Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for high protein / high ebi ai bull

• 08-11-2011 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

not oman... i have alot of oman stock coming through,any suggestions welcome:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

any on donedeal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

if you have herd plus use the sire advice on icbf website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

GYR, LHZ, TSK, CHQ, WLO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Lots of high EBI and good protein Gibor and Ramos sons, problem most are from Oman dams, but as yours is an Oman stock bull, run the inbreeding calculator on the ICBF site, might be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

was reading through the pg catalogue last night, does any one proof read these at all... on index page tsk is on page 7 he is not on page 7, axn is supposed to be on page 6 , he is not, got fed up after that, ffs lads get yer finger out!, bulls on page 9 are also wrong as are page 10 and 11:mad: great to see our money is going to good use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

whelan1 wrote: »
    was reading through the pg catalogue last night, does any one proof read these at all... on index page tsk is on page 7 he is not on page 7, axn is supposed to be on page 6 , he is not, got fed up after that, ffs lads get yer finger out!, bulls on page 9 are also wrong as are page 10 and 11:mad: great to see our money is going to good use

at least there is some serious quality on page 10:D:D

as for your post HYZ would be ideally suited to your herd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

looking for good solids bulls as well, narrowed it down to tsk, dsu, hyz, as well as axn and lrw for the less milky cows to keep milk up.

whats peoples views on any of these bulls, have i over looked any major faults in them.

might throw a few flt into the pot to keep stanflt happy;)

gave 10 cows prosalven(sp)- estrumate- on tuesday have 8 for ai this morning... using some test fr, and hyz:)

hyz , is not accepted by ihfa as pedigree for calf registration! so if you are pedigree they will be registered as asr i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭cosatron

just wondering do allot of you put much faith in genomic proof or do you go for daughter proof. of all the bulls mentioned here, only one wlo is daughter proven. the reason im asking, is that ive just completed the diy ai course and am looking at bulls aswell. so far im going for gio mcl, rxo wlo as their daughter proven and were a bit behind from a breeding point of view and these bulls have 90% rel.

• Advertisement

cosatron wrote: »
    just wondering do allot of you put much faith in genomic proof or do you go for daughter proof. of all the bulls mentioned here, only one wlo is daughter proven. the reason im asking, is that ive just completed the diy ai course and am looking at bulls aswell. so far im going for gio mcl, rxo wlo as their daughter proven and were a bit behind from a breeding point of view and these bulls have 90% rel.

Daughter proven for me. More or less same price, similar genetics but no guess work.

GIO, MCL and RXO are all top bulls, pricy though? Especially for newly trained :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭cosatron

hi jeff. i haven't looked into the price off them yet as we won't be doing anything till spring, im just trying to get my head around the genomic proof. we have a good foundation of existing cows by gmi, mascot and i just want to build on that with good daughter proven bulls with good feet as our cows do allot of road.

cosatron wrote: »
    hi jeff. i haven't looked into the price off them yet as we won't be doing anything till spring, im just trying to get my head around the genomic proof. we have a good foundation of existing cows by gmi, mascot and i just want to build on that with good daughter proven bulls with good feet as our cows do allot of road.

Yeah, I'm guessing they are over €30, closer to €50 maybe. The ICBF site has a bull selector, not really up to date though but its good.

Some here are big genomic fans, I'll wait. Look at RXR previous proofs for example, big drop in EBI and halved his milk.

my breeding advisor picked the following 4 bulls for me... hyz, TSK, LHZ,LRW

whelan1 wrote: »
    my breeding advisor picked the following 4 bulls for me... hyz, TSK, LHZ,LRW

Your PG adviser :rolleyes:

:)

yup:o

ordered mine today.
    hyz, tsk, lrw, dsu, and mjs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Didnt think you were a man for the jerseys Dar31

Didnt think you were a man for the jerseys Dar31

used a few in the spring, just out of interest.
    will mainly use them in cows that went down at calving/had hard calving,
    to give them a chance next time round, also for a few heifers that are only coming on weight at the end of breeding.

looking for a strong though cow with about 1300 / 1400 gls ave.
    have crossed with brown swiss 20 yrs ago and nr in the last 5.
    unfortunately milk solids were over looked in the quest for fertility and maintenance, but it hard to get every thing right.

Advertisement