Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No links in new user's post?

Options
  • 08-11-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

This post (also see screenshot below) has links to Facebook and Youtube in it but they aren't being linked to. I edited one of their posts to add the links myself and it worked fine. I'm just wondering if this is actually a bug or just an anti-spam measure?

post_no_links.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

It is possible to disable link parsing in posts by unchecking the box for the option 'Automatically parse links in text' under Miscellaneous Options.

There are no limits for enabling parsing of links in posts, so it's not an anti-spam thing. It's also checked by default for our test users with 0 posts so that wasn't it either :)

I suspect the poster unchecked the box

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I suspect the poster unchecked the box
    That sounds like the most likely explanation alright. Thanks for the clarification.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement