Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build

Options
  • 08-11-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Would anyone like to build me a new PC? I am not sure exactly what i need as the PC will be used for just about everything. At the momnet i am in the process of backing up all my music on CD to HDD. I also rar and unrar alot of so the faster the better. Next year i want to stick in a BGT3540 and use it as a HTPC.

What i have:

Keyboard,
    Mouse,
    21.5" Dell Touch screen monitor + 40 LED TV
    ANTEC lanboy case 350W (i'd like to keep the case but replace the power supply if needed)
    Windows 7 64bit

What i'd like:

8gigs of RAM
    SSD drive for OS
    USB 3.0 support
    Processor - not sure
    Motherboard - not sure
    2 x 1.5TB drives
    Graphics card - 1gig?>- I do the odd bit of gaming however it wouldn't need to be BF3 ready.

My budget is around €600/700 (including/not including the 2 x 1.5tb drives) i'll add them in myself after christmas but would like recommendations of which ones to go for and i can pay through any method.
    Thanks

Comments

Advertisement