Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Nimmi182

So far there's been no announcement for the smyths signing, but people who buy the WWE VIP experience package get a meet and greet with a superstar.
    They'll surely do a signing in smyths regardless as it seems almost a sure fire thing. And 390 quid for a meet and greet with a few bits and bobs.... they must be joking!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Nimmi182 wrote: »
    They'll surely do a signing in smyths!

yeah that would be good. when will that be (estimated date). going up on wednesday and home friday. Don't fancy having to go up twice more to get ticket and go to signing. I prob would if it was
    AJ
    though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

The VIP is an absolute rip off, basically you get a few photos and autography and generic cap and chair?

The chair will likely just say 'WWE LIVE - I was there' if anything at all, it won't be a Dublin exclusive, trust me. They'll show up on eBay within no time from every event they sell these at and they'll have little value.

A complete and utter money making scheme.

I paid a lot less money for a ringside WWE PPV ticket that came with event-specific authentic chair. So don't feel you're getting a good deal, unless you value an autograph and photo as a few hundred euro - the same autograph/picture you'd get for free in Smyths in past years. Just because it costs money and is 'VIP', you'll be ushered through by security just like in-stores, you might have a little more than usual interaction but nothing worth parting with money for.

I'm actually shocked by the price of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'd assume there'll be a signing. We were skipped over on the last November tour, but I think that was due to time constrains. It'll likely be two jobbers again.
    I'd laugh if it was the funkadactyls since total divas has started. Melina VS Alicia Fox and cookie hanging out will be funny talking points!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    A complete and utter money making scheme.

Isn't the European tour in general one though? Everything from the ticket prices to the colourful Cena merch....WWE is a money making machine. Just depends on how far each individual is willing to invest in it before they come to a line and say "No more". Some people think paying for PPVs is a rip off. Some people will think getting to meet a superstar is well worth the money.

Varying degrees of rip offs, but each individual makes the choice how far they'll go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Isn't the European tour in general one though? Everything from the ticket prices to the colourful Cena merch....WWE is a money making machine. Just depends on how far each individual is willing to invest in it before they come to a line and say "No more". Some people think paying for PPVs is a rip off. Some people will think getting to meet a superstar is well worth the money.

Varying degrees of rip offs, but each individual makes the choice how far they'll go.

Absolutely agree. WWE is a business.....profit is very important for them. They would hardly put on a european tour just to lose money or break even. They are coming here to make a shedload of money....make no mistake about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I'd laugh if it was the funkadactyls since total divas has started

Actually this would not be the end of the world I would go to that but not pay a couple of hundred plus for the privilege. I am in over three hundred already between shirt for the show tickets and hotel.

Yes of course it is.

Stuff like merch etc, it's standard pricing for the industry, the venue take a cut of all merch sales which is why the prices are high. Just recently Macklemore told fans to buy merch online and not at the shows for this reason.

The ticket price, yes costs money but what they give you for your money (be it €30-€76) is a 3-hour live show. Most music concerts for the same price, and often more, don't give you that much time.

My issue was they value the 3 hours of entertainment, regardless of if it's part of a tour or PPV, watching our favourite wrestlers perform at a maximum €76.

By equation you can see that they then value 5 minutes of time with an unnamed Superstar + generic chair & hat at €300. That's what I find ridiculous and that's when the money making goes too far.

Primarily it'll be the kids pressuring the parents that they want to meet Brodus Clay or Kofi Kingston or whoever and that's not money parents can deliver for kids plus themselves plus potential other kids. To take your kid to a wrestling show to meet a wrestler at a (let's be honest) mediocre performance would cost you €750 and that's if you have one kid.

If they really want €375 they need to make it a bit more worthwhile. It'd be a different story if this was 2004/2005 and they were putting on shows worth whatever money you parted with but now they are so phoned in and lacklustre that to then introduce this is just ridiculous.

The last few years have been so bad. I'm fortunate enough to get comp tickets and I attend purely because it's still as I said before 3 hours of watching our favourite wrestlers perform but start making these shows a bit better before you start asking for more money from families.

I just ranted on twitter about this.
    I went to a TNA meet and greet which was included with the price of the tickets back in 2010 or 2011 or something. I got a pictures with the stars, got them to sign my merch, spoke with them, and a free programe all for €80!! In no way am I comparing WWE to TNA & I know WWE are classed as the "A show", but to start the VIP experience which is in no way VIP at over €300 is madness!! Considering also this is the first year I can remember that this has actually happened can't see anyone forking out €750 for two tickets alone. For what? I hat, chair and maybe meet the wrestlers you love? I can see that there's going to be aloud of kids begging for this, the parents will give it to them (and for themselves also) and fans like us will be pushed to the back and not able to get in to get an autograph.
    Again, like my experience one year with front row which I will never go back to because of crazy kids, there will be alot of hassle.
    I'll take my chances strolling to the venue that hour early like last year. Met AJ, Dolph and everyone else just leaving there hotel. It was quality and free!! Plus my seats are tiered and pretty much ring level so either way I'm sorted!
    I can see why WWE would hike the prices to something crazy but if they actually wanted to make the money, I'd start it off at €150 at the very least.

I saw photos from the last tour (on the Feds website) where people waited in the hotel lobby and met a shed load of stars. If its no one good for the smyths signing, I'll chance my luck like Nimmi and walk that way down or even wait in the hotel.

