If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BCS-FS500 laser problem

Options
  • 08-11-2011 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, just wring about this player I bought in December last year, I picked it up in the Philips Shop in Dublin. I've started to notice the last few blu ray films I've watched, that when it's on for a half hour or so, I can hear the laser starting to move once every 2-3 mins. Dvds play fine, but the sound is annoying when it starts.

Do you know if this has this been an issue with this player, or any ideas how to solve it?

Thanks

Axel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Axel.

Is it the sound on the blu ray's that's having a problem ?

It is happening on all blu rays ?

If the answers to the above is yes, then it does sound like the unit has developed a fault.

We may need to get it back to the Philips Shop to get it sent off for a repair.

Let me know on the above and we'll see if we can get to the bottom of it for you.

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Axel F

Hi Dave,

Yeah just watched another blu ray last night and it was doing the same thing again. It's not the sound coming from the TV or the speakers, it seem to be coming from the player itself. The closest thing I can describe it to is when you put in a CD, DVD etc... into a player and it won't play (for whatever reason, maybe a scratch) and you hear the sound of the laser moving, searching to try and find something. That's the noise I'm hearing.

The movie seems to have to be playing for 20-30 mins before it starts to happen too.

Hope that's of some use to you and thanks for helping out.

Cheers

Axel

Hi Dave,

Just checking back to see if you have any idea what it might be? I can probably get it into the Philips shop this weekend or maybe next week if needs be.

Thanks

Axel

It sounds like it is the laser that has gone faulty and Pioneer reckon the same thing.

We are going to have to get the unit sent off you for Pioneer to take a look at it.

Can you drop it into the Philips shop and we'll get it off for you ?

ATB

Dave

Sure no probs, I can probably make it in this weekend or next week sometime. Do you have any idea how long something like this would usually be out of action for in this situation?

Thanks

Axel

• Advertisement

Hi Axel.

The Pioneer service guys are in the North so it's not usually too long.

Normally 10 days to 2 weeks, but it will depend on the parts availability.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Hope you had a good Christmas. Just wondering if there's any update on this? I know Pioneer were probably on hols the last few weeks but any news on it would be great.

Cheers

Axel

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.