If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good looking hi-fi system Denon Ceol + speakers

Options
  • 08-11-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Am interested in a Denon Ceol with Air play in black with a good pair of small speakers. Very important to look good and fit in with a minimalist style side board, from looking at web sites the Monitor Audio Apex look good, but not sure if they are only good as part of an av system or is there something else you recommend and please could you give me your very best price? Delivery Dublin.
    Many thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Vang.

Thanks for the post.

The Ceol is a great piece of kit.

I personally would spend the money on a pair of RX1 speakers before I would spend the money on the Apex if you are using them with this unit.

The Apex are great speakers, but they are designed more for home cinema, rather than stereo.

The Ceol with the RX1 speakers (in non gloss finishes) including delivery and a 4 m length of QED silver anniversary XT would come in at £799.95 and this would be a brilliant combination.

Let me know what you think.

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭vang

Thanks for reply and advice. The black gloss finish would be first choice (my better half thinks looks are more important than sound) what can you do on them with the ceol? Please also note we are only getting 85p for a euro today! Many thanks

Hi there.

I did notice the Euro rate !

The gloss finish would come in at £899.95.

We do offer a price beat so let me know if you get a better price than this anywhere else.

ATB

Dave

Dave
    Can you please double check this price as you will have to price beat richer sounds for starters! on your own web site the ceol is 399 and the speakers are 399 and it say plus 20% for gloss finish which was 80 when I went to school making total of 880 not 900 as quoted. I thought the whole idea of this boards forum was that you gave extra special deals to boardies :confused: are we special customers or not? PS we all make mistakes, I know I make many and I may be missing something here so please forgive me if I am.

2 weeks later are you going to get back to me or are you not interested?

• Advertisement

Hi Vang.

Sorry that I missed your earlier post. Must have had the blinkers on.

The Ceol with the RX1's was working out at £900 including delivery and 4m of the QED cable.

As an extra one-off special price, due to the lack of reply, I'll do the Ceol with the RX1's in gloss with 4m of QED silver anniversary for £829.95.

This is a one-off price as it should be £917.

Drop me a PM if you would like to go ahead and apologies I missed your previous post.

ATB

Dave
    vang wrote: »
    2 weeks later are you going to get back to me or are you not interested?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Vang.

Sorry that I missed your earlier post. Must have had the blinkers on.

The Ceol with the RX1's was working out at £900 including delivery and 4m of the QED cable.

As an extra one-off special price, due to the lack of reply, I'll do the Ceol with the RX1's in gloss with 4m of QED silver anniversary for £829.95.

This is a one-off price as it should be £917.

Drop me a PM if you would like to go ahead and apologies I missed your previous post.

ATB

Dave

Dave / vang,

Just reviewing this and even given that I've had 3 cherry liquers - I have to admit that a 2 week delay is poor service:

Denon Ceol Black
    Monitor Audio RX1 Gloss

£749.95..

Apologies again, if you would like to go for it the price is punishment enough :o.

Thanks guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

That sounds like a really good deal, would like to go ahead with it. Keep drinking!!! What do I need to do next?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

vang wrote: »
    That sounds like a really good deal, would like to go ahead with it. Keep drinking!!! What do I need to do next?

...I would'nt mind they were only chocolates...;)

If you would like to drop me an email with your contact details to johnmc@richersounds.ie - I'll get one of the guys to look after you - (assuming that I don't attack the next layer of the chocs and end up treeless on the floor for the rest of the night ( can you tell I've been off alcohol for the last few months....:confused:)

Thanks as ever - cracking deal - I'm never touching those Cherry ones again..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.