Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Seems we are getting the guys you didnt get in Dublin here in Munich but no WWE title match. Atleast thats from what is currently being advertised for the show I have tickets to on Saturday. Punk/Bryan vs The Wyatts in a handicap match is advertised as is Cesaro but No Orton or Big Show listed (as well as no Rhodes bros and some others inc The Shield). WWE werent lying about Heyman being in Europe though as he is being advertised for the show here. Cena/ADR is probably the one matchup pulling double duty on the tour as him being the real face of the WWE means he was advertised & thus needed for both

Sad to hear some idiot threw a bottle there but it sounds like Wades promo probably got good heat and that 6 man tag sounds like really good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I thought it was a great show. No Bryan or Punk but it was great lineup with both World Titles on the line. Good card with plenty of matches.

The Shield vs. Cody, Goldust & Big E
    Fandango vs. Santino
    Wade Barrett(with English jersey) vs. Zack Ryder
    Aksana vs. Natalya
    The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston
    Randy Orton vs. Big Show (WWE Title)
    John Cena vs. Albert Del Rio (World Heavyweight Title Dublin Street Fight)

Got to meet The Shield earlier. A good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Missed out on both the signing and show due to some personal crap managed to get a signed trading card of Rollins and Reigns and a figure of Dean Ambrose done for me. Absolutely gutted to have missed seeing Goldust and Cody hope Goldust is on the post Wrestlemania tour next year, looks like it was a fun show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

ciano316 wrote: »

What did that entail?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Good show, much better than the past few for sure.

1468664_10151729828256444_1400171639_n.jpg

1457493_10151729828456444_1833166072_n.jpg

1395146_10151729828816444_702879074_n.jpg

1467201_10151729830086444_1311064351_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Adiboo wrote: »
    What did that entail?

Steps & a chair haha

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

got to dublin later than expected and ran to smyths.in fairness to the staff my cousin has a disabilty that doesnt allow him to stay standing for long periods of time so one of the managers got him a seat and as soon as the shield arrived brought him and myself up to the front of the que and we got to meet the lads which made my cousins day! we bought the wwe annuals on sale in smyths and rollans and ambrose where both laughing at the fact that the book spoke of there past naming them as jon moxly and tyler black saying to me where did u get this macmahon wouldnt like it lol. the show was epic to really enjoyed it compared to previous years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

ciano316 wrote: »
    I thought it was a great show. No Bryan or Punk but it was great lineup with both World Titles on the line. Good card with plenty of matches.

The Shield vs. Cody, Goldust & Big E
    Fandango vs. Santino
    Wade Barrett(with English jersey) vs. Zack Ryder
    Aksana vs. Natalya
    The Miz vs. Kofi Kingston
    Randy Orton vs. Big Show (WWE Title)

Got to meet The Shield earlier. A good day.
    You forgot Sandow vs. Ziggler. I really enjoyed the show. They should have put the 6 man tag match further in the card. I thought the crowd was very flat for the fandango santino match. Well worth the money. Will definitely be going to next years event.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Who won the Shield and Sandow matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

CSF wrote: »
    Who won the Shield and Sandow matches?

Sandow won and the shield lost

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They were really pushing the WWE Kids magazine last night.

In the lobby, there was a stand and a few people going round, trying to sign people up to subscriptions. And when you went into the arena, there was a copy of the magazine on every. single. seat. And to wrap it all up, they were handing them out as you walked out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The six man tag was the fifth match in Belfast, a bit mad that it was first up in Dublin as both Goldust and the Shield would be big draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭AhmadKh7

Does anyone have a video of Reigns falling?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mairead Farrell
    still laughing at last nights WWE in the O2 ... Santion Marellas finisher move is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Didn't they do the dublin street fightlast time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

cena wrote: »
    Didn't they do the dublin street fightlast time?

mainevent in april was cena and ryback tables match

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

Chuffed that I got The Shield to sign this! It got a loud audible "SHít!!" from Seth Rollins in surprise, but they were really cool about it. BYjWRhCIQAAH8BU.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

JrdanB wrote: »
    Chuffed that I got The Shield to sign this! It got a loud audible "SHít!!" from Seth Rollins in surprise, but they were really cool about it.

I was wondering what he shouted about! That's awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlahBlahOhYeah

AhmadKh7 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a video of Reigns falling?

This is my fuzzy effort. I sent it off to WrestlingInc, they put up a few pieces about the 'incident.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIYQ7dwBYa4&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

Had a great night, we were in the front row of tiered seated and had a great time! I'm an NXT fan so loved seeing The Shield, Summer Rae (who's gotten MUCH better in the quasi-manager/valet role now in terms of fan interaction, facial expressions etc.), Big E Langston et al! :)

I'm sure my GF will be here later to throw up some photos!

