Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-Time Pay Entitlements

Options
  • 08-11-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Working part-time, roughly about 20hours a week but this can vary and I get 10euro an hour. I get paid half cash, half cheque with no sunday premium or bank holiday premium. I recently also requested for my holiday pay which is way below what I am entitled too. My net pay is roughly 7,000 euro over the last 8months,

Can someone calculate exactly how much I am owed based on the following?

a) Sunday Premium (I worked every sunday since I started, so thats 30 sundays in total)
    b) Bank Holidays(I worked 6 of these)
    and c) Net Earnings of 7,000euro

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

How many hours did you work on the Sunday ?

My rate of pay on a Sunday is mine and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

I normally work around 7hours on sunday and the same on a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BallyEllen

Working part-time, roughly about 20hours a week but this can vary and I get 10euro an hour. I get paid half cash, half cheque with no sunday premium or bank holiday premium. I recently also requested for my holiday pay which is way below what I am entitled too. My net pay is roughly 7,000 euro over the last 8months,

Can someone calculate exactly how much I am owed based on the following?

a) Sunday Premium (I worked every sunday since I started, so thats 30 sundays in total)
    b) Bank Holidays(I worked 6 of these)
    and c) Net Earnings of 7,000euro

Thanks guys!

Hi OP,

Do you get payslips? Have you signed a contract?

Some companies do not pay a premium for Sunday work. You will need to check this with your employer.

Generally holiday pay is worked out at four weeks holiday per year (so if you work 2 days per week you should get 4 x 2 = 8days holiday per year). Another guide is 8% of hours worked.

For Bank Holiday work - you should be entitled to double pay for hours worked or time off in lieu. If you don't work on a bank holiday, as a part time worker you are entitled to one fifth of your normal weeks pay.

These are general guidelines. You should google Employment Rights Legislation - or the working time act etc. Also the NERA website will guide you.

Hope the above is of use... I'm no expert but that's my experience of part-time pay/holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Don't receive payslips or signed any contract. Going to ring NERA in the morning and get it sorted. I know my employer is only putting me in the books for half the hours i do and half the pay i.e. o.ly putting in the cheque amounts and not including the cash amounts too. He's trying to pull a fast one on us all, the others accept it but i wont. They are legal entitlements which he is not coughing up

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BallyEllen

Don't receive payslips or signed any contract. Going to ring NERA in the morning and get it sorted. I know my employer is only putting me in the books for half the hours i do and half the pay i.e. o.ly putting in the cheque amounts and not including the cash amounts too. He's trying to pull a fast one on us all, the others accept it but i wont. They are legal entitlements which he is not coughing up

NERA are a great source of advice. If your employer is not putting you thro the books it may affect your PRSI entitlements if you are to claim your stamps etc.

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As above:

Make sure you go to the tax office and investigate how many stamps have been paid for you and what tax has been paid also. If you lose you job it could be the difference between a payment and nothing.

Advertisement