Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Turtyturd wrote: »
    despite security saying they wouldn't be able to do it due to time constraints.
    AhmadKh7 wrote: »
    I hate how the security didn't let us take pictures with Bryan and AJ. I've waited my whole life for this moment and now you're taking it away from me ?!

+1 more, the security guy in the suit was a rude sarcastic unprofessional d!ckhead. I asked him if he could take a pic of me and Bryan, his response was "Do I look like a photographer?" I couldn't think of a promo response on the spot, but I wish I said "no, you look like someone who couldn't make it as a garda so now you're working security for a children's toy shop." And he also wouldn't move when parents wanted to take photos of their kids with Bryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

last year was my 1st signing with Sheamus at Smyths toy stores and security was the same then as well, with no pics, move along now etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gkellett

Charisteas wrote: »
    +1 more, the security guy in the suit was a rude sarcastic unprofessional d!ckhead. I asked him if he could take a pic of me and Bryan, his response was "Do I look like a photographer?" I couldn't think of a promo response on the spot, but I wish I said "no, you look like someone who couldn't make it as a garda so now you're working security for a children's toy shop." And he also wouldn't move when parents wanted to take photos of their kids with Bryan.

That guy stayed in the Clarion last night if u wanna come kick his head in!! Haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

To be fair the security guards are probably laughing at the fact that grown adults are queuing up in a kids toy shop to getting something signed hence their sarcastic tone

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

ok, so im leaving for the show in Belfast now in under an hour. I know its been asked before and people are probably fed up answering the question but, is there an autograph signing on in belfast anywhere today and does anybody know what hotel their staying in - yes ok - i plan on doing a bit of stalking

• Advertisement

ok, so im leaving for the show in Belfast now in under an hour. I know its been asked before and people are probably fed up answering the question but, is there an autograph signing on in belfast anywhere today and does anybody know what hotel their staying in - yes ok - i plan on doing a bit of stalking

Big show signing in smyths Belfast but wristbands all gone although if u hang around outside u will get one from someone on their way out or if you are there at the end they will probably let u in, I got wristband from someone leaving yesterday in Dublin, they are staying at the Raddisson, they left here last night and went straight up after the Dublin show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think your response should have been "Actually you are right, you just look like a complete c**t"

I remember when I went to see Bret Hart signing his autobiography in Easons, they had some sort of professional photographer there but then he stopped using his own camera and everyone who went up would just give him their camera and he would take a pic for you. Was really well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Anyone got any photos to share?

Great show last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

G-Money wrote: »
    I think your response should have been "Actually you are right, you just look like a complete c**t"

I remember when I went to see Bret Hart signing his autobiography in Easons, they had some sort of professional photographer there but then he stopped using his own camera and everyone who went up would just give him their camera and he would take a pic for you. Was really well done.

That's not bad idea actually, just have a guy to one side when you step up, hand him your camera, and while you chat or get something signed with the Superstar(s) have him snap away and then get your camera and move on. Downfall to that plan would be the guy maybe finding hassle with lots of different cameras etc. maybe. :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

G-Money wrote: »

Yeah, same when I saw Bret in Dundalk at the AWR show; there was a girl there who took your camera, took the picture for you. You still had to pay for the picture, but it was easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Wresling mania for theJericho signing was great - professional photographer took all the pictures (no extra cost) and they were slapped on FB! and he would use your camera if you asked - the correct way it should be done! You need wrestling fans to be running these things to really appreciate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I remember I was at a Tna show in Engerland & there was a signing afterwards & the queue split to let a disabled kid in a wheelchair to the front of the line & the guy on security actually had a moan about it. I along with about 5 others called him among others a needledick about it, damn it I may of even of pulled out Shítehawk. I think in their minds they think its like they are working for the pope or the president when really its as laid back as it gets in their line of work, nobody was going to try a Brough Kick on Bryan or that in Smyths FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Do they usually stay in the Radisson when they're in Dublin? Might head down from Belfast for Raw in November and book a room!

For the guy above who asked, they've always stayed at the Hilton when they're in Belfast. I'll be there tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Sheamus speaking after the main event last night

No they stay in the Clarion in Dublin, they are not staying in the Hilton in Belfast because of the titanic thing that's on that's why they are in the radisson

TheTwiz wrote: »
    To be fair the security guards are probably laughing at the fact that grown adults are queuing up in a kids toy shop to getting something signed hence their sarcastic tone

You're probably right but if they were judging people regardless of age on if they want to meet a professional wrestler or if they were laughing at me or the numerous other adults I saw there, then that just re-instates my claim of lack of professionalism.

I didn't get anything signed though, just wanted a photo. Though they both signed a WWE autograph card for me anyway without me even having to ask, which was decent.

Appears my rant is in danger of putting a damper on this thread, so someone post some reports or photos of last night! Though I did read numerous reports on the newz sites saying that it was a fairly poor show with Sheamus and William Regal barely saving the night.

Also read something about Cody Rhodes losing his luggage at Dashing Dublin Airport.

gkellett wrote: »
    they are not staying in the Hilton in Belfast because of the titanic thing

They could have still stayed at the Hilton. Judging by the TV ratings, Smackdown is a sinking ship too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

They could have still stayed at the Hilton. Judging by the TV ratings, Smackdown is a sinking ship too :D

POTY!

post of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just back from the first part of a split shift at work. Had good craic at breakfast this morning with Del Rio and Khali. As well as the late comers Orton, D- Bri, Mark Henry, Nattie and Lillian. Met Ricardo Rodriguez when I was doing the mini bar and woke up Big Show :o

Hopefully I'll get to see them off later, they're checking out at 6 before the show starts.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Had good craic at breakfast this morning with Del Rio and Khali. As well as the late comers Orton, D- Bri, Mark Henry, Nattie and Lillian.

Mark Henry late for a meal? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

Anyone got pics of the wee fella Shamus brought onto the stage at the end. He is a neighbour of mine and his mam was in such a shock she didn't get any clear photos

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I laughed at that.

"I won the match. I claim this child as my own as my prize!"

gkellett wrote: »
    No they stay in the Clarion in Dublin, they are not staying in the Hilton in Belfast because of the titanic thing that's on that's why they are in the radisson
    Cheers for the tip, how'd you find this out?

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Hopefully I'll get to see them off later, they're checking out at 6 before the show starts.
    Balls. What hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Just leave the wrestlers alone in the hotel. It's their private time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TheTwiz wrote: »
    Just leave the wrestlers alone in the hotel. It's their private time.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Whole Show

Bit off topic but does anyone know where the roster are staying when they come to London next week?

Kudos to anyone who can help?

That Britney Spears rant is actually an amazing promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

Is hornswoggle in the show? He tweeted that he was in Dublin today. It would make my son's night if he was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That Britney Spears rant is actually an amazing promo.
    Single-handedly revived the Mayo territories

Advertisement