Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Lanegan. Ireland 2012

Options
  • 08-11-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Mark Lanegan makes a welcome return to Ireland on March 7 2012 to play the academy with his band.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

saw him a few years ago on the bubblegum tour, would be worth another go I think...

Does he do any of the stuff he did with Isobel Campbell?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This news is most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

Great news, I'll definitely be picking up a ticket on Friday. His last 2 solo shows at the Academy were fantasic, looking forward to hearing some new material and backed by a band again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I saw him in the ambassador and in Belfast the following night. I happened to be in Belfast so said I'd go see him again.
    Nick Olivieri supported. Lanegan did some QOTSA stuff as well, whatever he sings with Queens, he did here, songs like hanging tree and so on.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Awesome news. Anyone know where the tickets are on sale from? A quick look online hasn't yielded any results.

MarkMI6 wrote: »
    Awesome news. Anyone know where the tickets are on sale from? A quick look online hasn't yielded any results.

Friday 9am, tickets are €20 which is an absolute bargain for Lanegan!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Nice one. The man's worth twice that for a ticket, easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

any idea what the story is with tickets? the academy page brings you straight to ticketmaster but the gig doesn't seem to be up on it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

whitewave wrote: »
    any idea what the story is with tickets? the academy page brings you straight to ticketmaster but the gig doesn't seem to be up on it yet?
    The link is up now, tickets are now showing as being €21 plus booking fee. Good luck tomorrow morning
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800476AE1C17BE9?artistid=735485&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

• Advertisement

Tickets got, cannot wait for March 7th!!

am i the only one who can't get onto ticketmaster?? damn westlife fans :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I hadn't heard about this gig until now. Thank féck for boards!!
    Have tickets and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mother Mooch

Tickets purchased. This'll be my seventh time seeing him in his various guises, once with QOTSA in Slane, once with Twilight Singers, once with Gutter Twins, and three times on his own, once on the Bubblegum tour, and twice last year.

All the stuff he's done since Bubblegum has been great, but I'm over the moon he's finally realeasing a new solo album. Eight years is a long time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ConoR5

Tickets got:-) March 7th honestly can't come soon enough. Im totally ashamed to say this but, This will be my first gig, ever. But atleast I'll be popping my gig cherry to Mr. Lanegan. Can't wait for the new album next month also. I assume seeing him live is out of this world?

ConoR5 wrote: »
    Tickets got:-) March 7th honestly can't come soon enough. Im totally ashamed to say this but, This will be my first gig, ever. But atleast I'll be popping my gig cherry to Mr. Lanegan. Can't wait for the new album next month also. I assume seeing him live is out of this world?

No better person to start your gigging experience with, this will be my 5th time seeing him and hearing Lanegan's voice live is like a religious experience, just unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

DylanJames wrote: »
    No better person to start your gigging experience with, this will be my 5th time seeing him and hearing Lanegan's voice live is like a religious experience, just unbelievable
    I couldn't have put it better! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Getting tix next week. Will be 4th time seeing him. Met him the last time.

Ridiculously excited about this gig. Saw him at Oxegen with Queens a few years ago, but cannot wait to see him on his own, to get the full experience!

Guys, Sliiiiiiiiiiiight problem. As a last minute decision I'm heading away to travel on Feb21st so as much as it pains me to say, I'm going to miss the show :-( I've got two tickets......... Who wants em? :-)

• Advertisement

Anybody? I'd hate to see them go to waste

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Levitate

Anybody? I'd hate to see them go to waste

sent you a pm there, woul love them if still available. saw him in barcelona a few years back, great performance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

New album streaming online. Its really good. :)

New album is solid, some fantastic tracks on it with a few so-so ones too. Looking forward to seeing him with the band again after the last two shows were solo acoustic

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

this sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

this sold out?

that's what they are saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

ah only found out about this gig today!must go scrounging for a spare ticket

Guys, Sliiiiiiiiiiiight problem. As a last minute decision I'm heading away to travel on Feb21st so as much as it pains me to say, I'm going to miss the show :-( I've got two tickets......... Who wants em? :-)

Tickets gone lads :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

DylanJames wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing him with the band again after the last two shows were solo acoustic

Definitely. Those last two gigs wore a little thin for me after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

his gig in Belfast on March 8 isnt sold out yet, tickets are £17 plus fees through ticketmaster

Advertisement