Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from city to Blanchardstown

Options
  • 08-11-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭

I've a little dilemma regarding a moving possibility and was wondering if Anyone could give me some more insight. I work from home with my job and that means I can move and it won't affect my situation. However if I move to Dublin I absolutely have to work in the Blanchardstown office.

I have to weigh up the freedom of home working versus moving up and commuting to and fro everyday and all the hassle that comes with that.

Does anyone live in the city centre and travel out the every day, if so how long does it take coming and going by both bus and car with the typical work traffic each day? Also where would be decent to live that would be by the city centre but also by the bus route to Blanch? I had been thinking of stoned batter and such but I don't know all the areas hugely well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Are you stuck to being in the city centre? maybe you could live out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'd rather live nearer the city centre plus it is a decision that me and the person I would be moving in with settled on if I am to make the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

You should look at moving along the Navan Rd. It is a 10 mins bus trip to the city and approx the same to Blanch. Buses are very very regular and it is a lovely little area, very close to the Phoneix Park as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Stoneybatter would be perfect, the 39/39A passes through there and you'd be going against the traffic in the mornings and evenings so it shouldn't take you long to get to/from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

use 39/39A or 38 38A a bit infrequent bus or 70 very infrequent. The 38 bus is a bit circuitous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

look at www.hittheroad.ie to see options and estimated times

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 for Stoneybatter. Great area, walking distance to city centre and Phoenix Park and on the bus routes that you need.

Advertisement