Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerry Can/5 Gallon Drum?

Options
  • 08-11-2011 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a cheap Jerry can/fuel container or a free 5 gallon drum In cork somewhere. I need to buy a small quantity of Kerosene for the home heating, and need something to carry it in. Anyone know where I can pick something that will do the job? Any help appreciated - thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

We used to use the bin from the kitchen when I was in college. Oh they were funny nights trying to hop over the neighbours wall with a bin full of heating oil, but we were never cold.

Seriously though, the army surplus in Midleton sell the metal jerry can thingys. I think though that kerosene doesn't react with plastic so if you had enough of those 5 litre drinking bottles you could probably manage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I have loads of 20l drums if ur in duhallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

If you ask at a car wash or takeaway they should be able to give you an empty container.

Advertisement