Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HRV - Not convinced

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 roscommmon1980

With the recent weather my HRV orcon 300 is making the house very warm.
    I have excellent insulation.
    Is this normal for the house to be warm......uncomfortably so ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

summer by pass?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 roscommmon1980

I saw that online as opposed to the manual.
    Would they all have one ?
    How does one check ?

It's perfect in winter, no complaints
    but this summer is a little sticky

not all have them, it make them more expensive.

is the air intake in a sunny warm spot or is it shaded.
    While it has been warm in the sun, the air temp in the shade has been cold, at least here in North dublin, but maybe its onshore breezes from Sellafield!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Condenser

I saw that online as opposed to the manual.
    Would they all have one ?
    How does one check ?

It's perfect in winter, no complaints
    but this summer is a little sticky

The bypass won't help a whole lot in this weather where the outside air temp is so high and it's also quite muggy. We have fitted cooling coils on the supply duct in a number of installations where brine to water heat pumps were fitted and used the ground loop to passively cool and dehumidify the air in weather like this. It works very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Ours doesn't have a by-pass so we implement a high tech solution .... turn it off and use the windows:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭delfagio

Yes we have the same issue, very very warm in the house everyday for the last month, temperatures between 25-30degrees inside all the time, it's like a sauna

Opening windows does help but still warm, especially when going to bed.

We don't have a summer bypass either on the HRV

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

delfagio wrote: »
    Yes we have the same issue, very very warm in the house everyday for the last month, temperatures between 25-30degrees inside all the time, it's like a sauna

Opening windows does help but still warm, especially when going to bed.

We don't have a summer bypass either on the HRV

good passive design for cross ventilation / bris soleis / overhangs etc is key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

sydthebeat wrote: »
    good passive design for cross ventilation / bris soleis / overhangs etc is key

My summer bypass has been opening and closing for the past couple of weeks - its been trying to "cool" the house at night but this very muggy warm weather is different to just plain sunshine - it stays warm at night too

Internal humidity has also gone up a lot (i.e. about 15% but I am note sure on the accuracy of the device)

• Advertisement

Condenser wrote: »
    The bypass won't help a whole lot in this weather where the outside air temp is so high and it's also quite muggy. We have fitted cooling coils on the supply duct in a number of installations where brine to water heat pumps were fitted and used the ground loop to passively cool and dehumidify the air in weather like this. It works very well.

Had never considered the Irish Climate humidity level issue with MHRV, nice to learn about these things. Thank you

Advertisement