Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Do you know what your bloodtype is?" and other questions you dont know the answer to

• 08-11-2011 5:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I think mine is "O" but its something I should really know for sure. What other questions should you know the answer to but dont?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm A+, if you donate blood they tell you.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

A+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I think mine is "O" but its something I should really know for sure. What other questions should you know the answer to but dont?

How would one know about this? People here think it is very strange that I don't know what mine is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

What is your name?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

A+ (one of the most common blood types in Ireland)

As was already said, when you give blood they send you a card with your blood type on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

What's a tracker mortgage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

A+ here too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Why does your alibi for murdering that girl not fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

B+ slightly more refined :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I got an A, two Bs and a C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

You ought to become a blood donor, if you can. Then you'll know what type you are, and also whether the rhesus factor is positive or negative. It's always good to know what your blood type is and even write it on a sticker and put it in your passport, just in case you are in an accident abroad. Other things that you should know include whether or not you are allergic to penicillin or other antibiotics.:)

As they say, blood donors save lives. Including mine a bit over a year ago. May those anonymous persons live long and prosper.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Where can i go for this blood 'test'? Everyone seems to be getting A plus, knowing me, ill probably fail it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

O+ here.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

Any questions to do with cars, except the colour :o

AB neg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

My doctor told me I had BO
    I'm not sure he was talking about my bloodtype though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

O-

I can donate blood to anyone but only receive blood from those with the same type as myself. Bit of a raw deal if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

jester77 wrote: »
    How would one know about this? People here think it is very strange that I don't know what mine is!

just fall pregnant and they'll do a check as part of the routine blood tests...:D
    (didn't know mine until this year - never needed to know it, either).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

'Oh you wear glasses, what's your prescription?'

Eh...

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

The only question you really need to know the answer to is when the paramedics ask you "WHAT DID YOU TAKE?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

O-

I can donate blood to anyone but only receive blood from those with the same type as myself. Bit of a raw deal if you ask me.

I think you're call the Universal Giver, and O+ is the universal receiver!

You're just too generous for your own good Url ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,448 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

A- here. In an elite bunch of roughly 5% of Irish population :D (although can only receive from that same bunch so :( ).

On other questions that I don't know the answer too:

"I don't know what a tracker mortgage is" :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I don't know my blood type. I went to give blood a few weeks ago and when they tried, nothing came out. Even after a wiggle of the needle (ow, btw), nope, nothing for no one. I'll try again in a few months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I'm O- too.
    So, what- I can give blood to anyone of any blood type, but if I need blood then it must be O- ?
    Is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

B- 2% of the country.

Thats probably bad for me I fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The back of my drivers license says Bacardi :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

AB+

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

This reminded me of a funny incident that happened to us last year in Australia, we were out on the town in Perth on a saturday night and my cousin was fairly drunk but she had not taken any ID out with her, but we had gotten served in a few places already.

As we went trying to get in to this place the bouncers put on her and asked her for ID and she was like but I don't have any and then she shouted out very loudly, hang on I have my HIV Card, your what? the bouncer asked, oh my HIV card, oh yes I have HIV the ditzy girl proclaimed while I and my other friend nearly died laughing at her. She meant her VHI Insurance card, I showed the lad my own passport and he left us all in but needless to say my cousin got some funny looks after that blunder.

When we told her it in the morning she was mortified and shortly after being left in she went looking for "fags" inside the club much to the amusement of the staff serving, it took her a few days to wise up that "fags" is an Irish and British term for smokes but she thought everyone Worldwide knew it.

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I think you're call the Universal Giver, and O+ is the universal receiver!

You're just too generous for your own good Url ;)
    AB+ is universal receiver, can only donate to other AB+ folk. Selfish bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

chef wrote: »
    B- 2% of the country.

Thats probably bad for me I fear.

Means you can receive blood only from group O (most common) and group B-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm O- too.
    So, what- I can give blood to anyone of any blood type, but if I need blood then it must be O- ?
    Is that right?

Group O- can only take O- blood and O- can be given to anyone so you're right.

How generous of you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

galah wrote: »
    just fall pregnant

Why do people say 'fall pregnant'? Its not like you tripped over and had a bit of an accident?

O is mine, not sure if I'm positively or negatively charged tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Where does the universe stop and what is it surrounded by and doesn't it being surround by something mean that it hasn't really stopped?

Oh and what surrounds whatever it is that surrounds it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Where does the universe stop and what is it surrounded by and doesn't it being surround by something mean that it hasn't really stopped?

Oh and what surrounds what surrounds it?

The universe is the universe. Not even nothingness surrounds it =p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

O-

So I can only get O- blood...:(

I've known that since I was small though. Everyone should probably know their own blood type tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

B-

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Miss Olenska

I'm blood type B-.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

The universe is the universe. Not even nothingness surrounds it =p

Easy there 'Universal Giver' - even if the Universe infinitely expands, it still has to be somewhere, someplace. Okay, you could say that that in and of it's self is part of the Universe, but eventually all Universes have to expand within a space and that space has to have a surrounding, there can't simply be nothing, or even no nothing, as there is always something surrounding matter, even space matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

I'm bog standard O+

Other question you don't know the answer to:
    Your other half's phone number (without looking at your phone)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

AB's the Sluts will take it from anybody.
    O's are like horny 18 year olds- will give it to anybody.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I have acid for blood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I haven't a clue what mine is. The twin brother knows.I presume it's the same as his :s

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

seanybiker wrote: »
    I haven't a clue what mine is. The twin brother knows.I presume it's the same as his :s

Bog standard O+ here...had a few transfusions so.......

smcgiff wrote: »
    AB's the Sluts will take it from anybody.
    O's are like horny 18 year olds- will give it to anybody.
    And things can get difficult if they test positive.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Identical twin or not? If it's identcal you should do, regular twin is just as likely as any other sibling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Red.

More specifically, A-, nice and rare :).

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

B+

Id like to be able to donate blood but I pass out at the sight of a needle so dont know if I could cope with a pint of blood being drawn, im in the process of donating eggs atm which will probably turn out to be worse but worth doing as theres so many couples needing eggs and very few donors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

O-

Same here, and to make it worse if either of us ever need a heart transplant we need one from an O- donor..........snowball meet hell, hell this is snowball.
    jackie1974 wrote: »
    B+

Id like to be able to donate blood but I pass out at the sight of a needle so dont know if I could cope with a pint of blood being drawn, im in the process of donating eggs atm which will probably turn out to be worse but worth doing as theres so many couples needing eggs and very few donors

I have donated numerous times and i think i have seen a needle once, its not a needle in the normal sense like a syringe it is small and you do not even see it while you donate. You lay down and the arm you donate from is actually slightly lower than you are so you do not see it.

Maybe even go when a donation is on and watch the process, my friend was like you and i took her to one of my donations, she gave her third donation in September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

AB+ 2%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

AB-

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

frequency of blood groups in ireland
    o+ 47%
    o- 8%
    a+ 26%
    a- 5%
    b+ 9%
    b- 2%
    ab+ 2%
    ab- 1%
    now do your homework thats from my irish blood transfusion service letter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement