Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got my Nexus "Big Yellow N" shirt ready. Got my Nexus Armband ready. Got my DX College Jacket ready.

Hype train starting....
    Would look better if the guys wrestling in Cardiff tonight were here too, but that’s greedy WWE for you…

You know whats funny? I think WWE probably would consider the Dublin card the "A" card; we get Cena, the tag champs, the IC champ, Wyatt. Kane is a top guy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

Good point. We have top line guys whereas Cardiff has a better upper midcard and divas. I guess whoever gets Cena will always get a weaker card in some ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Always wanted a Nexus armband! :P

Gonna hang around the city for the day, might wander up to the hotel for a look too, see who'll be out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Always wanted a Nexus armband! :P

Gonna hang around the city for the day, might wander up to the hotel for a look too, see who'll be out and about.

What time do ye reckon they set off from the hotel? We are going to the show, but I know the young lad would be over the moon if he caught a close up look at John Cena.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    What time do ye reckon they set off from the hotel? We are going to the show, but I know the young lad would be over the moon if he caught a close up look at John Cena.

They usually leave the hotel at about 5:00-5:30 but they're wandering about the city sometimes during the day.

Wouldn't get my hopes up with Cena. Any time you see him outside the ring on his own time he'll ignore you. I watched his security floor a little girl last year while he smiled. He also bypassed a little lad in full costume. He was in bits. The other wrestlers went over to him though. Both heels and faces.

• Advertisement

They usually leave the hotel at about 5:00-5:30 but they're wandering about the city sometimes during the day.

Wouldn't get my hopes up with Cena. Any time you see him outside the ring on his own time he'll ignore you. I watched his security floor a little girl last year while he smiled. He also bypassed a little lad in full costume. He was in bits. The other wrestlers went over to him though. Both heels and faces.

Wow. They stage manage his image pretty well, because you would think he is lovely. That's a shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

The likes of Sami/Neville/guys who may not have been here frequently etc will be strolling around the city id imagine. Enjoy the show, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

your best chance to go inside the clarion at the side door not stand outside the front one. security will have a velvet rope set-up but some wrestlers will stop and sign autographs for the kids at the front.

cena probably won't stop so don't get your hopes up.
    The likes of Sami/Neville/guys who may not have been here frequently etc will be strolling around the city id imagine. Enjoy the show, folks.

nevilles been in dublin tons of times when he worked with iww as pac circa 2006-08.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Adam Rose, Ron Killings and Summer Rae seemingly all on their way here:

http://instagram.com/p/vCTeX-lRDt/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I met Cena at the hotel last time they were here, he took one photo with a kid and put his hand up to say no to the rest of us and walked off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Nimmi182

rovert wrote: »
    Adam Rose, Ron Killings and Summer Rae seemingly all on their way here:

http://instagram.com/p/vCTeX-lRDt/

ADAM FRICKIN ROSE :-D:-D:-D nice one!!!

Sheamus going all Conor McGregor here:

https://twitter.com/IndoSport/status/530381136510615554

People are raving about the R-Truth Smyths signing. Super sound and took his time with everyone. That's his reputation no matter what you think of him as a wrestler. Why WWE has employed him for so long.

rovert wrote: »
    People are raving about the R-Truth Smyths signing. Super sound and took his time with everyone. That's his reputation no matter what you think of him as a wrestler. Why WWE has employed him for so long.

I dont like him as a wrestler but WWE need more guys like him on the roster who are fan friendly

There was a mugger going around town

https://twitter.com/EmmaWWE/status/530486188646629377

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Wow. They stage manage his image pretty well, because you would think he is lovely. That's a shame.

To be fair, with people like Cena, it's a case of if you stop for one, you'll probably have to stop for a hundred and have your day eaten up. Chap has to workout and do a hectic schedule on top of performing. He may be a dick IRL - though nobody who actually knows him ever says so - but I certainly wouldn't judge him on anecdotal stories about dealing with fans.

leggo wrote: »
    To be fair, with people like Cena, it's a case of if you stop for one, you'll probably have to stop for a hundred and have your day eaten up. Chap has to workout and do a hectic schedule on top of performing. He may be a dick IRL - though nobody who actually knows him ever says so - but I certainly wouldn't judge him on anecdotal stories about dealing with fans.

Just back in from the show now. Great night.

On our way down we stopped at the hotel and hung around. We waited just outside the door where they were going to be getting on their buses. To be fair, I couldn't fault Cena. He came out, gave everyone a little wave, said hello and popped on the bus. He didn't blank anyone or anything like that. He didn't sign anything or take any pictures, but he was sound. A few stopped for pictures and to sign stuff. Natalya, one of the Uso's, Dolph Ziggler, Naomi, Emma, Cody Rhodes, Eden, all of them stopped for people. Fandango was sound enough too. Ryback and Bray Wyatt were saying a few words to people as well. It was worth hanging around in fairness.

