Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 Mythbusters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Not sure what the SOFLAM one was about but the rest were pretty cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The SOFLAM, the laser targeting that the sniper has, if you target a jet.

I think in reality they are saying a Javelin wouldn't lock onto and hit and aircraft, but you can ingame

• Registered Users Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Love defend the house, theyve got some great videos, look forward to the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Not sure what the SOFLAM one was about but the rest were pretty cool!

Some of them surprised me and are pretty cool (going prone under a tank in particular) some are left overs from older BF games that have always existed (MAV kills is like kills with the UAV in BC2 and mobile health/ammo truck was in bf2 aswell) but soflam one is a game design that is the purpose of the soflam.

I am getting worried at the amount of people who dont know how awesome the soflam, nose painter and CCIP are.

-all 3 of them (soflam for recon, nose painter for gunship and ccip for mbt) can paint targets for the javelin, guided missiles and guided shell meaning you open up a variety of targets to attack from way out of their normal range.

Also the soflam can be left unattended and it will still lock on to enemy units that pass by its LOS. Thats why I usually hide one in the building outside C looking towards the US spawn in Kharg Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

The ultimate myth is that DICE can still create gameplay and original maps of a BF2/2142 standard, and they've busted that themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I did not know that about the bot, that is very cool

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Where's the one about shooting a gun in someone's face for 10mins, he lets off one shot and you die test. Cos that happens to me a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭fhrope

What I don't like is that he only tested the under the tank once.

I have already made 3 myth busting episodes, and in episode 2 I bust that myth with the exception of being on a slant. So I think it's really hit or miss for that one.

All 3 episodes can be found @ Youtube.com/fhrope

Advertisement