If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Radio

Options
  • 08-11-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,
    A friend asked me to recommend an Internet Radio but I'm pretty clueless on the subject.

Have you any recommendations/prices etc. I've heard they can be a bit fiddly so a decent interface would be good. Also, the ability to play files off a USB stick would be nice.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Garvm

I will shortly be seeing the new Philips NP3300 Internet Radio.
    this is a brand new line that will be launched very soon.
    np3300_12__fv_.jpg

This ia a compact table to Internet radio that can access the internet radoo stations via your router (either WIRELESSLY or WIRED
    You can stream music from a PC/MAC to uit as well
    It has speakers built into it and has a pretty esay to read LCD display.
    This unit also has a 3.5mm jack so you can plug other audio devices into it.
    It doesnt have a USB input however

See here for full spec

This unit will sell for €149.99

We will also see the NP3700 Internet Radio around the same time.
    np3700_12__fv_.jpg
    This unit is a little more powerful at 5 watts per channel
    It also has a larger LCD touch screen to navigate arount the unit.
    You can control this from your iphone if you wish as well.
    Once again it doesnt have a USB input however.
    But you can stream music from your PC/MAC

See here for spec sheet

This will sell for €229.99 when it lands into us

I'll post up once I see them and I'll happily demo them for you and i'm sure i'll be able to do a Boardies Special Price for you as well

hope this helps a litttle!
    atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭garvm

Cheers for the quick reply Ash. Will pass the details on and get back to you if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

Hi, i'm also looking at getting an internet radio. But my price range is a bit lower. I've seen some in other places for €130. Would you guys have anything else around that price range?

By basic requirements are a compact radio that will fit on a bed-side locker and can stream live feed from stations like BBC Radio4 from my UPC WiFi router. Not too bothered about DAB/FM/USB/ipodDocks etc, but they are a bonus if the price is right.

Hi Donaghs

We currently dont have any dedicated internet radios at the moment - just awaiting the launch of the two units noted above.

The NP3300 is not a million miles away from your price point.
    I'm sure we could do some deal for you to get nearer to that.

I'll postup when they are in stock

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 10 apollo mc g

Hi guys,

So glad I came across this thread, I have to buy an Internet radio for my sister for Christmas and really struggling to find something that i like and from a recognised brand!

Can you please keep me in the loop on the 2 above?

Thanks Nicola

• Advertisement

Ash sorry meant to ask what's the expected release date for these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Apollo.

We have an internet radio which is the Monitor Audio airstream.

This is a great radio and really competitively priced.

This has wifi on board and sounds great. It also has a line input so the speaker can be used with any other audio source.

https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1204&Results=true&keys=airstream

Delivery would be £12.99.

Review here : http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/radio-tuners/monitor-audio-airstream-10-636692/review

Let me know if this fits the bill.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Folks

I expect to see the new Philips internet radios in next week.

I'll post up here straight away once I have them

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

I see on the UK website you have 'PURE' EVOKE flow for £79:eek:..In fairness that is some piece of kit for that money. Can you offer that to those of us who don't live on the 'mainland' . What would the price be including postage.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

a clanger wrote: »
    I see on the UK website you have 'PURE' EVOKE flow for £79:eek:..In fairness that is some piece of kit for that money. Can you offer that to those of us who don't live on the 'mainland' . What would the price be including postage.

Clanger,

thanks for the post - we are currently out of stock of the graded Evoke Flow and I'm not expecting any stock until at the earliest the end of next week - it's an in-store only model as well so unfortunately we don't ship it - it's available for personal callers only....

...however unless you are raving bonkers - I would go for the Monitor Audio Airstream at £99.95 - now the £99.95 version is the web/FM radio version and there is another version at £129.95 which includes DAB - however the £99.95 version is just MEGA VALUE - I have 3 of them now scattered across the house and every time someone comes to stay, they buy one... as well as looking beautiful, they just sound amazing! ( I mean really amazing) and they are a complete doddle to use.

To be honest - especially if you are looking for a special Christmas pressie - I really wouldn't hesitate in buying an Airstream, especially in white, as they really are a beautiful thing!

I'll do shipping on the Airstreams at just £9.95 for Boardies BTW..

Thanks again for the posts and keep me posted if we can assist in any way

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/airstream/
    John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

<Snip>

cranks wrote: »
    <SNIP>

Cranks,

Thanks for the info - this is The Philips Shop and Richer Sounds Forum - if you would like to post this in the main bargain alerts fire ahead!

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Dear John

While I can recognise the merits of the airstream from a technical point of view ...and how can I put this gently ...I feckin' hate the look it ....No No No..I want a radio to look like a radio..Now I can understand why some might love it but I'm after a more traditional looking 'radio'. i.e Roberts/Pure...I've gotta be honest ..the philips are a little on the funky side as well!. ;)

a clanger wrote: »
    Dear John

While I can recognise the merits of the airstream from a technical point of view ...and how can I put this gently ...I feckin' hate the look it ....No No No..I want a radio to look like a radio..Now I can understand why some might love it but I'm after a more traditional looking 'radio'. i.e Roberts/Pure...I've gotta be honest ..the philips are a little on the funky side as well!. ;)

...ah there you go, sure I was always the one that loved the sick puppy....

Keep me posted,

atvb,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 29 thomasoreilly

Hi,

Any update on when this will be coming in?
    I presume it will be available to listen to in the Philips store Dublin?

Also can you confirm it comes with a licensed copy of Twonky?

Hi Ash,

Any update on when the Philips NP3300 Internet Radio will be in - really need to get my hands on it before Christmas!

Thanks

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Apollo,

I'm afraid I don't have a release date for these as of yet. If you'd like to PM me your contact details I can place one down for you on order and I'll let you know as soon as we have an ETA for these.

Thanks a mil, Nicola. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.