Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Did they have the Rise Above Cancer T-Shirts?
    Didn't buy any merchandise man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Brodus clay v primo - brodus win by pin. Kids get to dance in the ring. Men get to see Naomi. Everyone's happy.
    Zach Ryder v epico - Zach win by dq after primo interfered. Vicky comes out to turn match into tag team match which funk n Zach win.
    Triple treat match - layla v eve v aj - aj wins by pin on eve after stopping ref from finishing count while eve pinning layla. Aj parading title around but Vicky comes in to declare win void as aj interfered with ref. On restart eve pins aj. Surprisingly entertaining!

Someone might fill in the rest. Writing on fone is not good and my bus is nearly home.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blani

Did anybody see my sign at ringside? Nearly got Brodus Clay's T-Shirt but some bolix stole it mid air as my tweet suggests! Devo!

pic.twitter.com/Smwl99Bt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Thought Hashtag wasn't going to get his flag back.
    Some D!ckhead tried to take it but I got it back!
    Blani wrote: »
    Did anybody see my sign at ringside? Nearly got Brodus Clay's T-Shirt but some bolix stole it mid air as my tweet suggests! Devo!

pic.twitter.com/Smwl99Bt

I saw that sign. Thought it was deadly!

GREAT SHOW!
    I wasn't too happy with the main event but hey, what can you do?
    Quick question was the guy who shouted "TWOOOO" for every two count a boardsie?
    I've got 400+ photos! I'd love to share them with you without Spamming this thread or twitter. Any Ideas?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

pic.twitter.com/Smwl99Bt

See it? Hard not to with the lights on it. Did laugh at it though, well done :)

Been up since Six so may miss some things here.

Clay beat Primo.
    Ryder beat Epico by DQ when Primo attacked. Clay made the save, and Ryder challanged them to a tag match.
    Eve retained the title against Layla and AJ. They did the tease where AJ (who had been "voted in" via Twitter votes) won with a role up and was celebrating with a title, only for Vickie to restart the match and Eve to retain.
    Cena beat Ziggler in match of the night. Really good, really long match. Should have closed the show tbh.
    McGillicuddy beat Tensai with a roll up.
    Hell No beat Road Scholars, and followed things up with a hug
    Punk beat Ryback by DQ when all the heels ran out. Kane and Bryan made the save, they cleared the ring, Ryback gives Punk the Shell Shock to end the show.

Honestly, the end fell really flat. They may want Ryback to be the next Cena but he's not yet. Nowhere near. So when he hit his finish on Punk, the show kind of just fizzled out. I felt, really, Cena should have come out to help him fend off the heels, and then have Cena AND Ryback close the show together, but since Cena was done after his match at half-time, the show was somewhat anti-climatic.

In other thoughts, the new stage looks fantastic. A raised platform at the top makes entrances so much easier to see. The big screens meant we got two (albeit generic) promos, one from Hell No, one from Ziggler. Sandow is fun live. Clay is great fun live. And Cena, in fairness, still gets the biggest reactions and its hard to hate him by the end of his match...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sounds like it was a good show hopefully Sheamus is on Raw by next April when they return.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I've got 400+ photos! I'd love to share them with you without Spamming this thread or twitter. Any Ideas?

Upload to facebook album and link it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Was there tonight, first few matches I was actually wondering why I spent so much on the ticket and was questioning why I was even there!.To add to that I ended up in probably the worst seat in the house between a load of kids in the middle of the row, the first few matches were really ****. there was a useless tag match with Ryder& Brodus V Primo&Epico and it was crap.....then the 3way divas match (AJ won the title for about 20 seconds before Vickie reversed the decision) it was really **** actually heard some "this is awful" chants.etc...

Luckily, I decided to make my own way up to the empty seats up the top to get way from the unfortunate situation I found myself in. so made my way up to the nosebleeds and that's when the Cena / Ziggler match happened and holy **** WOW!!!, it was actually awesome!,a PPV quality match,it definitely lasted for over 30 mins the crowd was alive and suddenly I felt like My money was well spent!.I even gave Cena a personal standing ovation because at the end of the day, he is awesome!!, just a pity his character sucks, quite a lot of booing still,I booed him too, haha! but fair play Cena!.

Then there was an intermission which I used to find some wrestling fans to chat to, met some realy cool people who then joined my up to the nosebleeds to chant some ****.e .....MacGilicuddy was against Tensai I remember and it was just irrelevant.

Throughout the night there were some promos playing on the "tron", was actually a good set up...much different from the usual glorified doorway with a few flashing lights. They actually had a ramp with 3 screens.

Bryan and Kane won against team Rhodes scholars in a good match and they hugged it out after, was gas.

Punk and Ryback was a little bit **** but still was fun in a way, some " goldberg chants" and "feed me roids"....would have rather seen punk competing with someone useful TBH.

either way, considering I went on my own with low expectations it was a very enjoyable night, even went for a few pints after with some pf the lads i met, good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Had good fun tonight. Great to see Heyman but would have liked if he got even a few seconds of mic time. Main event was indeed a big letdown as a few have already stated. Took the little cousin to what was his first wrestling show, and he loved it. Wasnt expecting a whole lot from Ryback v Punk and the run-ins at the end were anti-climatic, was waiting for Ziggler to come out after everyone else had gone and for Cena to make the save then with a possible stare-down finish with Ryback. Oh well, the rest was decent and the Ziggler / Cena match was excellent.

Almost forgot about Cena's hurricanerana!!!! haha. Also saw your sign with the lights Blani, that was deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

Here's a few photo's from the Belfast show and tonight's show

2rooqrm.jpg

103j4fk.jpg

2pz0kza.jpg

fuct2v.jpg

in8tnt.jpg

34hudyp.jpg

2h2njmx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The main event was a decent match, Ryback actually took plenty of Punks attacks and looked vulnerable at times, I would like to see that on my TV as well. I do agree that the ending lacked something, probably because Ryback isn't that big of a deal yet to have him closing the show.

