Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest me a Rest & Pub pls

• 08-11-2011 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

As I'm going to be visiting Waterford in the not too distant future I said I would ask people for suggestions as it is a Birthday treat. (Nice deal from Fitzwilton)

A Nice Restaurant, Italian/Chinese?

A pub that serves Erdinger in bottles/draught and/or Fischers Beer?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

For an Italian you can't go do much better then Emilianos But you'll need to book a table a good bit in advance.

Chez K's in your hotel is also really nice for food. Steak/Seafood place.

Chinese: hard in the middle of town of Jade Palace has a good rep.

Pub: No question for what your looking for go to Geoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ziedth wrote: »

What the hell!!!!!! When did you join the darkside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Thanks. Actually I was in there last year trying to sell him something. Place seemed fairly big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

La Palma is a lovely restaurant - its Italian but they don't do pizzas. There's one or two pastas on the menu and then just Italian style chicken/meat etc.
    They do a good value early bird too.
    They have menus on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Jade palace chinese, near reginalds tower ,good food and price and very central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Thanks. Actually I was in there last year trying to sell him something. Place seemed fairly big.

Downes' sell Spaten and I think they do other German beers too.

If you fancy French food try l'Atmosphere.

Cafes for lunch try Berfranks, Harlequin or la taverna.

Enjoy yourself anyways!

SSE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

stayed in the fitzwilton sunday night wasnt too impressed, car park woundnt inspire confenence either

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Hi All,

As I'm going to be visiting Waterford in the not too distant future I said I would ask people for suggestions as it is a Birthday treat. (Nice deal from Fitzwilton)

Thanks in advance.
    geoffs for pints

l'atmosphere for dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

DaveJac wrote: »
    stayed in the fitzwilton sunday night wasnt too impressed, car park woundnt inspire confenence either

Maybe so but I'm a returning guest, so i was happy the last time, and for the price I'm paying it's great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

seanybiker wrote: »

hehe i had to read it twice too!! :eek:

Another good choice for Chinese is wongsongs on the high street behind city square.. really nice food :-)

and as mentioned, Geoffs and Downes are good for german beers.

Enjoy yer stay!!

H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Restaurant
    Favourite = French place called L'atomosphere (henrietta street)
    Chinese = Jade palace (beside regianalds tower) or Happy garden (high st, beside henrietta st. Italian = Emilianos (high St) or la palma (parnell st, near to geoffs and john street area

Pub for erdinger and others
    Geoffs but loads of places serve that. While you are in Waterford and you happen to be in revolution bar, not my favourite pub but go in for one and i recommend Metal Man beer, local micro brew, tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You've loads there.

My favs - Chinese - happy Garden and Maxim House
    Italian - Espresso

Bars for the foreign beers. Front Lounge have a couple. Revolution have loads. Geoffs have plenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

seanybiker wrote: »

Oh I'm still not a fan but TBF it is what the OP is looking for. I was only in there last weekend actually since god knows when I'll be changing my sig soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

For Italian I would swear by La Taverna on High St. It's a lovely little place, more like a trattoria in Italy than an Italian restaurant outside Italy.

If you're around for a second night and you want something different, try the Slovakian place near your hotel - been there twice and loved it. It might be a bit Marmite-ish though, because I've heard it's not to everyone's taste!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

There's a lot of pubs in town starting to stock some of the German beers, the front lounge is another one that stocks erdinger and loads of others, central too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 life goes on

geoffs have a good selection and when they throw you out at 12.30,the mojo lounge stock loads of german beer, metalman pale ale and alternator .and have a late licence

Advertisement