Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creationwatches.com (USA)

• 08-11-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying a Seiko from these.Their price for watch €270 and free delivery.The price in shop here is €500.Anyone dealt with them and what would the extra charges come to,if any?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

they have good feedback on the forums if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm sure it won't cancel out the savings, but bear in mind the customs charge you might get stuck with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Creation Watches are Singapore-based; I'm not sure why you think they're in the States. On the one occasion I've bought from them I had no problems and managed to skip Customs (to the UK) and that seems to be, from what I've read elsewhere, to be largely the normal experience. The exception is Japan domestic market stock which is shipped directly from Japan; I think most stuff shipped from Japan doesn't slip in under the radar as most of the sellers/shippers there won't make a, ahem, sympathetic customs declaration on the parcel.

I've also read that the shipping agent they use enter the EU (and clear Customs) in France. On the plus side this should mean that you're less likely to be at the whim of the Irish Customs (unless they make extra checks; I have no idea) and you have a good likelihood of avoiding extra charges as I did. On the minus side, I have also heard one tale where the stuff was intercepted by French Customs, and it was an absolute nightmare. Like most budget operations (think airlines) everything is good and cheap when it's going well but their customer service may look wanting when everything goes t;ts up. You pays your money etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

I bought a G-Shock from them a few months ago - very cheap, fast delivery no complaints at all - I was expecting to get hit for customs, but that didn't happen, but even if it does i think the savings are probably worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mobin

You can find a lot more informations if you search. The mens watches should have a good price and the delivery is fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Bought a Seiko SkX007 J from them during the summer. Great price and quick shipping. Didn't get stung by customs. Sometimes you may not get the original packaging even thought the watch is new and because you've bought from outside your market area, the manufacturers warranty may not cover you, but they have their own warranty which I believe they're very good about honouring. All watches are totally genuine as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

Sorry to butt in but which postage option are people using with them?
    Both are free but if you do get stopped by customs are the charges higher with fedex? Never bought watches online so I'm not familiar with how this all works and would like to know which option people would recommend?

Been reading lots of forums about this store and the consensus is that it's good. I've been looking to treat myself to a new seiko watch for ages as I'm wearing my one for 12 years and the only issues I've had are replacing the leather strap from constant wear so I'm happy to stick with this brand.

thanks for any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭yammycat

pawrick wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in but which postage option are people using with them?
    Both are free but if you do get stopped by customs are the charges higher with fedex? Never bought watches online so I'm not familiar with how this all works and would like to know which option people would recommend?

Been reading lots of forums about this store and the consensus is that it's good. I've been looking to treat myself to a new seiko watch for ages as I'm wearing my one for 12 years and the only issues I've had are replacing the leather strap from constant wear so I'm happy to stick with this brand.

thanks for any info.

Customs are charged by the state and are the same regardless of postage means, the only factor is the value of the item being imported. If it is standard post it will not be delivered to you until you have paid the fee at the local an post delivery office and you can collect the parcel there, if it is a low amount the postman may ask you to pay at the door and if you cant he will tell you you can pick it up at the delivery office.

If it is shipped by major companies like fedex then fedex will pay the customs to speed up delivery, they will then send you an invoice and you have to pay by bank transfer, if you don't pay they will take legal proceedings against you, they will take you to court.

You are guaranteed to have to pay customs on any package sent by fedex as they don't want any hassle from the government.

It is possible that a package sent by normal mail and not marked as containing an item of value may slip through without having to pay customs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

Thanks yammycat for the info.

Advertisement