Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Band - South East?

Options
  • 08-11-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Lads, anyone have any recomendations for a lively band that will get people dancing at a wedding in wexford next may? anyone know any decent wedding bands in the south east?
    thanks

Comments

There is a band called mirage that play the pub circuit in south Dublin, I had them as my wedding band and they're fantastic. They obviously do more weddingy stuff than when they play the pubs. Have seen them at a few weddings since. The lead singer is from Wexford so I assume they would play down there!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mirage/89482041929

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

We had these "Something Blue" for our wedding in the summer there.

http://www.somethingblueweb.com/

I have to say the were absolutely fantastic. Had the dance floor hopping from start to finish. They even learned a specially requested song, 2 weeks before the wedding, when their notice period was 2 months.

Could not rate them highly enough. I was at 4 weddings including my own this year and these were hands down the best band we heard. We went o see them at a Weddings showcase night in Enniscorthy first and booked them there and then on the night.

PM me if you want a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

try these http://www.facebook.com/pages/Take-3/254521357894925 this is one from their groovey set but they can play just about anything if you would like to talk about a booking get in touch with me here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

You could try Stephen Murphy. He performs solo a lot of the time but has a band called Request (I think?) that do weddings. They are absolutley brilliant and will have everyone on there feet dancing. I'm sure any hotel wouls have contact details for him. He performs regularly in the Talbot and Riverside Park.
    Another suggestion is a band called Studio 5. They are based in Carlow but I have great things about them.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

jordata wrote: »
    You could try Stephen Murphy. He performs solo a lot of the time but has a band called Request (I think?) that do weddings. They are absolutley brilliant and will have everyone on there feet dancing. I'm sure any hotel wouls have contact details for him. He performs regularly in the Talbot and Riverside Park.
    Good luck.

Stephen Murphy's band is Quest. They do a mix of traditional and semi-modern stuff if that's what you're looking for. They are a solid wedding band though, i'll give them that. He will also do the church music if you so wish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement