Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah. There's a reason WWE don't touch Cena's character at all, and that's because he ticks the most boxes for the majority. I'll say I've seen better Cena matches live (the one vs Dolph in October was PPV quality), but he knows how to get the crowd going, he knows what to do and when. There's a reason he tops the card every show he's on, and it's because WWE know he appeals to the most amount of people. He personifies WWE in more ways than one.

I wonder if that match was something of a rehersal for Extreme Rules actually; would we be about to get an announcement of a tables match on Raw this week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Ah here, this nonsense annoys me no end.

I'm the very one who has said before that standing outside the hotel doesn't appeal to me, and I agree that the wrestlers are under no real obligation to preform anywhere except at the arena.

But trying to imply someone has no life because they want to meet the wrestlers is horrible tbh, and since wrestling fans get enough abuse off others, we could do without turning on each other. I fully understand why someone would want to see and meet the wrestlers; fans tend to dedicate a lot of time and money into their love of wrestling. People are right to say wrestlers shouldn't be expected to be in character at the hotels though. But let's leave the petty insult comments like that out of the debate please.

And I was only kidding Liamalone. If you enjoyed the match, fair play. Just unusually to see someone say Cena's match was the most skillful one on the card :P

Appreciate your point of view, and it was well made, even if I didn't agree with a lot of your previous posts. I don't restrict my comments to people who hang around wrestlers hotels, but 'famous' people in general. Your post suggests, you don't do it, but agree with others doing it. I don't.

As I said previously, I'm an unashamed wrestling fan, but I think there's reason why wrestling fans are stigmatised in general - and behaviour like this is top of the list. The number of people who posted on this thread asking about wrestlers hotels pretty much sums it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

ajwm-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Nimmi182

Do you guys mind if I upload the pics to my aj site. Credit will be given

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Probably a long shot but I've got a spare ticket for the Smackdown taping in London on Tuesday if anyone has planned to head over and needs another ticket

I'll be letting it go well below face value just so it doesn't go to waste - PM me if interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭toyotamr4red

jaykhunter wrote: »
    From earlier in the thread

Your Qs can be answered by Ticketmaster.ie, it's not hidden! Best just bookmark this page. http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004A91AB182F83?artistid=1848807&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=27

Onsale to General Public
    Start: Thu 25/04/13, 09:00

o2 presale
    Start: Tue 23/04/13, 09:00
    End: Thu 25/04/13, 08:00

Thanks for the link. Trying to get ringside tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

It kinda gets a bit much when people question other peoples character for wanting to meet a hero or a celebrity in there eyes! I understand that celebrities need there own time and space - as a wrestling fan I understand the serious schedule that these guys have and the amount of work they do!
    John cena is the face of wwe - the face of make a wish and with the exception of the last year has carried wwe for the last 6 years! He knows where ever he goes people will want his autograph! If David Beckham walked passed you on the street you would ask him for his autograph!
    Also to say wrestling fans are the worst for this - I went to get darts events - footy matches - tennis matches - concerts - people always look for autographs - it doesn't make them bad people or people without a life - its something there passionate about!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Exactly.

Most wrestling fans spend months watching these guys on TV between visits, and kids and some adults idolize them. So I can fully appreciate when they hear that "Hey, this guy will be available to possibly get a picture with for 60 seconds once every six months" that some will want to get that chance.

That happens in all walks of culture. Go to an airport when Man United or Justin Bieber are flying in. Same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

To put some perspective on my point of view on this. I didn't say anyone is a bad person for wanting an autograph, I just think that a bit of perspective and a sense of "time and a place" should be applied. Yes, they're your heros, but what makes a person think that they have some kind of entitlement to another person because of the job they do baffles me. It's a once in a lifetime chance for you to get to meet them? Well, yeah, you and every other one of their millions of fans. That's why they do signings and public appearances. If they stop and chat and sign an autograph, result, but if they don't they're instantly a jerk? Honestly, does that not sound drastically unfair on them? I've met a good few celebrities, some are cool, some are arseholes, but when they're not "on" they have as much of a right to be left alone as anyone else.

I met Sheamus a couple of years ago, while he was WWE champion. He was in Dublin to get his visa paperwork sorted and was drinking in a bar in Dublin city centre with some friends, and I was a bartender in the bar he was drinking in. The bar manager was also a big wrestling fan. Rather than hassle the guy, we sent his table a round of free drinks and told the waitress to tell him that a few of us were fans and they were on us. Afterwards he came up to the bar and said thanks, signed a couple of autographs for the bar managers nephews, shook our hands and said thanks for the drinks and the support and went on his way. Lovely bloke and it was a very cool moment for me as a fan, but if he had just headed off without saying a word I wouldn't have thought any less of him for wanting to keep a low profile on his day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

For the record, I don't disagree with people looking for autographs. Like I said, I get why people chance their arm, and they may as well. I don't personally go looking for autographs myself, don't really see the appeal (though my heroes are generally in areas that I aspire to work in myself one day...so I'd be more needy and want their professional respect and approval than anything else tbh), but a lot of people do so that's fair enough. I just think people need to understand the line between when guys should see their fans and when they've a right to blow people off if they so wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

In relation to Cena's fan interaction (or lack thereof), it's been pointed out he's likely on the road 300+ days a year and I think most people will agree that he's bound to have a couple of days where he's just not in a great mood, or has something else on his mind. Contrary to how he's portrayed, I'm fairly certain he's still only human, it's just unfortunate for Irish fans that last Friday happened to be one of those days.

Something I saw mentioned earlier in the thread, and I really feel it's worth highlighting again - there was a fairly intense manhunt taking place in a Boston suburb on Friday.

Now I have no connection Boston, but I was still keeping track of updates on the situation - I can't even imagine how pre-occupied someone with connections to the area would have been.

