Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds Worst Serial Killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Arawn wrote: »
    thats the one, I knew it didn't sound quite right

She was a right nasty bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I remember seeing that film starring Brian Dennehey as Gacy. Very disturbing

great actor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

On the subject ive always believed there was a serial killer in the Leinster Area.I'd say he's pretty dormant now with the introduction of mobile phones and that.But ive often wondered if there was one out there how many did this evil fooker kill?

Well the disappearances stopped when a certain rapist went to jail.

I've had a morbid obsession with Jack the Ripper since I was allowed as a small child watch that 2 part series with Michael Cain on the telly by my mad granny who lived in the middle of nowhere on an isolated farm.

So he's my fav :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was just about to mention that.

Albert Fish is one that always gives me the shivers when I think about it. What he did was absolutely messed up. And the sad thing is, it's probably nothing compared to what some people are doing at the moment. It's usually pure chance that causes most serial killers to be caught. Most of them and their victims will never be found.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Wasn't it actually Dr Harold Shipman who was the most prolific serial killer of all time? Over 200 deaths have been laid at his feet, anyway.

There is something more insidiously sinister about him. The calculated way in which he fully exploited his position of utmost trust to kill, and make a profit. I find it more chilling the Hollywood movies style serial killers, tbh.

Fred and Rose West have to get an honourable mention

You'd have never thought it to look at them whaaa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I went through a phase in the 90's reading about most serial killers. To date, the worst that I have ever read about is Peewee Gaskin. His torture methods of both male and female were unspeakable...

http://crime.about.com/od/serial/p/gaskins.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Its gotta be The Butcher of Rostov - Andrei Chikatilo, an extremely evil man.

Agreed. Citizen X is a film about him, or rather, a film about the forensic analyst Viktor Burakov (played by Stephen Rea) who worked on the case for nearly 10 years. There's a scene at the end where his superior (Donald Sutherland) formally apologises for pushing Burakov to breaking point on the case and Burakov breaks down completely. Don't know if it's true but it's a scene that's stayed with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Wasn't it actually Dr Harold Shipman who was the most prolific serial killer of all time? Over 200 deaths have been laid at his feet, anyway.

There is something more insidiously sinister about him. The calculated way in which he fully exploited his position of utmost trust to kill, and make a profit. I find it more chilling the Hollywood movies style serial killers, tbh.

He only tried to profit with one of his last victims by forging her will which is one of the reasons he got caught.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Auvers wrote: »
    Luis Garavito was one of the most despicable I have ever read about (and due for release in a few years :eek:)
    Pedro Lopez - thought to have killed in the region of 350 children across South America.

Garavito and Lopez, both Colombian, are the two serial killers at the top of the List of Serial Killers by Number of Victims. The third on the list is also Colombian.

5th is an American guy I've never heard of, surprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Are you defining "worst" as the person who killed the most or the person who was just not good at being a serial killer. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Wertz wrote: »
    Watching a docu on BBC4 last night about the Shankill butchers... reckoned that those bastards as a collective were Britain's worst serial killers...

As for the world's worst? No clue, maybe Hitler or one of those madfellas?

Beat me to it.

Says it all when the UVF gave the ring leaders details to the IRA so they could meter out a bit of revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 saintNsinnerr

Me says Richard Kuklinski... heres what he did -
    part 1
    http://youtu.be/ErNrZ6ttPuI
    part 2
    http://youtu.be/p0oIV38Q1LI
    part 3 -
    U`ll find next parts on you tube.
    A disgrace on humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ed Kemper was a crazy bastard. He killed his mother, decapitated her and then had oral sex with the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Nephinbeg

Carl Panzram was pretty horrific by all standards. In between murdering at least 22 people and sodomizing over 1000 men (and no he wasn't gay) he came out with some of the craziest quotes ever:

“I have no desire whatever to reform myself. My only desire is to reform people who try to reform me. And I believe that the only way to reform people is to kill 'em.”

"I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.”

His final words were like something from Sin City:

"Hurry it up, I could hang a dozen men while your fooling around."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Me says Richard Kuklinski... heres what he did -
    part 1
    http://youtu.be/ErNrZ6ttPuI
    part 2
    http://youtu.be/p0oIV38Q1LI
    part 3 -
    U`ll find next parts on you tube.
    A disgrace on humanity
    Yeah he was a bad dude. More of a psychotic hitman than a serial killer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Denis Nielsen has always fascinated me. Read a book about him "Killing for company". Kind of strange - seems he was lonely and found it difficult to make / keep friends. There wasn't cruelty per se involved but he sure was a disturbed individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Its gotta be The Butcher of Rostov - Andrei Chikatilo, an extremely evil man.

Was gonna say this dude too...never heard of him til I read Child44 and then started reading up a bit on him. Messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭daithieoghan

Ed Gein was a sick puppy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Sawney Bean is among the most

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawney_Bean

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

This has the makings of a Channel 5 reality TV show. Contestants have to kill a certain amount of people each week, each week they have to kill them in a certain fashion:-

Week 1:- Use a gun.

Week 2:- Poison.

Week 3:- Dogs

Week 4:- A blind Shepard.

Week 5:- Fire.

Week 6:- Water

Week 7:- A combination of week 5 and week 2.

Week 8:- Electricity.

Week 9:- Paper.

Week 10:- Rock.

Week 11:- Scissors.

Week 12:- Nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I have a good few books on the subject and this guy ranks amongst the worst:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_L%C3%B3pez_(serial_killer)

Pedro Lopez - thought to have killed in the region of 350 children across South America.

Jesus! Am I reading that right? They released the guy in 1998?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Week 4:- A blind Shepard.

You're going to have to explain what this means to me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

You're going to have to explain what this means to me :confused:

Can I show you instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Alice1 wrote: »
    Denis Nielsen has always fascinated me.

Can't explain why,but same here.
    Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I remember seeing that film starring Brian Dennehey as Gacy. Very disturbing

Scary to think he could have been stopped earlier in the investigation.
    Found it hard to watch any films with Dennehy after watching "To catch a Killer", he was so good -evil personified.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Ian Brady and Myra Hindly
    Jack the Ripper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

The BTK Killer,"BTK" stands for "Bind, Torture, Kill"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

I suppose Jack the Ripper is the most famous, seeing as he was never caught
    Dunno who the worst is , hard to rate I would imagine

Advertisement