Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

occupation for at least 12 of the last 24 months?

Options
  • 08-11-2011 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi guys,i am looking to get a 175 visa for australia,but i have a question on the imma website it says about did i have occupation for at least 12 of the last 24 months.as i live in ireland the country is in very bad recession and it is impossible to try to get a plumbing job,as a result of that i didnt work 12 of the last 24 months only small jobs inmy local area,my question is does this accect my trying to get a 175 visa?any info would be great guys and thanks again;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

iam not 100% sure
    but afaik it dosn't really matter unless you need relevant experience to make up points, once you get your skills assessed by vetassess or tra.
    if your are looking to get extra points by having relevant work experience then you need 36mths relevant work experience at your profession out of the last 48mths prior to lodging your visa application to qualify for the extra points.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Thank you sponge bob,i was worried that i couldnt apply because of this,the 175 visa looks great but the processing time seems to take a long time(12 months is this correct)and i was just wondering does a 176 visa be processed much quicker and is the 176 visa the same price as a 175 around 2100 euro,thanks again:D

i have just seen that the cost of applying for the 175 or 176 visa has gone from $2500aus to $2960aus
    seems 12mths is about the go of things

sponge_bob wrote: »
    iam not 100% sure
    but afaik it dosn't really matter unless you need relevant experience to make up points, once you get your skills assessed by vetassess or tra.
    if your are looking to get extra points by having relevant work experience then you need 36mths relevant work experience at your profession out of the last 48mths prior to lodging your visa application to qualify for the extra points.

seems i have given you wrong info there. you do need 12mths experience in the 24mths leading up to the application.
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/175/eligibility-work-experience-study.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Ah crap,guess that it for me getting a 175 or 176 visa:(:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement