Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melbourne boards beers? - Saturday November 19th(?)

Options
  • 08-11-2011 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys and gals.

Arrived last week in Melbourne with my friend. Really like it so far (it would appear that I brought the good weather with me from Vietnam!).

As our social circle is a bit on the small side (!) I was just wondering if anyone fancied meeting up for a few?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

I'd be in for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Yumee

Myself and my friend would be up for this too. Actually one of the lads is heading back to ireland next week for xmas so we'l prob head out to give him a send off. Not sure where yet but ill keep ye posted anyway.. Could end up being anywhere from pj obriens to brunswick!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

OP when are you having this - I can change the heading for you if like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

We had one of these back in March and we have developed a good crew from it. It's a good idea, and I'd be up for it.

One bit of advice though. Just pick a date and stick with it. Whoever can come will come, whoever cant cant. No point in trying to suit everybody (people you have never met!). If you do that, then nothing will ever happen.

I wont be back in Melbourne for 3 weeks, so if I miss it so be it. I can come to the following one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Seeing as summer is upon us anyone fancy having it during the day. afternoon drinks like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Arriving on Saturday so might be too late for this but would love to join a meet up if one is happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

When and where OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

albert park, football/frisbee/beers/name tags ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

i'm interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hey I am interested, bringing a ball and beers to Albert Park could be a great idea!

Otherwise how about a pub meet up in either Chapel St area, St Kilda or CBD?

The Windsor Castle near Windsor Station is a good pub for arvo drinks, that's my suggestion :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Hi All, I'm up for this aswel, Any dates decided yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

lima wrote: »
    Hey I am interested, bringing a ball and beers to Albert Park could be a great idea!

Otherwise how about a pub meet up in either Chapel St area, St Kilda or CBD?

The Windsor Castle near Windsor Station is a good pub for arvo drinks, that's my suggestion :-)

Are you allowed to drink in Albert Park? This is a great idea if you are.

Nobody is going to arrest you for having a couple of bottles of beer in the sunshine with friends, albeit internet friends ! :D

My worry is that I will arrive and Zambia/Hussey will have the Tram Police in a phalanx formation. :D

Saturday is a nice day weather wise. I play soccer every Saturday in Albert Park in a pick-up game at midday. Great for meeting people and staying in shape.....well in a shape .........Rotund is a shape !

• Registered Users Posts: 20 geminiii

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been on. Internet issues! Well that's cool that people are interested. We are staying in St. Kilda so how about next saturday or Sunday afternoon in Albert park? Maybe about 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

I would be interested, week days would suit me better and I like the idea of doing some sort of activity out in the sun with a few beers rather then just hitting a pub but I will keep an eye on this thread to find out whats organised

Just checked the weather there and its to be awful on Sunday so maybe Saturday...?! Any evening next week suits us at this point except for Wednesday - my friend is 30 so we are going to do some celebrating!

just realised that she's gonna kill me for giving her age away!! :):D

Depends Dave ...have you paid that fine yet??:rolleyes:

Well guys? When suits?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Saturday or Sunday is probably best, or evening mid week as I imagine a few people are working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Princess_N wrote: »
    Saturday or Sunday is probably best, or evening mid week as I imagine a few people are working?

Saturday or Sunday is grand for me too

Princess_N wrote: »

Ok how about Albert park, Saturday November 19th at 2pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod title edited as possible date to make it clear. If date changes I can change it

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Just arrive yesterday, I'm in!

I'll stakeout the place at 2.10pm and see if you guys look normal first ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Not 100% I can make it but if I do Albert Park is a big place where abouts are we talking here?

If I could make a sujestion... There is a bbq site just next to the lake past the pit lanes. There is space for a kick around or game of frisbee and we can have a BBQ too.

Map

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gnilhsa

OOOhhhh!! We want in!! We've been here 2months now an haven't really met many people, we live out Ferntree Gully so we'll try and take the spin in! :D

Would be nice to meet up with fellow Melboardians ! :o

gnilhsa wrote: »
    OOOhhhh!! We want in!! We've been here 2months now an haven't really met many people, we live out Ferntree Gully so we'll try and take the spin in! :D
    Ferntree Gully .... Last time I drove in there all I could hear was the soundtrack to deliverance.

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

I'm really sorry but there has been a change of plan and I'm now leaving Melbourne on Friday. Looks like I won't be back til after Christmas...

I'm raging I'm going to miss it. Sorry for messing yis around!

I would definitely be on for organising one in January as I would love to meet some people here.

Have a great time if you do meet up!

Advertisement