Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

African pygmy hedgehog

• 08-11-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi, wondering if anyone knows of any good reputable african pygmy hedgehog breeders in Ireland? Been researching and cant find any. Please help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mrs.K

I was wondering he same, have been looking into getting one and can only find some for sale on donedeal, which I'm a little weary of ://
    I actually looked at the above link and as far as I can see it's info for people looking to breed their hedgies [eg best temp to have them at, after hoglets are born etc] and I don't think I've gone blind yet lol

Could someone please help?
    I've emailed a few exotic pet places and none have gotten back...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gerryandliza

Mrs.K wrote: »
    I was wondering he same, have been looking into getting one and can only find some for sale on donedeal, which I'm a little weary of ://
    I actually looked at the above link and as far as I can see it's info for people looking to breed their hedgies [eg best temp to have them at, after hoglets are born etc] and I don't think I've gone blind yet lol

Could someone please help?
    I've emailed a few exotic pet places and none have gotten back...

Hi there, I finally got a hedgie just last weekend. Must add that she is a rescue hedgie. I wouldnt trust the ads on donedeal, have been in contact with some and those i dealt with were a bit scaley to say the least - in it for the money and hedgies are being kept in terrible conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LRY2208

Uncle mikes pet shop in clonmel,he is a breeder of pygmy hedgies..this is where I got mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gerryandliza

LRY2208 wrote: »
    Uncle mikes pet shop in clonmel,he is a breeder of pygmy hedgies..this is where I got mine!

How long have you had your hedgie and is it healthy? Just asking cos i have read and heard some bad things about that pet shop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LRY2208

nearly a year,and he is perfect!
    I had him vet checked when I got him and he was fine,and then I took him back because he scratched his face.
    When I bought him he was in quite small housing with two other hedgies,thats the only bad thing I can say!but Im sure they didnt stay there all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

LRY2208 wrote: »

I wouldn't buy from there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Hi there, I finally got a hedgie just last weekend. Must add that she is a rescue hedgie. I wouldnt trust the ads on donedeal, have been in contact with some and those i dealt with were a bit scaley to say the least - in it for the money and hedgies are being kept in terrible conditions.

Which organisation did you rescue from? Looking for a hedgie and would love to rescue one

Advertisement