Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connaught Gold Loyalty Card Scheme

Options
  • 08-11-2011 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever received anything from this? I had a lot of points on my card and some months ago they replaced the card with a plastic key ring thing.

As time went on and I hadn't received a thing, I queried it when I was in the shop and they took my name and address but, naturally, I still haven't heard anything or received a thing from them. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

genie wrote: »
    Has anyone ever received anything from this? I had a lot of points on my card and some months ago they replaced the card with a plastic key ring thing.

As time went on and I hadn't received a thing, I queried it when I was in the shop and they took my name and address but, naturally, I still haven't heard anything or received a thing from them. :rolleyes:

I asked about this in store and what I was told is you don't receive anything in the post. When they scan your card it shows how much points you have built up on your receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I can't see anything on their website about the Loyalty Card scheme you mentioned. The only thing I spotted was the various valued Gift Cards they offer. So you might be able to redeem your points for an equivalent valued Gift Card - €50, €100, €150 ect, ect. The best thing for you to do is to give them a call, their Head Office is in Tubbercurry so they should sort it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

rhonin wrote: »
    I asked about this in store and what I was told is you don't receive anything in the post. When they scan your card it shows how much points you have built up on your receipt.

I was told that I would receive stuff in the post. I have a lot of points gathered so I will ask what is going on next time I'm in there. Will ask to see the manager as the people on the tills clearly haven't a clue.

Yes, I looked at the website and all I could see was the stuff on gift cards, which is why I queried it here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I filled out the form the week it opened but never bothered handing it in. Spent a fortune there since and always kicked myself for not signing up. Looks like it wouldn't have been much benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I was in the Sligo shop for the first time in ages and I queried why I hadn't received anything (vouchers) in the post. I was told that I wouldn't receive anything and that points accumulated would be deducted from purchases. This directly contradicted what I had been told on my previous visit and shows that most of the staff haven't a clue. :rolleyes:

So I asked how many points I had and was told 48. :eek:

During the summer I had spent over €200 on chicken wire so I asked what had happened to those points? He went to the office to look up my account and when he came back he said that my points on the old card had not been transferred to the new plastic key ring thing I had been given. Again, directly contradicting what I had been told when I had to exchange my old card for the new thing i.e. that all my details and points would be transferred asap. He transferred the points over and I now have the grand total of €3.50! :D

You get 1% back on your purchases, apparently! :rolleyes::D

Moral of the story is:-

Ask if they have transferred all your points from your old card to the new key ring and if not, get it done! And ask yourself why you bother shopping there... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

The staff there are muppets, and the company is rife with nepotism, it would be a fantastic store if it wasn't for the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

genie wrote: »
    I was in the Sligo shop for the first time in ages and I queried why I hadn't received anything (vouchers) in the post. I was told that I wouldn't receive anything and that points accumulated would be deducted from purchases. This directly contradicted what I had been told on my previous visit and shows that most of the staff haven't a clue. :rolleyes:

So I asked how many points I had and was told 48. :eek:

During the summer I had spent over €200 on chicken wire so I asked what had happened to those points? He went to the office to look up my account and when he came back he said that my points on the old card had not been transferred to the new plastic key ring thing I had been given. Again, directly contradicting what I had been told when I had to exchange my old card for the new thing i.e. that all my details and points would be transferred asap. He transferred the points over and I now have the grand total of €3.50! :D

You get 1% back on your purchases, apparently! :rolleyes::D

Moral of the story is:-

Ask if they have transferred all your points from your old card to the new key ring and if not, get it done! And ask yourself why you bother shopping there... :)

I must ask them about my points. I spent a lot on an aquarium and fish back in February and I didn't have many points the last time I checked.
    The staff there are muppets, and the company is rife with nepotism, it would be a fantastic store if it wasn't for the staff.

I always find the staff very helpful especially the ones in the pet section.

They should know how the points system works though.

Advertisement