Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds Worst Serial Killer?

Options
  • 08-11-2011 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭

It's always something that has fascinated me, the whole notion of killing for pleasure and what drives a person to do it.

The only proper insight I've ever really gotten is a fantastic Australian film based on the Snowtown serial killer John Bunting.

It goes some-way to portraying how some people can justify such horrible acts in their own mind, in Johns case he saw himself as some sort of vigilante

But who's the worst serial killer of all time?

(By the way, before someone suggests it, I'm not a serial killer :cool:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    But who's the worst serial killer of all time?

I am. I haven't killed anyone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

He hasn't been caught yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Dahmer and Gacy were two veeeery disturbed individuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Not again. Why are people interested in this crap? Planning a spree to outdo Brevik?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I remember seeing that film starring Brian Dennehey as Gacy. Very disturbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Confab wrote: »
    Not again. Why are people interested in this crap? Planning a spree to outdo Brevik?

Some people are interested in the human mind

Begs the question though, why did you click on a thread entitled "World's worst serial killer" if you have "no interest in this crap"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Surely the world's worst serial killers are the ones who got caught before they had a chance to go serial...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

That Dexter fellow. The documentary is frankly shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Fishooks, it has to be Albert Fish. Desperate character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

If the bible only contains the truth .....

then here is your answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Watching a docu on BBC4 last night about the Shankill butchers... reckoned that those bastards as a collective were Britain's worst serial killers...

As for the world's worst? No clue, maybe Hitler or one of those madfellas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I have a good few books on the subject and this guy ranks amongst the worst:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_L%C3%B3pez_(serial_killer)

Pedro Lopez - thought to have killed in the region of 350 children across South America.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Its gotta be The Butcher of Rostov - Andrei Chikatilo, an extremely evil man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

going by the number killed, wasnt Harold Shipman the worst?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Christ I remember my friend had this on his phone before, really horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Ted Bundy must be up there among the worst, he's got to be one of the most fascinating too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

I came on to have a laugh and say that I ate a box of honey nut cheerios and a box of cornflakes in one day......

but after reading this wiki ffs.. hands down these are the most sickest people in the world, even the horror movie maker couldn't watch till the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Countess Elizabeth Slatory(sp)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Confab wrote: »

Ah ah Brevik was a spree killer not a serial killer.

They might not have been the most prolific but Fred & Rosemary West were evil bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I have a good few books on the subject and this guy ranks amongst the worst:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_L%C3%B3pez_(serial_killer)

Pedro Lopez - thought to have killed in the region of 350 children across South America.
    After his jail term, he started preying on young girls in Peru. He later claimed that, by 1978, he had killed over 100 of them. He had been caught by a native tribe, who were preparing to execute him, when an American missionary intervened and persuaded them to hand him over to the state police. The police soon released him. He relocated to Colombia and later Ecuador, killing about three girls a week.

Thank God for missionaries. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thank God for missionaries. :rolleyes:

Yes, all of them go around looking to free serial killers. The dastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Dennis Nilsen is probably Britain's best nominee. He's the original Jeffrey Dahmer.

Strange how Ireland doesn't seem to have many/any? We must be a very well behaved bunch of people. Either that or the Gardai can't catch them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Luis Garavito was one of the most despicable I have ever read about (and due for release in a few years :eek:)

but nothing to the likes of these killers using ideology to justify the murder of millions of victims

Heinrich Himmler
    Mao Zedong
    Jean-Bédel Bokassa
    Stalin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

He was probably never caught. Those stories of people being killed by werewolves and the undead throughout history were likely killed by people who were very real.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Its gotta be The Butcher of Rostov - Andrei Chikatilo, an extremely evil man.

Slayer have a song about him. You know you're a good serial killer when Kerry King and the lads write a song about you, Dahmer and Ed Gein have gotten the Slayer treatment as well.

Andrei Chikatilo

Dahmer

Ed Gein

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Arawn wrote: »
    Countess Elizabeth Slatory(sp)

Bathory?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_B%C3%A1thory

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Zadkiel wrote: »
    thats the one, I knew it didn't sound quite right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

On the subject ive always believed there was a serial killer in the Leinster Area.I'd say he's pretty dormant now with the introduction of mobile phones and that.But ive often wondered if there was one out there how many did this evil fooker kill?

Advertisement