Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Do you know what your bloodtype is?" and other questions you dont know the answer to

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

I can donate blood to anyone but only receive blood from those with the same type as myself. Bit of a raw deal if you ask me.
    I'm the exact opposite - AB pos. I can receive blood from everyone, but only give to my the same type as mine

EDIT:
    Just seen that AB+ is quite rare - I'm special ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Just so people know, if you cant give blood because you lived in england etc you can give it in the north. Obviously i mean those who might live on the border counties etc :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I don't know what blood type I am
    Ah the height of ignorance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

For those on in the North
    http://www.facebook.com/givebloodni
    Stocks are still a bit low on A Negative

Friday 11th November
    Cookstown The Burnavon 1.30pm-4pm & 5.15pm-8pm
    Castlreagh Creagh Presbyterian Church Hall 2pm-4pm & 5.15pm-8pm
    Maghery Bloodmobile St Marys Chapel 4.30pm-8pm

down here we've 5 days of O+ , AB+, AB-
    http://www.giveblood.ie/Current_Blood_Supply/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

B-
    Its a life motto for me too, aptly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Crimson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

A-

Can't give blood here because I used to live in the UK :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

O+
    Which is good, they will always have a supply of that.

I know someone with a rare one, he gets letters from the blood bank asking him to donate, he usually does.

I can no longer give blood :(

Ireland
    O+ A+ B+ AB+ O- A- B- AB-
    47% 26% 9% 2% 8% 5% 2% 1%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm one of the 2% who has B- blood.

Can't donate because I lived in the U.K during the BSE period, which is a shame.

http://www.facebook.com/giveblood
    Irish Blood Transfusion Service
    O+ donations especially needed this week due to an increase in demand.Supply is down 20% since last week. For Clinic times please see: http://bit.ly/4xn2NT Please feel free to share this message with friends and family. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Can't donate either, was given blood during the bad years.

Bad day when the BTSB sends you a letter saying they don't want you any more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

I'm B- I wanted to find out so I donated blood, trying to overcome my fear of needles! The experience made my fear worse because they had to use a big needle as my veins were small and hard to find! It took twice as long to take my blood and then I fainted!! Never again worst exp ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

O+ and also platelet donor every 4 weeks for approx the last 12 years. ANY blood type can donate platelets.

O+ or O- are the universal donors -but can only receive their blood type back.

Please donate blood or platelets if you can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I think you're call the Universal Giver, and O+ is the universal receiver!

You're just too generous for your own good Url ;)

That's me, the nurse said I can take blood from everyone but mine isn't much use at all. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

A-

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

AB+ but they won't take my blood because i lived in England. even though i've been here for 15 years! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

mathie wrote: »
    I got an A, two Bs and a C.

Ah, that's another of life great unanswered questions: What in God's name is the point of CSPE? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

AB+

misschoo wrote: »
    O+ and also platelet donor every 4 weeks for approx the last 12 years. ANY blood type can donate platelets.
    IBTS don't take platelets from AB

http://www.giveblood.ie/Become_a_Donor/Give_Platelets/Can_I_Give_Platelets/
    You may be suitable to become a platelet donor if you:

1) You are blood group O, A or B
    2) You are between 18 and 59 years old
    3) You weigh over 9 st 7lbs (60kgs)

You cannot become a platelet donor if:

1) You have ever received a blood transfusion
    2) You are a female who has ever been pregnant
    3) You require to take aspirin or anti-inflammatories regularly
    so pregnant males can still apply :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I always draw a blank when I'm asked for my mobile number. I always have to check it out on the phone.

Advertisement