Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MickBTID

Yeah going to both shows myself... Really unusual no Signing in Dublin, but the signings in Belfast are few and far between too, have been left put a couple of times! But I'll take a trek up to see Otunga anyway... Not doing any in Birmingham either, even though they are there for 2 shows, but like you said travel arrangements for the live shows there might not cater for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Why are you lot getting so worked up about this? What is the appeal in queuing up with a load of children in the freezing cold to get a piece of paper signed by David Otunga and Layla?

It's the same with adults who run down to ringside from their seat 10 rows back just so they can high five or pat someone on their sweaty back.

Am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

TheTwiz wrote: »
    Why are you lot getting so worked up about this? What is the appeal in queuing up with a load of children in the freezing cold to get a piece of paper signed by David Otunga and Layla?

It's the same with adults who run down to ringside from their seat 10 rows back just so they can high five or pat someone on their sweaty back.

Am i missing something?

The signing is part and parcel of the Irish WWE experience! It's always great craic at the signing, and you meet some very interesting people at them!
    As for the people running to ringside, I don't get it! If you're within the first 3 rows at ringside that's grand I suppose!

(Noticed in previous tour photos that the wrestlers sign the cliched flags that fans bring! I'd say there'll be a few of those at the show :D)

**EDIT** I'll probably bring a flag and drape it over the barrier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

TheTwiz wrote: »

Am i missing something?

Yes, its actually Eve :pac:

What's ticked me off is the fact that I'd planned my day for the signing and show! I love the signings, they're always great fun and for me (and many others) the chance to meet a Wrestler is rare! I can't remember the last time they haven't had a signing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

So which hotel are they likely to be staying in this year? I know in April it was different to the Clarion. Did anyone get lucky meeting someone last April?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I've met Otunga and he was a nice lad. Why not go to a signing? You're going to meet someone you watch weekly on TV and it's free. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Smyths have a Dora The Explorer M&G the weekend before WWE, do a "YES!" flashmob?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

esprimo wrote: »
    So which hotel are they likely to be staying in this year? I know in April it was different to the Clarion. Did anyone get lucky meeting someone last April?

pure speculation but maybe they aren't staying in Dublin this year.no signing may mean that they are staying in Belfast, Driving down to do the show and then heading back striaght after!

if they are staying anywhere it willk be the clarion on the quays!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Given Rybacks program with Punk, any hope of seeing him? Would prefer to see him live than alot of the others on the tour (tensai etc).

• Advertisement

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Smyths have a Dora The Explorer M&G the weekend before WWE, do a "YES!" flashmob?

PW Boards REVOLUTION! #OccupyToyshop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Given Rybacks program with Punk, any hope of seeing him? Would prefer to see him live than alot of the others on the tour (tensai etc).

Well he is not listed for the SmackDown show on the same day so you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Well he is not listed for the SmackDown show on the same day so you never know!

I'm sure he'll be in a squash match against the likes of JTG...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

If Cena's not fit to compete, it'll be Punk/Ryback more than likely

If Ryback comes, I'll be the asshole in the frontrow shouting RY-BERG- RY-BERG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

My housemate met Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez last year, I remember him saying to me (because I watch wrestling every week) he saw "some of your buddies" last night and got a photo of them...

Del Rio couldnt pose in a nightclub (coppers) due to PG or whatever, so its a sly "through a crowd" pic to prove his point... Said that there were quite a few there, I am wondering if the same crowd will go again this year!

I showed him pictures of different people and the only other he recognized was Drew...

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

loks ill be heading on my own... my friend cant make it...but alas im determined still to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

loks ill be heading on my own... my friend cant make it...but alas im determined still to go :)

Spare ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭slamman

It says on the tickets that doors open at 6pm, i bought a car park ticket too but it doesn't say an opening time on it. Does anyone know what time the O2 car park opens at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

They will be open before the show.

• Advertisement

Yup, thinking ill be placing my pair of 6th row tickets on adverts. Honestly I have no interest in seeing anyone other than cena, punk and Daniel Bryan. Not worth 80 euro. Also no signing combined with the fact its unlikely they are staying overnight puts a damper on heading to Dublin at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

See when I go to a show, I don't feel that it's my right to meet thee people involved, or to show up at their hotel afterwards. To each his own, but I find that to be a little bit creepy.

See when I go to a show, I don't feel that it's my right to meet thee people involved, or to show up at their hotel afterwards. To each his own, but I find that to be a little bit creepy.

I don't show up at their hotel thanks very much. Presume much?

You don't think its your right to meet them at a signing? What else is a signing for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I don't show up at their hotel thanks very much. Presume much?

so why is them not staying over the night in dublin a mitigating factor for you to not go to the show?

srm23 wrote: »
    so why is them not staying over the night in dublin a mitigating factor for you to not go to the show?

There is always a great buzz all over Dublin when they are staying overnight. There is also a chance to bump into people around town like Sheamus and John Cena, as happened us over the last few years. I never approach them, as I *shock* respect their privacy.

I never once said I was going anywhere near their hotel. The poster presumed, and was incorrect.

90% of the reason I am thinking of selling the tickets is that the card is rediculously weak.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I never worry too much about weak cards.

I've been to shows with strong cards that were boring as sin, and shows with weak cards where the "no-namers" put on brilliant shows and preformances...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I'm looking forward to this. Who's on the card anyone know?

From a few pages back....
    uwwedoogie wrote: »
    The O2 have updated the line-up: Dolph Ziggler has been switched to the Smackdown Tour in a swap for Daniel Bryan. Very bittersweet.

***Anything Goes Match for the WWE Championship***
    John Cena vs. CM Punk
    - - -
    ***WWE Tag Team Championship Match***
    Kane & Daniel Bryan vs. Epico & Primo
    - - -
    And all of your favorite Superstars including:
    Tensai
    Brodus Clay
    David Otunga
    Raw General Manager AJ
    Layla
    Eve

- - -

On other dates of the tour the card includes

***United States Championship Match***

Zack Ryder vs. Antonio Cesaro

and Santino Marella

I'm curious about the anything goes match; usually the faces win the last match or we get a screwy DQ finish so the heel keeps his title. In an anything goes, it means we've got to get a Punk pinfall...probably followed by a Cena beatdown, granted....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

From a few pages back....

I'm curious about the anything goes match; usually the faces win the last match or we get a screwy DQ finish so the heel keeps his title. In an anything goes, it means we've got to get a Punk pinfall...probably followed by a Cena beatdown, granted....

Is this the Dublin show?

• Advertisement

Yeah

Advertisement