Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Frozen Pizza

Options
  • 08-11-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Just wondering what's your favourite frozen pizza?

Just had a Good Fella's meat feast and it wasn't great!

Think my all time favourite is the Tesco Deep Pan Meat Feast Pizza, Delicious. Even better than Chicago Town, Not quite as nice as mizzoni's but this is about frozen. Haven't tried Doctor Oetker yet.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Dr Oetker. I've yet to have an "own-brand" pizza that had sauce that wasn't disgusting unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

i didn't think it would be great for €2 but it was surprisingly. I'll have to try an Oetker one soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Those chicago town take away pizzas are pretty damn tasty, stuffed crust.

Zombienosh wrote: »

They are pretty darn tasty but i disagree with their better than a takeaway pizza slogan.
    Fresh Pizza's from a good takeaway blow all frozen out of the water, chicago town included!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Blikes wrote: »
    Fresh Pizza's from a good takeaway
    Ah, but in the ads they say nothing about the takeaways being "good". I would prefer them over most takeaway pizza I have ever had.
    Chicago Town Takeaway Pizza voted tastier than Domino's and Pizza Hut in research conducted by Cambridge Research (blind test on 182, 121 voted Chicago Town Takeaway pizza tastier than Dominos and 106 than Pizza Hut).

Most people overcook frozen pizza, there are tricks like wetting the dough to stop it cooking to fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I had a Lidls deluxe a few days ago and it was fine, much better than Dr Oetkers which killed off my kidneys with salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Zombienosh wrote: »

I've always thought they were incredibly greasy and oily.. made me feel so ill last time I ate one :(

rubadub wrote: »
    Ah, but in the ads they say nothing about the takeaways being "good". I would prefer them over most takeaway pizza I have ever had.

Most people overcook frozen pizza, there are tricks like wetting the dough to stop it cooking to fast.

Never heard that tip, thanks!
    It's horrible because the toppings arent done but the dough is and it gets hard, thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Chicago town edge to edge or the lidl pepperoni one that comes in a pack of 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I LOVED the Chicago Town Chicken and pepper, until they ruined it by putting BBQ sauce in the crust, the smell of it even just makes me gag.

The cheese one is delish aswell, it's a bit heavy and greasy, even for my liking :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Anyone remember San Marco frozen pizzas?
    They were pretty much the only frozen pizza I'd buy but I've not seen them in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

Got to be Dr Oetker, pepproni and salami. Them pizzas taste damn good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Lidl frozen pizzas, the ones that come in packs of two. Ham and 'Shroom is my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Anyone remember San Marco frozen pizzas?
    They were pretty much the only frozen pizza I'd buy but I've not seen them in a long time.

Sure they are for sale in Aldi, and they are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

No1J wrote: »
    Sure they are for sale in Aldi, and they are good.

I doubt that.
    They went off the market long before Aldi came to these shores.
    I think Green Isle made them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Aldi do a rectaglular shaped frozen pizza and the Peperoni one is really good. I like the Dr Otker ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭deepsouthtalla

Aldi takeaway one is the dog's also going off topic put this is also very very nice from Aldi's range
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyLQCmLhzFAd9ugrVv1rWpe1LrHQ7XaENLxLptXzEyGwRrzT_odQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I like the Dr. Otker one's esp the mozzerella/tom/pesto or Pepperoni ones prefer a thin crust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

I doubt that.
    They went off the market long before Aldi came to these shores.
    I think Green Isle made them.

I was going on OH's memory of purchase, turns out to be Tesco by Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

M&S do some really nice frozen pizzas, I don't shop there often as there isn't one nearby but their steak one was delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Who the hell buys the original Goodfellas?! With the really fat crust and flip all topping?? Bleugh.

I think my favourite frozen pizzas are the Dr. Oetker range, but my favourite pizzas are the ones you make yourself by throwing a load of stuff onto ready made pizza bases- especially if you have nice meats and cheeses at home, deelish.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Chicago Town Edge To Edge is lovely but fairly hard to find at times. Their Takeaway Four Cheese stuffed crust used to be my favourite, but since they changed the recipe they're now all floppy, thin and soft and horrible. I now have a new favourite.... Goodfellas Flatbread Pizzas. Oh my God they are soo delicious! Tasted the Mushroom and Garlic one and the Sweet Chilli Chicken, yuuum!! Hope they don't go messing about with the recipes as they're onto a winner here.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Dr Oetker Ristorante Pollo
    Dr Oetker Ristorante Mozzarella
    Goodfella's Stonebaked Thin Margherita

Tesco also does some quite nice ones in their Finest range. (From the fridge section though, so not exactly "frozen" pizza!)
    Chicago Town Edge To Edge is lovely but fairly hard to find at times. Their Takeaway Four Cheese stuffed crust used to be my favourite, but since they changed the recipe they're now all floppy, thin and soft and horrible. I now have a new favourite.... Goodfellas Flatbread Pizzas. Oh my God they are soo delicious! Tasted the Mushroom and Garlic one and the Sweet Chilli Chicken, yuuum!! Hope they don't go messing about with the recipes as they're onto a winner here.:D

Have one of these in the freezer as I was tempted by it in the supermarket the other day. Might just have to try it tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

The veggie one from the Aldi range is my favourite and at 1.29 each, a bargin. Way nicer than the expensive ones. I am not a fan of the deep dish pizzas or ones that have a lot of cheese on them.

jj4rx2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

M&S spicy chicken. Mmmmm. Not frozen though, in the fridge section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Aldi ones are lovely. Spinach, mushrooms and feta is probably the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone remember the Gino Ginelli pizzas? They were lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

^ Yeah, the margherita one of those was my favourite. I was so sad when they disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Lidl's Trattoria Alfredo range (2 in a box).

Mozarella my fave.
    Spinach and Veggie also really good.
    "Inferno" - spicy variety, one to a box are nyom also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Big fan of the Chicago town pizzas, really nice, and very filling.

Advertisement