In terms of chants starting and not starting - the well-spirited ones caught on a few times (in favour or against various wrestlers), the smarkier ones of the "you can't wrestle" variety... nope, it definitely wasn't the kind of crowd this time around that would enjoy that right in the middle of the biggest pop of the entire night. :) I'm not a SuperCena fan either but I'm ok with one match of the entire night being squarely aimed at the 95% there who aren't me, it just meant we got Luas seats quick and easy by ducking out just before the Five Moves were hit near the end! :p The kids who got the tram home with me though loved it, they were all breathless telling me exactly what happened at the end! :D

That said, I'm fine with cheering for villains etc (as said above, it's part of the fun, and I let off a WE! THE PEOPLE! once or twice!) and getting the little ones around you a little riled up, I'm just not mad about the ones that completely break kayfabe for those around them and wish they were the night after Wrestlemania (a friend told me he was in a taping in the US recently and a guy tried to start a HUS-KY HAR-RIS! chant when Bray came out, and he got a tip at the back of his head from another fan for his trouble :P ).

Great night though all in all! Agree with what many are saying that the opening match was the best match, but Orton / Big Show was actually very good as well (shockingly, as I'm not a massive fan of either), and I even enjoyed the comedy matches, I love Fandango and the kids there were mad into Los Matadores (who have a pretty fun moveset)!

Jack Swagger's presentation and physicality have gotten MUCH better since he teamed up with Cesaro imo, who I was a bit disappointed wasn't there last night, it was a far cry from any reception I'd ever seen him get before. Much, much improved.

Also Natalya is STUNNING up close and Big E really is absolutely MASSIVE in person, good jaysus!!

Ringside seats (or thereabouts, first row of tiered seating for us) was definitely worth it in my opinion, would recommend to people going in May or to UK tapings etc! The 02 is small enough that nearly any seats are good seats but it was just a completely different experience having them all RIGHT in front of you like that, we had a great night. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

If anyone is thinking of journeying to the UK for tapings in the spring I'd highly recommend it. There's a definite difference in quality of show as they tape in London shortly after Mania so you are nearly guaranteed a great card

Thinking about it now, it was the best of the houseshows that I've been to (including this one, the last four).

I like Ryback more than most but it's nice to get a break from him even if I missed Punk and Bryan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

This is my fuzzy effort. I sent it off to WrestlingInc, they put up a few pieces about the 'incident.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIYQ7dwBYa4&feature=youtu.be

Looks intentional to me!

Looks intentional to me!

Favourite part of that were him shouting THAT WAS TEN MINUTES AGO! at the kids chanting it at him throughout the whole match, all in the spirit of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LyndsC

Jenda asked me to post up my photos from last night so here they are. This is my third show and it was my absolute favourite, partly due to the amazing seats we were able to get, sooo happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Thanks for advice on here regards parking. I brought my nephew. I was big wrestling fan even up to few years ago, but more causal fan now. I'm really enjoyed it. Bit disappointed with no Daniel Bryan, Punk or Antino Ceraso as big fan of them from ROH days and think doing great in WWE. First match was prob best. I liked everyone involved and got see the shield walk by. My nephew was disappointed with street fight as didn't do a lot of "Hardcore" stuff. I understand why, but harder to explain to 11 year old. When Cena made his speech at the end, it remind me that almost 10 years ago I went to see WWE in Dublin with Cena Vs. JBL. How times fly and his still on top and carrying the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Had a great time as usual! Always great Craic! Here's my photos as always:

https://www.facebook.com/nathancmcdonagh/media_set?set=a.10201352799637576.1073741854.1101141863&type=1

Let us know what you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlahBlahOhYeah

Looks intentional to me!

Yeah, it does look a bit 'bump'-ish. But Ambrose in particular slagged him, and found it really hard not to laugh...unless we're all being played in a major way...? Haha.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thought it was done on purpose; when they came out, everyone was cheering them. Then he fell, everyone started mocking him, the Shield boys got angry and shouty, and then suddenly everyone is booing them. That "fall" helped turn the crowd against them perfectly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

Here's a few photos I took. :)

BYkBJC3CEAA-Fu2.jpg

BYkA_sBCEAESQ5J.jpg

BYj8szVCcAEC1bT.jpg

BYj8PJCCYAAnoWn.jpg

BYj79iaCMAA_3su.jpg

Advertisement