Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog not eating / shaking head

• 08-11-2011 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

help my dog stopped eatting two days ago he threw up a little and isnt pooping he has also started shakin his head does anyone know what might be wrong:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

help my dog stopped eatting two days ago he threw up a little and isnt pooping he has also started shakin his head does anyone know what might be wrong:(

No, we wouldnt know. You need to bring your dog to the vet and see whats wrong with him.
    Head shaking is usually an indication of an ear infection so please get your dog to the vet asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 familygirl31

i know but im sitting at home on my own and three kids and no car and not much money im so worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

i know but im sitting at home on my own and three kids and no car and not much money im so worried

Well can you not book an appt for this evening? Have you got pet insurance? You really cant leave the dog in pain for too long, its not fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Is there anyone you can call who could take the dog to the vet for you? even this evening?
    If the dog hasn't eaten or gone to the toilet in two days, it may be dehydrated and probably weak on top of whatever is wrong. I'm afraid no one here can diagnose, we would only be guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

vet. now. worry about funds later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

shaking oh the head sometimes can be ear mites or ear infection.... but not when along side vomiting and not eating.... something is def wrong you need to get your dog to the vet ASAP.... even waiting 2 days is too long... :eek:

call your vet explain your money issues... maybe they will let you pay half now and half later etc... but call them, your vet will wnat to do the best by your dog....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Vets will give you some credit, you don't need to pay it all upfront

The dog is likely dehydrated or will be shortly

Get there this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Sounds like an ear or a tooth problem, as said vet is needed asap esp. if the dog isn't eating. If you are in the Dublin area try the blue cross or similar or some vets will let you pay a bit at a time.
    In the long run if you can't afford the vet care you might have to rethink having a dog, or if possible have a small savings account for vet emergencies.
    Think most of us have been in this boat if it wasn't for the vets allowing me to pay off bit by bit sometimes and having the credit union as an emergency back up I'd be rightly stuck.

Don't leave it much longer because to be honest the longer you leave the dog the worse the dog will get and the worse the dog gets the more expensive the treatment could be. Nipping these things in the bud can work out cheaper in the long run.

Some vets do call outs but this will cost you probably more than a taxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

That's just so sad.

If you let it go it might end up costing a lit mire; think how upset the whole family would be then : (

Lots of vets will allow you to do a payment plan; bring x amount, get the cost & ask if it's ok to bring the balance eg in s few days or over two weeks. Your kids are probably v upset over the poor dog too.

Don't wait the poor dog sounds very unwel.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

any update? did you get to the vets? how is he now?

• Advertisement
Advertisement