Cena v Ziggler was brilliant, false finishes, ref bumps, AJ, Cena working the crowd, humour, a cenacanranna, briefcase shot, ziggler showing off, had everything in an all round excellant match.

the tag match and diva's match were well booked with well thought out moments after and during the matches. Bryan is actually the closest person they have to Cena for crowd reactions at this stage (Punk is caught in the middle with respected heel role).

AJ was really a fan favourite.

I felt bad for Tensai Bernard, stuck with McGillicutty who is not a face on tv (as in not on the tv or a fan fave).

Clay was really good at bringing the crowd into his match(s).

Didn't have a good camera with me which is a shame,

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Daniel Bryan was easily the most over tonight. Not even Cena's response or reactions came anywhere close to the crowd chanting Yes/No at Bryan. Was amazing to see.

Was fortunate to get comp tickets - Holy sh!t were they good seats. Row 1 with no obstructions. You'd think they'd choose to sell those tickets to the public? I won't complain though.

Really enjoyed it, one of the better shows since the 2004 house shows here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Quick question was the guy who shouted "TWOOOO" for every two count a boardsie?

There was a few of us doing it, my mate pointed out that the ref's count just didn't seem as exciting without it :p Special mention for Dolph playing up to the 'woo' chants. And his Sweet Chin Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Went for a smoke during the interval. Two 20-something year old women, fully kitted in the pink Cena Rise Above Cancer t-shirts, pink hats and wrist bands - clearly all for the cancer charity buzz... They frickin had 3 smokes each while i had one! I thought that was weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Where was cesaro and santino from last night? Closet Santino fan!

Smackdown was in Switzerland tonight and I assume that's the first time WWE's been there since Cesaro debuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blani

Where was Santino tonight? I was looking forward to the power walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Where was Santino tonight? I was looking forward to the power walk!
    He went to Switzerland, I was devastated at the lack of him, Miz and Sheamus tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yes but we knew Sheamus wouldn't be there, although it wouldn't have been a surprise either!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Went for a smoke during the interval. Two 20-something year old women, fully kitted in the pink Cena Rise Above Cancer t-shirts, pink hats and wrist bands - clearly all for the cancer charity buzz... They frickin had 3 smokes each while i had one! I thought that was weird...

Ha, that's like a Larry David situation right there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Few iPhone photos from tonight's show:

u2V58l.jpg

Tpr42l.jpg

nt51sl.jpg

6YdOHl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyone have any background on Irish kids giving Eve hassle?
    https://twitter.com/EveMarieTorres/status/266735621379346432

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Almost forgot about Cena's hurricanerana!!!! haha. Also saw your sign with the lights Blani, that was deadly

Saw the sign with lights. Looked class and lot of hard work went into it. Couldn't see what is said from outer Siberia seats but was well noticeable.

I never see him do that move ever. Now he has 4 moves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can see myself in Ciano's picture of Ryback :D

Some other thoughts...

Someone above said the Clay matches were bad, but I loved them. 5 rows back, I got the full effect of his mannerisms, and the guy looks to have good fun in the ring. He was laughing and that spread down to the fans at ringside. I could imagine that some might not have been able to avail of that further back though.

They ran a spot during the Cena vs Ziggler match where the ref took a bump. Vickie ran in and tried to hit Cena with the briefcase. AJ ran down and saved him. She teased hitting Vickie and Vickie fell to her knees and buried her head into Cena's crotch.....yes, in front of thousands of kids, they did a blowjob joke. Cena and AJ even sold it as one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The blowjob joke was harmless enough, funny for innocent , not so innocent kids and grown ups but for differant reasons.

they worked the whole humour side into the match brilliantly. Vickie running off disgusted when she realised it was cena she grabbed was great. Also Cena teasing the AJ kiss turning into Dolph getting smacked with the briefcase was also smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

rovert wrote: »
    Anyone have any background on Irish kids giving Eve hassle?
    https://twitter.com/EveMarieTorres/status/266735621379346432

She was booed continuously?? thats all I could make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Anyone notice the quality of the material sold at the t-shirt stands really bad I bought a CM Punk shirt last year and refused to buy one this year i mean the shirt is see through and it has a made in Honduras tag on the back of the shirt and I've never seen that on a WWE shirt before they last about 2 or 3 washes at best

noticed that too. It's quite strange I bought the white punk one and the quality is really bad but on the same night I bought a miz one and it's great quality. Weird 

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

Picked up a e33 ticket yesterday and headed in alone cos I'd nothing better to do. Had a few pints and had a great time, mainly thanks to the Cena v Ziggler match.

As has been mentioned before it was fantastic. If that was on PPV I would've had no complaints.

I'm a big Daniel Bryan fan and planned on buying the No! No! No! shirt but when I got in the merch stand only had the Yes! Yes! Yes! one so I bought that instead. Then went upstairs and the merch stand had the No! No! No! shirt. Bought that as well!

Have to agree with the lads who said the main event was flat. I thought it was terrible to be honest. I'm not a big Cena fan but kinda think it would've been better if he had have made the save? Even just for the kids. The Tensai match was pretty woeful as well. I'm not sure how it was received down below, but in the cheap seats it go zero response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

While I had my GIANT Punk sign dangled over the barrier, Punk looked over. He says to Justin Roberts and the ref (While making the motion of having a pen in his hand and nodding toward me) "Can I sign?" Roberts just shook his head.
    Didn't mind, I got a Punk autograph and Ziggler shirt at the merch stand.

Advertisement