Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harddrive not as advertised on box

Options
  • 08-11-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Was in PC World today and saw samsung spinpoint f3 2TB 7200rpm for 99 euro so i bought it.Got it home and opened box only to find it is a samsung model HD204UI/Z4 (2tb/r54/32m).
    Seeing as HDD prices have hit the roof i thought it was a bargain.Its going into a first time build i am planning to do for my son who wants a half decent gaming pc.
    So the question is should i keep it or bring it back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

id bring it back and look for a 3tb drive, as far as i know the law will be on your side with that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

ger34 wrote: »
    Was in PC World today and saw samsung spinpoint f3 2TB 7200rpm for 99 euro so i bought it.Got it home and opened box only to find it is a samsung model HD204UI/Z4 (2tb/r54/32m).
    Seeing as HDD prices have hit the roof i thought it was a bargain.Its going into a first time build i am planning to do for my son who wants a half decent gaming pc.
    So the question is should i keep it or bring it back?

There's no such thing as a 2TB Spinpoint F3, only 1TB and 500GB. Are you sure you didn't misread the advertising as the a Samsung Spinpoint F4?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

deconduo wrote: »
    There's no such thing as a 2TB Spinpoint F3, only 1TB and 500GB. Are you sure you didn't misread the advertising as the a Samsung Spinpoint F4?
    The security tag covers half the name on the box but its definately not an F4.
    Should i keep it anyway?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

ger34 wrote: »
    The security tag covers half the name on the box but its definately not an F4.
    Should i keep it anyway?

Well you can't get it in any of the hardware sites for less than €150 so if you need a storage drive its decent. Its actually as fast as most 7200rpm drives as well.

Advertisement