Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can my line be capable of a better speed?

Options
  • 08-11-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi Eircom,
    Just got NGB eircom in my area (Mitchelstown, Cork) and on the telephone bill says I should be getting 12 MB Down and 1.1 MB Up I know i can't get that speed on my telephone line but I was hoping that I could get something better because my friend with almost the same stats can get 5 MB down. Here are my stats below. Thanks

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 3072 384
    SN Margin (dB) 15.00 27.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 43.00 24.00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

what speed do you get? i get around 3.7 Mbps down, 55ms ping and .32 Mbps with much the same line stats as yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

stuck2007 wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,
    Just got NGB eircom in my area (Mitchelstown, Cork) and on the telephone bill says I should be getting 12 MB Down and 1.1 MB Up I know i can't get that speed on my telephone line but I was hoping that I could get something better because my friend with almost the same stats can get 5 MB down. Here are my stats below. Thanks

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 3072 384
    SN Margin (dB) 15.00 27.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 43.00 24.00

Hi stuck2007,

Can you send me your eircom telephone number and I can look into the broadband speeds you have been getting.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement