Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds Worst Serial Killer?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Confab wrote: »
    Not again. Why are people interested in this crap? Planning a spree to outdo Brevik?

Spree killers are distinctly different from serial killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I destroyed my corn flakes this morning. Wha ha ha ha haaaa

I have a good few books on the subject and this guy ranks amongst the worst:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_L%C3%B3pez_(serial_killer)

Pedro Lopez - thought to have killed in the region of 350 children across South America.
    strobe wrote: »
    Jesus! Am I reading that right? They released the guy in 1998?

And hes now wanted for a fresh murder committed in 2002. Crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

And hes now wanted for a fresh murder committed in 2002. Crazy.

Not saying he's one of the worst but as ye're talking about killers being released... Rodney Alcala was a convicted rapist when he appeared on the Dating Game tv show. And then went on to kill many people.As a learned boardsie informed me earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Spree killers are distinctly different from serial killers.

more whimsy and an open top sports car?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Not saying he's one of the worst but as ye're talking about killers being released... Rodney Alcala was a convicted rapist when he appeared on the Dating Game tv show. And then went on to kill many people.As a learned boardsie informed me earlier today

Here's another one in that vein. He had killed 2 people before appearing on tv show Bullseye. Killed another 2 people about 3 weeks after the show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cooper_(serial_killer)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

strobe wrote: »
    Jesus! Am I reading that right? They released the guy in 1998?

yep - whereabouts currently unknown.

Men like that don't stop killing once they're released - by the time they eventually catch up with him, you can probably add another 50 odd murders onto his running total.

Scary stuff.

Dotrel wrote: »
    Here's another one in that vein. He had killed 2 people before appearing on tv show Bullseye. Killed another 2 people about 3 weeks after the show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cooper_(serial_killer)

He looks a bit like Mel Gibson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭ballsacky

Just remembered. Met Joe Satriani once,I shook his hand firmly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Nudey_Nun

George W. Bush.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Christ, some of this is grim reading. :( :eek:
    yep - whereabouts currently unknown.

Men like that don't stop killing once they're released - by the time they eventually catch up with him, you can probably add another 50 odd murders onto his running total.

Scary stuff.
    Why the hell some of these people are released from prison, I will never know. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

St.Spodo wrote: »
    Ted Bundy must be up there among the worst, he's got to be one of the most fascinating too.

I've read so much about him. A very interesting character, led complete double-lives that couldn't have been more different from each other. With a lot of serial killers, you could tell that they were a bit odd, but Bundy just seemed like a very normal, upstanding guy. Also appeared very intelligent and spoke very articulately about his crimes. Even in his last interview it's rather hard to believe he did such terrible things even as he's talking about it. I guess that's what makes him scary though - he seems so normal and nice on the outside, but is the complete opposite underneath it all. A very complex personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

One of the scariest things about Andrei Chikatilo is that he could have been stopped after his first murder.

Police were investigating him and found semen on the victims body. The semen corresponded to whatever blood type and when police sampled Chikatilo's blood he had a different blood type to the semen. Chikatilo had the extreme fortune of having a rare condition where his blood type and semen type are different. Police released him without charge and he went on to murder 50+ more people :eek:

The "Chessboard Killer" is a recently caught and convicted serial killer and seemed to be in some sort of insane competition against Chikatilo.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alexander_Pichushkin&mobileaction=view_normal_site

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭LumpyGravy

Trent

...that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Fishooks12 wrote: »
    But who's the worst serial killer of all time?

I am. I haven't killed anyone yet.
    YET!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Probably a toss up between Aids and the AK-47.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Shankill Butchers were a pretty scary bunch o lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

some one I know very well was mates in school with this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Saila wrote: »
    this guy

Friends
    Cereal Killer has not made any friends yet :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

Somebody mentioned Dennis Nilson

It is said that in the year he was caught, Dyno Rod solved more murders in London than the Metropolitan Police.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'll wager a considerable amount of Greek debt that I'll never see anything worse than that video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

dfx- wrote: »
    I'll wager a considerable amount of Greek debt that I'll never see anything worse than that video.

that video truely shocking :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I suppose Jack the Ripper is the most famous, seeing as he was never caught
    Dunno who the worst is , hard to rate I would imagine

I was watching a great doc actually about Jack the Ripper.
    A Retired detective took up the case and although they don't know who it was believed the person to be german.

The reason behind this was the exact same murders popped up in Germany at the time when nothing was happening in the UK. Then it started again in the UK & stopped in Germany.

That doesn't mean the killer was German I suppose but there ye go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper_suspects

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I remember seeing that film starring Brian Dennehey as Gacy. Very disturbing

The party on the grounds of Stateville Prison when they executed him was epic !!

Advertisement