Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kerry vegans

Options
  • 08-11-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

any vegans in kerry or vegetarians interested in veganism. there has been a page set up at meetup.com for kerry vegans or also follow on facebook. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Glad to see it :) I noticed The Vegan Society (UK) had a Facebook post about the Kerry group too.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

Glad to see it :) I noticed The Vegan Society (UK) had a Facebook post about the Kerry group too.
    ya its great, but there only seems to be only 2 vegans in kerry so far :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Hi loueuro2,

I'm not vegan but vegetarian and I'm interested.

BTW the facebook page is 'Vegan Kerry'.

Keep us posted with your plans.

hi thats great. once there is a few people on meetup.com she will be organising a meetup,thats if we get a few anyways!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 westkryveggirl

Hi all!

Im the organizer of the Kerry Vegans meetup group (and vegan kerry FB page) that loueuro32 mentioned. Please come join our meetup group if you're interested and live nearby the area. I'd love to plan a first meetup, but yeah, there are only 2 of us right now! I hope there are others in hiding who are interested :) There's no requirement of being vegan to join, anyone interested--vegetarian or not--is welcome, as long as they are aware that the philosophy of the group advocates/supports veganism. I think any steps that people make towards compassion for animals is really important and admirable, but I founded the group as a vegan group rather than vegetarian because vegans sometimes find themselves the "odd one out" and it would be great for us to have somewhere to encounter other vegans--but/while also giving other interested people the opportunity to try/share vegan food and camaraderie.

Also, I live about an hour west of Tralee, so it would be great if there were more centrally-located members who might have access to a more central meeting point for pot-lucks or such. I imagine if we did any restaurant meetups they would need to be in Tralee or Killarney...somewhere more centrally located than where I live.

You can find us on meetup at http://www.meetup.com/kerry-vegans/ and FB at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vegan-Kerry/218392528200050

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have, and hope to see some more people join up!

k

• Advertisement

hey there, so the first kerry meetup is sorted. its february saturday 11th in tralee. its a potluck which means u bring some kind of vegan dish/food to share.anyone interested??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 langerballs

I've it in my calendar. I'll probably bring sweet stuff, and the other half is pretty good with savory snacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 westkryveggirl

hi langerballs--

Thats great if you and your other half are planning on coming--would you mind to join the meetup site, or instead you can pm me on here to confirm, and i can give you the location and details? Im just trying to keep a rough idea of who is planning on going, because right now, as far as i knew, it was just me and lou... a lot of the other members have RSVP'ed that they can't make it to this one, and if it was just the 2 of us still by later in the week, i was going to cancel and reschedule it. So just confirm with me if you are planning to go?

kb

Advertisement