Maybe that's why Cena was having an off-day? Maybe it's not? I'd still cut the dude some slack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

You would swear these Wrestler's are like bloody Justin Bieber or bloody One Direction in terms of popularity

Wrestling is a niche market, barring your hardcore fans, the man on the street isn't going to have a clue who the hell these blokes are.

To put it in context, at a one direction gig, six thousand fans lined the hotel in London the other week after one of their gigs. Its the same across the world pretty much. They took the time to acknowledge their fans and sign a few (stressing a few) autographs.

I'm guessing there were probably no more than 100 fans at the hotel to see these WWE guys? Have a bit of common sense and understand that kids are excited to get a glimpse of their heroes up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Nobody is obliged to buy their merchandise. That's your choice. The fact remains, that they do not owe you anything. I'm glad common sense is prevailing on this thread. IMO, there is something drastic missing in your life if you stand around hotel lobbies trying to meet wrestlers - male or female.

Actually, there are two big things in my life, one is aged 10 and the other is 6. They love the wrestlers, they adore Cena. And I would class myself as a good parent by giving up my time to try let them have a moment to remember.

So please p!ss off with the insults and maybe stop trying to judge people on the basis of your misguided perception.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Nobody is obliged to buy their merchandise. That's your choice. The fact remains, that they do not owe you anything. I'm glad common sense is prevailing on this thread. IMO, there is something drastic missing in your life if you stand around hotel lobbies trying to meet wrestlers - male or female.
    What a ass this person is....
    *Troll alert*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

wardy2 wrote: »
    What a ass this person is....
    *Troll alert*

*an

massive pic of troll face

I Couldn't resist. :)

I was disappointed I couldn't go on Friday, I haven't been at a WWE show in around 7 years at this stage. I think the last one I was at was a few days after Eddie died. Will they be back in the autumn?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I was disappointed I couldn't go on Friday, I haven't been at a WWE show in around 7 years at this stage. I think the last one I was at was a few days after Eddie died. Will they be back in the autumn?

They're back in November. Interestingly, it's being billed as WWE Live as opposed to WWE Raw or Smackdown. So I'd expect a better line up this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Excuse the Possibly stupid question, but anyone know when they will announce the next live Raw in London? Will it be after tonight's show like the house shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

PinkFly wrote: »
    Excuse the Possibly stupid question, but anyone know when they will announce the next live Raw in London? Will it be after tonight's show like the house shows?

That's very likely, they've done the same in Belfast in Dublin. There were lots of cards with the next WWE live event at the merch stand as well. Tickets will be on sale within a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Omackeral wrote: »
    They're back in November. Interestingly, it's being billed as WWE Live as opposed to WWE Raw or Smackdown. So I'd expect a better line up this time around.

Aye, I was reading that they're getting rid of branded-shows to bolster line-ups and give'im more freedom with that fact. Granted, this is based on notion that they somehow gave two blips about the brand-split the last few years.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_68101.shtml

If they are in fact ending economic reason they'd for the brand-split, you would hope they'd deal with the one true remnant of it: the titles.

The US title'd make most sense, really. Seeing as the WWE title is 'the' belt, the WHC is essentially the new IC in the vein of the IC's glory-years, and the IC itself hovers around the Euro-title territory in terms on presentation, and acts fine as the 'give'em something to do' belt. This leaves the US belt in a realm of pointlessness, beyond sullying the IC, as they're seemingly interchangeable. There's also the fact that the US belt is dumb as a territorial title, as the whole point of IC title was that it unified the North/South American championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

PinkFly wrote: »

The tapings in November will take place in Manchester.

tickets on sale this Friday.

http://www.men-arena.com/events/?page_id=2068

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks Martin, I've updated the thread title to let people know this week are the ticket dates. At least with the 02 Dublin pre-sale is before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

Thanks Martin, I've updated the thread title to let people know this week are the ticket dates. At least with the 02 Dublin pre-sale is before that.

02 pre-sale starts tomorrow, general sale begins Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I get the impression WWE just license out a 3rd party to create WWE apparel to sell in European markets. It would explain the dated merchandise and also the shoddy quality. I remember buying a jersey from WWF's european site and it was made of sandpaper. Bought another jersey from WWF US shopzone and it was made of gorgeously soft material.

Agree, I had Edge's Sex & Violence tshirt from years ago when it came out, bought it on shopzone, they were selling the same one at a house show here and it was like it was badly printed on a tshirt from Penneys, the print didnt sit right on the shirt at all it even cut off at a right angle in part of it. Whereas mine had it all over and the shirt lasted ages, didnt fade for a good few months worth of washes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I got a Daniel Bryan YES t-shirt at the November show and have had no problems with it thus far. Didn't go up to the merch stand on Friday though as I could see it was a poor selection. Still only had the yellow Punk shirt even though they've brought out 2 new ones since then!

Does anyone know the story with the presale tickets this morning? My father is with O2 & he received no code regarding tickets :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Nimmi182 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the story with the presale tickets this morning? My father is with O2 & he received no code regarding tickets :/

As far as I know you have to be signed up to get the alerts.

Any1 bother getting them today?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    As far as I know you have to be signed up to get the alerts.
    He is signed up. There's no presale link on the 02 blueroom site, there's no link to geth them on ticketmaster. Very dissapointing. Bad service & another reason why 02 os awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 fumancu

just got this off o2 on facebook

O2 Ireland There is an error on ticketmaster, they are not on release yet. The gig is in November keep an eye on the O2 site to see when the Priority tickets are going on sale for this gig. Lisa
    A few seconds ago · Like · Reply

• Advertisement

But sure they are going on sale on Thursday anyway? Strange !

Advertisement