Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Good show. I agree with Usos being a snorefest... I just can't get into their matches at all.
    Cesaro Sheamus definitely would have been match of the night on almost any PPV.. amazing match

What a botch on Bray Wyatt's entrance though... totally ruined it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If anyone took pics I'd love to see 'em :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If anyone took pics I'd love to see 'em :)

We've got some deadly ones, I'll stick em up tomorrow if I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Was a decent show. Cesaro-Sheamus was great. Was so happy to see the swing; I thought we might not see it because of the babyface emphasis. Sheamus hit the Celtic Cross - I haven't seen that on tv in a long time. I wonder if he did it especially for the home crowd or if he always does it on house shows.

Drew McIntyre came out in a Rangers jersey - I thought that was funny. That was a poor match but both sides did a good job of working the audience.

Also Tony Chimel thanking London - accidental or not?? Either way, Cena and the Wyatts saved the day on that one.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

just back home now. Xavier Woods is a legend, sorted me and 2 friends out with ringside tickets. i was in with all the Make a Wish foundation kids & minders and I totally get why Cena can never be a heel now. was very touching to see how the wrestlers interacted with them. got a thumbs up from cena too after I gave him one when he picked up a child that was in front of me. Poor girl must have been only 3 years old and you could see the sickness :s

met up with Xavier during the day. had a pint with him in fibbers :p great lad, complete nerd and just brilliant person overall. the show was great, loved ziggler - del rio, sheamus - cesaro was also cool. spitting chips I didnt get to see RVD, thought he would be on the card but c'est la vie. been a while since Ive been at a show but was nice to put back on the nWo shirt and have a laugh. Made me really feel how small minded the majority of the internet wrestling community is. Of course I'm excluding most of you guys, botchamania and OSW from that as you are far more intelligent than most of the dirt sites

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really, really enjoyed that. Was in the tier seating. Mostly kids around me, but thankfully there were a group of fathers who, although they started out looking bewildered by everything, soon realized we could all group together to cheer the bad guys and rip the **** out of the show in a great away. So not smarks, but close enough.

Usos vs Wyatts was grand if unspectacular; Harper whistled "He's got the whole world..." as his theme song which was brilliant.

Sami Zayn vs Damian Sandow was grand too, but the problem is 90% of the audience didn't have a clue who Zayn was; Sandow was working hard to get heat but usually whenever Zayn was on the offence, the crowd were dead. Doesn't mean Zayn wasn't trying though; real potential to be a massive star.

Bells vs Fox-sana (as they called themselves) was fun thanks to the crowd; a guy screamed his phonenumber from the crowd. YES! It was a running joke from last time! Right, the crowd was rowdy, and it was a "Sumthin' for the Dads" match. At one stage when one Bella grabbed Askana by the clothes, some started chanting "RIP THEM OFF", followed by a massive YES chant. But it was entertaining enough. After the match, Alicia attacked poor Tony Chimmel, and then the Bellas ran out and kissed him.

Cesaro vs Sheamus was ****ing electric. They put on a brilliant match with a tonne of nearfalls that had the crowd well believing it was over a few times. Was really great to see a house show match that was top notch, and the crowd backed it up. Awesome.

Truth/Woods vs 3MB was good for crowd reactions. That Truth hasn't been on TV for so long but still gets the reactions he does is spectacular. And I loved seeing 3MB live.

Ziggler vs Del Rio was solid. There was a girl behind me that was nuts for Dolph though, and had a sign with her. When he pointed at it, she damn near died!

And Wyatts vs Cena was grand too. They mucked up Bray's entrance which killed me; his music started up....then as they walked out, it stopped and they did the "We're here" video....then it stopped again, and then there seemed to be two instances of the music playing over each other. :(
    Match itself felt real short; compared to Sheamus/Cesaro, they obviously weren't bothered about putting on a MOTY candidate :P

Overall though, I thought a very fun show.

I will also say I enjoy sitting 13 rows back in the tier seating so much more than being front row; it's fun to sit and laugh and the stampede now I'm not getting punched, kicked and puked on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sami Zayn vs Damian Sandow was grand too, but the problem is 90% of the audience didn't have a clue who Zayn was; Sandow was working hard to get heat but usually whenever Zayn was on the offence, the crowd were dead. Doesn't mean Zayn wasn't trying though; real potential to be a massive star.

I felt bad for him when he came out in Belfast but he actually got as much from the crowd as any of the other midcarders when he landed his spots and got the win.