• Advertisement

Nimmi182 wrote: »
    Again, like my experience one year with front row which I will never go back to because of crazy kids, there will be alot of hassle
    I have to to agree with you about the front row. I have missed the last couple of tours here, but I would always buy ringside seats. Everytime, it is just worth it....whenever it looks like a match is gonna finish, kids come running to the barricades....only for the security to tell them to go back their seats. The last time, a kid puked beside the front row a couple of seats away from me...nobody cleaned it up. The stench was horrible. I got my tickets a couple of weeks ago. They are section P, but at least the tiered seating will be fine. It is just not worth paying an extra 40 euro for a ringside seating. Never back that far from the ring, so not sure what the view will be like. I dont mind cos I am going for the WWE experience! :)

max life wrote: »
    The last time, a kid puked beside the front row a couple of seats away from me...nobody cleaned it up. The stench was horrible.

Presuming it's the same incident, but I detailed in the post before that the kid (I think) you're talking about...I was in the aisle seat, second row, so that puke was right beside me. Got some on me and all. Horrible.

I've grown so sick of kids acting like animals (and parents actively encouraging it) that I've got tiered seating for the next show. I love being up close, but the kids who run amok (and that's not all the kids, btw; there's plenty of well behaved ones) ruin it.

BUT, that said, I know those front row tickets will still be sold, and this goes back to the point I was trying to make; just because you or I deem something not worth the money does not mean others won't. I agree that the meet-and-greet is vastly overpriced, but that doesn't mean there won't be people who avail of the offer.

If no one pays for the VIP ticket, realistically, WWE are down nothing; the seats will be sold regardless, and all it means is they don't have to waste their time. If someone buys the ticket, well and good; WWE get their money, and the people who purchased the tickets get what they paid for. If TNA price theirs lower, it's because they need to encourage as many people to participate as possible, while WWE are doing it solely for a bit more profit.

Again I stress, it's over-priced; for 35 quid a few years back, I got to meet Bret Hart in Dundalk, as well as Eugene, Scotty, Sabu and a few other lower guys. Hart, alone, was worth the price for me. But then there were people who think I was nuts to pay to go to any wrestling show whatsoever. It's all relative. I'd never pay that much money for whats on offer, but others will, and others won't blink at it, thinkings its great value. (Personally, at that price, I'd want a private security guy beating kids back from my seating area :P).

For what it's worth, I've paid full price for tickets for the last few shows in Dublin and I've found that, kids aside, I've loved and enjoyed the shows. Well worth the money I paid. Just pointing out it's relative, and different people have different thresholds.

For what it's worth, I've paid full price for tickets for the last few shows in Dublin and I've found that, kids aside, I've loved and enjoyed the shows. Well worth the money I paid. Just pointing out it's relative, and different people have different thresholds.

Don't get me wrong I completely enjoy the show, everything about it is class, but just that small number of people make it a little less enjoyable.
    Our thing is to get a bit tipsy and them go down, the kids are bearable then :)

The O2 have removed Sheamus from the listing and including a link to a story about his injury. So, regardless of what happens, it's safe to say he won't even make an appearance that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wonder will we get RVD instead of Sheamus now.

I'd say we will definitely get RVD!!! I'm hoping anyway. Huuuge fan.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    wonder will we get RVD instead of Sheamus now.

I would love if RVD was gonna be there but ( considering he is working a very limited schedule ) it is highly doubtful :mad:

Randy Orton scheduled to make an appearance ( I know its subject to change, before somebody says he wont be there ).
    http://www.aikenpromotions.com/component/eventlist/details/9774-wwe-live-in-dublin-7th-november.html

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Well wwe are running another show in Barcelona on the same night as us ,it be very hard to predict who's going to
    Be their on the night : / ....

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭untouchable

so im bringing the girlfriend to belfast for the wwe live show on november 7th.

this is my first time going to a live show so ive no idea what to expect. obviously its totally different to watching on tv but can i expect storylines, segments and such or will it be purely awesome wrestling that gives a sample of what is happening at that time on the raw and smackdown shows?

there was originally planned to be shows in spain that week while the gigs at dublin and belfast where on but they where cancelled(asaik) because of cenas injury so does that mean we can expect a more entertaining line up?

anyone know who we can expect to have on show?

sorry so many questions but i really cant wait. a 29 year old that treats his first live gig as a pivitol moment in his life:D

• Advertisement

I'd expect just a random selection of matches that mirrors the feuds occuring on TV at the time. I wouldn't expect "awesome" wrestling, but it depends on who comes tbh. Ziggler and Cena two times ago put on a fantastic PPV level match, while other times, the superstars obviously just come out, go through the motions and leave.

For the most part, there might be the odd segment in the ring or on the screens, but most of the enjoyment comes from seeing them in the flesh.

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭untouchable

yea i guess i was kinda thinking that was the way it would be. i suppose they wouldnt wanna be picking up injuries on a live tour either.

the girlfriend has been to mania a few times and alot of live shows so we'll both be in good spirits for it. the fact that its in between hell in a cell and survivor series hopefully a couple of fueds might be alive on tour. plus i love nights out in belfast so should be fun

thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Not even WWE themselves know what talent will be on the tour - they told me it would be sorted within the next week or so - so if i hear anything I will post it here!

Not even WWE themselves know what talent will be on the tour - they told me it would be sorted within the next week or so - so if i hear anything I will post it here!

Any wind on if there'll be a signing this November? Has it been limited to just April or....?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Any wind on if there'll be a signing this November? Has it been limited to just April or....?

Havent heard a thing - once they get back to me about the guys on the tour ill ask about appearances!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://theo2.ie/index.php/artist/wwe-live/206

seems like BS. will be a good show if true

Main Events:
    Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton
    For the WWE Championship

YES! YES! YES!

Looks like we're getting a supershow!

DB is the only wrestler I wanna see. I dont care who else is there :D

• Advertisement

We're overlooking something that could be amazing, THE SHIELD are on the card! Fingers crossed there's not too much movement.
    Maybe we'll a shield signing on the day :)

Advertisement