photo showed significant damage to the Buran - so much so that the plan to have it on display was shelved and the remain was torn up for scrap.
    A sad end to an exciting space transport system.

Collapsed years ago. Maybe 2003 or so.

The 2nd shuttle, Ptichka still exists and is 97% complete. 3% more work, build another Energia and it could be launched.

Advertisement