Fair enough half the oddyssey crowd probably didn't know who anybody was bar Cena and Sheamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

I had front row seats for this. but the day before the show, I slip and fall. fractured my hand and was in hospital most of the day. I was told to stay at home and rest up. gutted I couldn't go.

what date will tickets go on sale for the November show?

I think it was next week. Thursday if I remember right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I think it was next week. Thursday if I remember right.

cool will be sitting ringside again i hope

• Advertisement

Anyone manage to nab a Sheep mask last night?

Was disappointed to arrive at 6:30 to be told they had all sold out within minutes of the door opening. Apparently each stall had only been given 10 or so (so about 50-60 to sell to 10,000+ people). A family behind me had 6 of them :(

just want to ask did a big chorus of 'he's got the whole world in his hands' come through last night during any of the wyatt matches? it was mentioned a good few pages back.

lycan238 wrote: »
    just want to ask did a big chorus of 'he's got the whole world in his hands' come through last night during any of the wyatt matches? it was mentioned a good few pages back.

Not massively, actually.

There was an incident before the match where Tony said something like "We'll be back in London soon", and the crowd got on his case. Then Cena came out and said it was because the arenas had the same names and Tony was confused. He said that the 10,000 Irish were as vocal as the 30,000 UK fans, and "Yeay! Ireland!" Then Bray attacked him and said the English were better fans than the Irish, and "Yeay England!"

The reason I say this is because it meant a lot of the smarky older fans and the parents who know no better thus jumped into the correct crowd roles, cheering Pro-Ireland Cena and booing Pro-England Bray. It meant even getting the basic "Let's go Cena, Cena sucks" chants going were difficult, let alone a proper song to support Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭tom traubert

Hi all.

I brought my two boys to the show last night and needless to say they had a ball.

Due to bruuuuuuutal traffic, (3 hrs to do 60 miles brutal), we only landed as the show started and we missed out on buying a programme.

Can anyone advise if programmes sold out? If no, can they be got? And finally, would you bother trying to get one as a surprise for them if you were me?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

The programmes aren't worth it imo. They aren't specific to the show, and are rather pictures of the entire roster, including people who aren't even with WWE right now. Saw that Punk, for instance, was in it. Grand as a memento from the night but after that, not sure.

But then that's from the perspective of a 27 year old, as opposed to a little kid :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Great news story about Sheamus and the local Make A Wish kids:
    http://newdesign.breakingnews.ie/test/irish-wrestler-makes-this-little-mans-day-631385.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Top class by Sheamo, keep at it bro, makes all the travelling worth it to put the smiles on faces like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

For 02 peeps.
    WWE LIVE returns to The O2 6th November 2014. For Priority tickets text WWE to 51020 (std rate). T+Cs apply. Opt Out reply STOP. From O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

didnt go last night as i could not afford it but hopefully i will get a ticket for the november show

Sheamus and Daniel Bryan wont be there in november which will be disapointing but the shield and the wyatts are advertised

PTH2009 wrote: »
    didnt go last night as i could not afford it but hopefully i will get a ticket for the november show

Sheamus and Daniel Bryan wont be there in november which will be disapointing but the shield and the wyatts are advertised

in all fairness its a bit early to say who will be there and who wont. the card is always subject to change due to injuries etc.

• Advertisement

Yeah, especially with no Raw/Smackdown divide right now, I wouldn't pay heed to who is "advertised" at all; it's highly likely "The Shield" will have split up by November if rumors are true, for instance, and Bryan could be only coming back from injury if the worst predictions are true, so God knows what he'd be doing.

Sure, the one last night was advertising Sheamus vs Del Rio for months, and even though both were there, it obviously didn't happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Here's the link of the Irish independent doing interviews with fans at smyths signing on Thursday...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/video-wwe-star-sheamus-meets-fans-on-return-home-30297121.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

They're taping Raw in Liverpool in November aren't they? How much would tickets roughly cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

They're taping Raw in Liverpool in November aren't they? How much would tickets roughly cost?

60-90 GB pounds for the good ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

60-90 GB pounds for the good ones.

Are you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Are you going?

Yep, planning a gang of 3-6!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yep, planning a gang of 3-6!

Keep me posted...Liverpool great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Keep me posted...Liverpool great spot

That's my home city

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Tickets on sale this morning already queuing up at ticketmaster for the best seats :D

• Advertisement

BLOCKD Row 9 Seats 105-107

Pretty much same as I've been for the last two shows (last week was Row 13, time before was Row 11).

Really happy now, and at least they are paid for and I can forget about them again for a while :)

Advertisement