Just in. ****ing Port Tunnel was closed coming out so a big diversion through Dublin in the dark and lashing rain :(

Show was grand. Seen better, seen worse. Quick rundown...

SPOILER WARNING

Show started with a video package about Zayn and then a package about Neville. Really good, UFC style sit down vids. The two had a solid opener which got (slightly undeserved) "This is awesome" chants. There was a kid in front of me going NUTS for Neville though, which I thought was awesome considering he's not been on Raw yet....

Adam Rose (and his awesome entrance, real fun live) beat Justin Gabriel.

Divas match was a toilet break. Emma, Naomi & Natalya vs Cam, Summer and Layla (May have got the two funks mixed up mind, can't rememeber which is which). Emma was superover with the crowd. Lots of people in my section dancing.

Ziggler vs Cesaro was ok. Expected far, far more from them tbh, but felt they never clicked.

R-Truth beat Fandango. Fandango issued an open challange then, and out came Ryback (who just happened to be on hand and dressed to compete; what would he have done if Fandango hadn't issued a challange :confused:).

Usos beat Gold/Stardust.

Cena beat Kane/Wyatt with help from Dolph who made the save when the ref got KO'd. Cena and Dolph were posing as I left to beat the rush of people.

Say what you will about Cena, but he's great in the ring in terms of crowd reactions with kids. They utterly adore him, and it's an awesome sight to see a few thousand kids cheering him as he comes out, getting so nervous as he gets beaten down, and celebrating when he wins. At one stage, Wyatt knocked him from the ring. Cena went to the barricade and started huddling with a few kids, asking for advice. Really smooth guy. Shame they won't/can't get anyone to be near the same level as him.

Ryback looked good and got good reactions. Emma, Sami and Adam got great receptions. No match, imo, was great, but certainly a few good ones and, as usual, an enjoyable night out :)

OH! Forgot the funniest moment.

After one match, the lights went out, and suddenly Vince's voice starts booming over the microphone. It was the audio from the video apologizing for the Network being cancelled. Guessing there was a problem getting the video up.

EVERYONE boos the **** out of the audio though, booing Vince's attempts to apologies, and they just cut the audio half way through the segment and moved quickly onto the next match, and never came back to it :P

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    OH! Forgot the funniest moment.

After one match, the lights went out, and suddenly Vince's voice starts booming over the microphone. It was the audio from the video apologizing for the Network being cancelled. Guessing there was a problem getting the video up.

EVERYONE boos the **** out of the audio though, booing Vince's attempts to apologies, and they just cut the audio half way through the segment and moved quickly onto the next match, and never came back to it :P

They didn't have a separate audio for the Irish show though, so he was apologising to all of us here in the 'United Kingdom'. I think that is what got the reaction.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Who won Zayn vs. Neville?

Angron wrote: »
    Who won Zayn vs. Neville?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

guess they wont be back in april 2015 if they didnt announce anything :(:(

PTH2009 wrote: »
    guess they wont be back in april 2015 if they didnt announce anything :(:(

They are back April 2015. Tickets on sale Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

An OK show IMO. Definitely seen much better and a lot worse.

Zayn v Neville was outstanding. Definitely the highlight of the night.
    Ryback showing up was a nice surprise (maybe others knew he'd be there but I didn't).
    Ziggler v Cesaro was really poor. So poor in fact I was wondering if one of them has an injury.

Myself and loads of folks around me in the €33 blocks got upgraded to Block A just before the show started so that made the night much better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The show felt like a bit of a dip after the one earlier in the year. I thought that perhaps the lack of Sheamus being on the card may have made it feel like a bit less of an occasion in some ways, after the powerful atmosphere back in May or April of this year. However, Adrian Neville was amazing, as was Sami Zayn. I also thought that there were a couple of good spots in the match between Antonio Cesaro and Dolph Ziggler but it just moved along very slowly.

Myself and loads of folks around me in the €33 blocks got upgraded to Block A just before the show started so that made the night much better too.

I noticed as the show started that the seats on either side were completly empty and near the end were filling up. Was wondering why, and presumably that's the answer :P

Yeah, saw the higher sections were blocked off with the brick wall effect border.

They're used when large sections of the arena don't sell many tickets. Most notably Jenifer Lopez had the whole top tier blocked off, and had all of the people in those seats moved down.

Doesn't bode well for WWE if they've to start doing that, however with our 3 Homegrown talents now on their programming there should be more interest. Also I'm sure people just didn't want to shell out so much money on a weak card so close to Christmas

• Advertisement

Yeah, saw the higher sections were blocked off with the brick wall effect border.

Wait, there was a brick wall border? I did think it looked smaller but thought it was just the brighter lighting :P

Advertisement