Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in California

• 08-11-2011 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all,
    My wife and I are moving back to San Francisco in the next year or two and hopefully if we get some stable employment will be in line to buy a house.
    My question is about the amount of time we would have to be employed (I heard 2 years) before we could get a mortgage ?. My american wife has a job in marketing here and I am a graduate electrical engineer and also an electrician.

Any replies would be welcome, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

How long has your wife been out of the USA? I ask because getting a mortgage/ decent rates in the USA depends a lot on your credit score (hence the two years to build up one), but if she hasn't been gone too long, her credit score from before may still count.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Funkyman

She is in Ireland approximately 6 years now. I presume though that even if we could use her credit score we would still have to wait 2 years for my score to be built up if it was a joint mortgage application.

Advertisement